ZERO "citizen" [aka "concealed carry"] licenses issued in 2019 in Hawaii (Read 3150 times)

punaperson

Not like this is "news", but... just confirming the arbitrary and capricious violation of our natural/god-given rights supposedly protected by the Constitution... the one these cops have sworn an oath to uphold.

I just received the raw monthly data for 2019 from each police department as graciously provided to me by Paul Perrone, Chief of Research and Statistics, Hawaii Department of the Attorney General.

I haven't counted them exactly yet, but fewer than a dozen applications for the "citizen" (aka "concealed carry") licenses in the entire state. All denied. All but one due to "Does not meet chief's criteria". One denied due to "false statements on application".

The only other license available to carry is "security"... which means open carry by a security firm employee and only when they are in uniform and on the clock.

Someday... Young will get ruled upon, maybe eventually by SCOTUS and the state tyrants may be forced to enact the most oppressive, expensive, time-consuming, inconvenient and complex system possible to get a license that will still (maybe) be in accord with the ruling saying the current scheme (de facto "NO ISSUE") is unconstitutional. It could still result in ZERO licenses being issued and thus force many more years of litigation. Maybe by then they will have banned all firearms and it won't be an issue.

Platinum808

Re: ZERO "citizen" [aka "concealed carry"] licenses issued in 2019 in Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »
Why not give the public CCW? If you break the law then you get charged or are you like a second class citizens?
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:06 PM »
Why not give the public CCW? If you break the law then you get charged or are you like a second class citizens?

You must have missed the "debate" a few years ago.

The "people" can't be trusted with guns, because we already get in enough trouble without them!!

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=17684.msg161790#msg161790
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:15:34 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:11:41 PM »
Until you people recognize the "outer" islands as neighbor islands and the Attorney General as female you won't get CCW.
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:10 PM »
Until you people recognize the "outer" islands as neighbor islands and the Attorney General as female you won't get CCW.
Us "people" in the outer islands, might prove to be more difficult than you can afford to control.
You couldn't even control a road on the Big Island that belongs to Honolulu.
I thought our attorney general was a Democrat party employee.  It doesn't work for Hawaii.
I use the pronoun "It" as I don't know what else to call it.

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 02:17:20 PM »
Us "people" in the outer islands, might prove to be more difficult than you can afford to control.
You couldn't even control a road on the Big Island that belongs to Honolulu.
I thought our attorney general was a Democrat party employee.  It doesn't work for Hawaii.
I use the pronoun "It" as I don't know what else to call it.
Ren's comment was in light of Sen. Rosalyn Baker's comments during a recent hearing.  Not directed at you "outer island" folks. . .  ::) 

changemyoil66

Ren's comment was in light of Sen. Rosalyn Baker's comments during a recent hearing.  Not directed at you "outer island" folks. . .  ::)
1 guy referred to as "outer islands". Baker then interrupted him and said "they're the neighbor islands".

Another woman was asked if she cares if the AG issues ccws or something. She said "as long as he does". Same baker then corrected her and said the AG is a female.

She need some wang tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

groveler

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »
I like Ren's remarks and comments.
I am "Outer Islands" people.  Proud of it.
I am actually ashamed to be associated with Honolulu
at all.
I call it Tyranny of the mob.
I understand you spent time in Seattle area,
same thing.  A large population, small area metropolitan area
dictating to the larger area lower population
what is right, just, and legal.
They call it Democracy, I call it grounds for war.

6716J

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »
The idjuts at the Hale just can't do math. It's even better when left leaning websites post this stuff.

https://medium.com/handwaving-freakoutery/everybodys-lying-about-the-link-between-gun-ownership-and-homicide-1108ed400be5

"There is no clear correlation whatsoever between gun ownership rate and gun homicide rate. Not within the USA. Not regionally. Not internationally. Not among peaceful societies. Not among violent ones. Gun ownership doesn’t make us safer. It doesn’t make us less safe. A bivariate correlation simply isn’t there. It is blatantly not-there. It is so tremendously not-there that the “not-there-ness” of it alone should be a huge news story."
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

dwela

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
The usual oppression by the usual suspects.  Thanks for your research PP.

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 09:04:47 AM »
I like Ren's remarks and comments.
I am "Outer Islands" people.  Proud of it.
I am actually ashamed to be associated with Honolulu
at all.
I call it Tyranny of the mob.
I understand you spent time in Seattle area,
same thing.  A large population, small area metropolitan area
dictating to the larger area lower population
what is right, just, and legal.
They call it Democracy, I call it grounds for war.
Yeah, I went to school in Seattle, but lived in an "outer" county after graduating.  Seattle really has turned into a shithole and sad to see what has happened to the city.  Even uber liberal college classmates that settled in the PNW after graduating are starting to realize it. 

groveler

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 02:48:55 PM »
Yeah, I went to school in Seattle, but lived in an "outer" county after graduating.  Seattle really has turned into a shithole and sad to see what has happened to the city.  Even uber liberal college classmates that settled in the PNW after graduating are starting to realize it.
Seattle university and SPU class of 90.
You can't get much more liberal than that.
Hawaii is digging the same hole.
Best I can do is keep my outer Island,
Hawaii and not Democrat party.

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
Seattle university and SPU class of 90.
You can't get much more liberal than that.
Hawaii is digging the same hole.
Best I can do is keep my outer Island,
Hawaii and not Democrat party.
I bet we have mutual acquaintances. I was there a few years after you.

stangzilla

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »
years ago I applied for ccw permit in Hawaii.  the officer behind the window said to me, "What you going apply for, you going get denied anyways."