Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE! (Read 55564 times)

jc2721

Re: Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »
Anybody know if these, uh, "businessmen" were at the last gun show?  My club puts on the show and I'll see to it that the board of directors are made aware of their "business" practices.

Q

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »
Anybody know if these, uh, "businessmen" were at the last gun show?  My club puts on the show and I'll see to it that the board of directors are made aware of their "business" practices.

Don't think so.

After hearing about this, I may find another organization to get my pistol instructor cert from.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 04:27:23 PM »
Even more shady when you go to the DC CA website and find out 2nd Nature Defense Concepts officers is Gun Free Hawaii Inc.  ??? ??? :wacko: :wacko:
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Garuda

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »
Was told refund was coming in Thursday or Friday.

It's Friday. 415 message left. Prompt callback from Darren.

Told Monday I would maybe have money. 

I was also asked to remove this post because it's making things difficult for them.

That is up to the mods of this site.  Once I receive refund, I will post, then never talk of HOT again.

paka808

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 06:48:22 PM »
Hawaii on target has not been open very long and already being known for bad business, Bad business+No customers=Buisness closing down. :rofl:

Garuda

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »
Hawaii on target has not been open very long and already being known for bad business, Bad business+No customers=Buisness closing down. :rofl:

I truly do not wish for this.  Rather I'd hope they would have corrected the issue before I took it here.

Nevertheless, we are now 45 days in since money was given, and 32 days since promise date of expected arrival.  If the story was "straight," and non-conflicting, I would never have posted and likely would wait until the end of May before coming on here. 

Garuda

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »
Refund received. Best of luck to everyone getting their deal done or undone. 

dustoff003

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 05:25:36 AM »
Refund received. Best of luck to everyone getting their deal done or undone.
Glad to hear you were refunded, hopefully it wasn't at the expense of those who paid after you. We're you pressured to remove this post?

It would be nice to hear HoT's side of this...

Garuda

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »
Glad to hear you were refunded, hopefully it wasn't at the expense of those who paid after you. We're you pressured to remove this post?

It would be nice to hear HoT's side of this...

I was asked to remove, but this is a review, plain and simple. There are always two sides to a story, but others on here have validated and echoed my concerns.

Marloonytoons

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 02:43:53 AM »
I'm also in this boat maybe I should just go with the refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavies

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 01:50:38 PM »
Thank you for the update.

Hope everyone gets their money or product.

jaynick

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 03:02:18 PM »
I told them the other day that they have til the end of the month to either deliver the ammo or if not I'd like a refund in full, and for some reason I just got a paypal refund this morning for the 1 case that I put on my credit card. They said they will update me tomorrow about the rest of the order that I paid for in cash. I hope at least some of the cases come in. Glad they are issuing some refunds and staying in contact.. i find it weird how they only refunded the portion of the payment that is on the books though. Contesting a charge with credit card/paypal is much easier than trying to get the remaining cash payment back.

I will update tomorrow.

dogman

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
Glad to hear H oT is issuing refunds. I hope all involved end up with satisfactory results. Just curious if anyone is willing to share an example of what kind of ammo and the cost per case.

ibuytoys

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »
I'm going through the same ammo order issue with HOT and made a new post in General Discussion before I was directed to this post.

I've filed a dispute with my CC company this morning.

jaynick

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2016, 10:55:56 AM »
I stopped receiving replies. I'm going down there this week when I have the time.

red_tape

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
Seems like that is the same lie for every order.

Can't make it down to storage
Partner locked the gate
Partner off island
Wrong order came in
Shipping more ammo/powder, may take longer
Order stolen form storage
Order for stolen at the dock
Money missing from clubs

And the list goes on.....

Based on his Facebook posts he holds classes on the Silliheutte side of the rang. Maybe everyone should show up during his class and ask for their money back...

oldfart

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »
Seems like that is the same lie for every order.

Can't make it down to storage
Partner locked the gate
Partner off island
Wrong order came in
Shipping more ammo/powder, may take longer
Order stolen form storage
Order for stolen at the dock
Money missing from clubs

And the list goes on.....

Based on his Facebook posts he holds classes on the Silliheutte side of the rang. Maybe everyone should show up during his class and ask for their money back...
Hmmm .....unfortunate.
Welcome to 2a hawaii. New members should introduce themselves.
It helps to keep the forum friendly. You might win a prize.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 02:08:29 PM »

Based on his Facebook posts he holds classes on the Silhouette side of the range.  everyone should show up during his class and demand their money back

fixed it for you.

jcw556

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:58 PM »
Hawaii On Target (DARIN HAITSUKA), listed ten's of thousands of rounds of mini mags for sale on gunbroker.com, collected payments, did not ship ammo and has not refunded money to most buyers. Many, many excuses, including his associate Dexter Chun was assaulted at warehouse in California, had broken bones and was badly beaten up, causing another delay. Gunbroker buyers are trashing HOT in feedback, using words like SCAM, RIPOFF and FRAUD (that was my word).  When things got hot, Darin went dark, no longer answering any emails or phone. Last email said to call Alex Kim @ HOT for refunds. Phone is never answered. Messages aren't returned.

Is he really an FFL, as indicated on gunbroker?

Since KHON2 has interviewed Darin before, as a firearms safety expert, I have contacted them to see if they would like to interview him again.

Truly amazing that he thinks he can do this and get away with it. If he would communicate his problems, I'm a pretty understanding guy. But when you have people's money and cut off communications, it looks like a planned ripoff.

He's got some serious problems. Hope he works them out. A KHON2 news story would almost certainly shut him down.

MMM

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 03:28:59 PM »