Ige Lawsuit over Proclamation (Read 1701 times)

changemyoil66

Ige Lawsuit over Proclamation
« on: June 10, 2020, 10:39:42 AM »
Seems like people from Kauai suing Ige about his overreach.  Should be interesting.  Other states have done it to their govs and won.

zippz

Re: Ige Lawsuit over Proclamation
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:05:24 AM »
I think it's this one.  I may need to support this or else I'll get quarantined coming back from Arizona next month.  From Kauai for Informed Consent on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/KauaiForInformedConsent)

BIG NEWS! LAWSUIT!!!
From our friends at:
ForOurRights.com

“Tomorrow our lawyer with Attorney's for Freedom, will be filing an injunction on behalf of 13 named plaintiffs we have so far!

You can expect to hear about this in the major news outlets!

We will be seeking an immediate lifting of all restrictions which have been mandated under the Governor's Emergency Proclamation. The argument is that he has exceeded the 60 day expiration period and is now acting in excess of his power. Violations to our constitutional rights will be brought forth as well, particularly the revocation of our right to travel intra-state without due process of law. This strategy would be the first choice as it would bring an immediate halt to the tyranny upon us, however we are prepared to move forward into an evidentiary hearing to prove that the issuance of a "State of Emergency" was fraudulent from day one.
We are asking for your help today as we seek to raise funds for our cause!

This will be a landmark case that will set a precedent and ensure that nothing like this can ever again happen to our state and it's people. Your contribution will help to bring justice for each and every one of us. When we win we can rejoice, knowing that our keiki will get to grow up in the Hawai'i we know and love instead of the dystopian dictatorship baring down on us. And I did say, when we win, because we KNOW WE ARE CORRECT. The evidence to back our claims is staggering. We just need commitment and an impressive legal team. Please feel free to check out their website at www.attorneysforfreedom . Com

Please also consider a small donation as this group has been self funded in this fight for everyone! Even $5 will be gratefully appreciated!”

https://forourrights.com/donate

Lawsuit:
https://attorneysforfreedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/20200609-FOR-OUR-RIGHTS-COMPLAINT.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1SgsUiR93pl5ufGkEkyDsfy_y1i3CwSyY9YSB7ObqORAFmS8fVaJE2oTA
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »
I think it's this one.  I may need to support this or else I'll get quarantined coming back from Arizona next month. 

YOu can break quarantine if you're on the essential list of workers to go to work only.  So if you need food, you have to have someone drop it off to you.  Like our to and from gun laws.

If you're not listed as essential, then you have to quarantine.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »
YOu can break quarantine if you're on the essential list of workers to go to work only.  So if you need food, you have to have someone drop it off to you.  Like our to and from gun laws.

If you're not listed as essential, then you have to quarantine.

If there are exceptions to a rule, then the rule might not be as effective as the rule makers pretend.

If 20% of the population are essential, and visits to those essential businesses and services by nonessential people are allowed, then that's a huge percentage of the population.

We didn't see a huge increase in infection rates among nonessentials going to get food, medicine and guns, nor among the essential employees -- Maui Hospital being an outlier.  That includes the time before masks were mandated.

Therefore, the lockdown was not needed.  However, having said that, from a human behavior perspective, more people failing to social distance could have created a spike in cases, because we all know many people can't break their handshake/hug habits when greeting people here.  If social distancing and hand washing combined to become the magic bullet that kept case numbers low, and self isolation kept people from screwing that up, then it can be argued that the lockdown helped.

Bottom line:  We could not predict the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of a lockdown before it was tried, just like we can't now play "what if" using one or two facts from the last 4 months.  The situation is much more complicated than "lockdown vs. no lockdown". 

It's like asking, "Why do you wear that garlic?"  Answer: "To keep away Vampires."  "Does it work?"  "Well, I've never been bitten by one!"

The people who think the lockdown is what kept us from getting a large number of infection cases will say the lockdown was the reason.

The people who think the lockdown was ineffective will say it was everything else we were doing that worked -- with or without a lockdown.

You can compare locations, like Georgia, where they ended the lockdown earlier than most as an example proving the lockdown helped nothing.  Since they were locked down for 2 months before lifting the order, you'll never be able to use that as proof, though.  What it proves is that the lifting of the lockdown didn't create a second wave of infections -- nothing more.  Different weather plays into that analysis, too.  Warm, humid conditions have been linked to reducing COVID-19 infections.

In the end, nobody can change the past.  Nobody can predict the future.  The next pandemic might require isolation to prevent a full-on plague, but we'll be using this pandemic as evidence that lockdowns are not the answer.

We don't know what we don't know.  Once we figure it out, it's often long after that knowledge could have been useful.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »
Seems like people from Kauai suing Ige about his overreach.  Should be interesting.  Other states have done it to their govs and won.

Be honest.  You only got excited because you thought it said "reach around"
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

RSN172

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:34:29 AM »
In the end, nobody can change the past.  Nobody can predict the future. 

Let me try.  How about the general public will not have the right to CC a firearm in Hawaii for at least the next ten years.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 01:57:33 PM »
Let me try.  How about the general public will not have the right to CC a firearm in Hawaii for at least the next ten years.

You might as well add, "And the Sun will come up tomorrow, and the next day, and the next ..."   :wave:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall