HPD issuing any CCW permits? (Read 19092 times)

changemyoil66

Re: HPD issuing any CCW permits?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2023, 01:07:45 PM »
January 4th - turned in paperwork
April 24th, yesterday - received HPD certified letter
April 25th, today - picked LTC permit

Go holo holo cause sensitive places kicks in on 5/1.  Enjoy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2023, 01:09:14 PM »
Pretty funny how you can submit a PTA today and get it back sooner than a response for a CCW submitted 3 months ago.

That's the argument.  One can buy an "assault rifle" that's belt fed, but cannot carry a tiny pistol.  Since HI is the only state to require a PTA, they showed their hand on how fast they can do a background check.  Wait till the lawsuits are filed.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
With the inconsistent wait times for people applying on almost the same day, I'm starting to wonder if there's another dirty trick at play.

What if they are "penalizing" applicants who applied before and were denied?  I believe you have to state if you've ever applied and been denied in the past.

If so, the state summarily denying all applications for having no exceptional justification could be intentionally misinterpreted as having been denied for cause.  They might be spending more time looking for the reason your application was denied other than "this is Hawaii."

Just a thought.  Would be interesting to know if the people still waiting have ever applied before the Bruen decision.

:shaka:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Cain57

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2023, 04:45:01 PM »
January 4th - turned in paperwork
April 24th, yesterday - received HPD certified letter
April 25th, today - picked LTC permit

What number is your permit

mill8316

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 06:39:47 PM »
I called yesterday at and officer I spoke with had no update for me. But today this afternoon I got my certified approval letter in the mail. I applied Jan 5th. I will be picking it up tomorrow morning.

So basically 110 days, and I don’t have a PCP for them to even check with as my physician retired last year.

Ridiculous. When pretty much all the guys who took the same ccw class as me and applied 10-15 days earlier than me, got theirs within 60 days. Most were within 45 days so.

zippz

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 06:45:14 PM »
Currently in SB1230, if a CCW license is not approved within 120 days, it is automatically denied.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

QUIETShooter

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 06:48:03 PM »
With all of these inconsistencies I hope it's not because they look at your face and then go from there...... ;)
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2023, 08:14:05 PM »
With all of these inconsistencies I hope it's not because they look at your face and then go from there...... ;)

Is there a "brought Malasadas" application stack that receives top priority?

:geekdanc: :shaka:
-- Melvin Udall

mill8316

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2023, 09:39:50 PM »
Currently in SB1230, if a CCW license is not approved within 120 days, it is automatically denied.

If everything in the last few laws passed, then everyone will be denied. There is no way they can do all the required interviews in time. They can barely do the basic background checks in 120 days.

Kai223

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2023, 02:34:13 AM »
It would stand to reason that it’s the same as the building permit situation, where I gotta drop these Malasadas off to?

Kai223

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2023, 02:37:24 AM »
HPD should consider joining the NBA, they’re pros at running the shot clock already. 2 points on the board, 30 seconds left in the game, Landslide win!

If everything in the last few laws passed, then everyone will be denied. There is no way they can do all the required interviews in time. They can barely do the basic background checks in 120 days.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2023, 07:41:30 AM »
It would stand to reason that it’s the same as the building permit situation, where I gotta drop these Malasadas off to?

Make sure besides the original, there are some creme filled ones also.  Garan Ball Barans your application ends up on the top of the pile. :shaka: ;)

stangzilla

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2023, 08:29:10 AM »
108 days and counting

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2023, 08:33:16 AM »
HPD should consider joining the NBA, they’re pros at running the shot clock already. 2 points on the board, 30 seconds left in the game, Landslide win!

Or more like the NFL, tied game and get 1 min left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Takes 20 mins.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »
108 days and counting

Absolutely no reason for this....... :grrr:

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2023, 09:06:04 AM »
Absolutely no reason for this....... :grrr:

Correct. If 1 can buy any kind of HI gun they want in 14 days, there is no reason why a CCW approval should take longer.  HI showed their hand by making a permit to acquire scheme.

astroboy

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2023, 11:13:32 AM »

I recently explained to some mainland guests how the "box of manapua" is a metaphor for bribery.
This is especially true when it comes to dealing with government officials.

Bribing government officials just to do their job is common place in many foreign countries, especially in the third world.
It looks like this is the norm for local government in spite of all of the promises made by our politicians.
This yet more proof our government is in the third world and they will keep dragging us down.

Cain57

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2023, 06:46:21 PM »
108 days and counting

That’s a pretty long wait…I’m curious to see what happens after 120 days. Will they make people reapply even thought the delay is on their end?

DocMercy

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2023, 02:42:36 PM »
Just buy all the merch at the Honolulu Police Relief Association (800 S Beretania St. Suite #202), and put one of their decals on your car. This place also sells HPD ballcaps.

In NYC, a similar tactic works in avoiding parking and traffic tickets. Why not in HI?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »
Just buy all the merch at the Honolulu Police Relief Association (800 S Beretania St. Suite #202), and put one of their decals on your car. This place also sells HPD ballcaps.

In NYC, a similar tactic works in avoiding parking and traffic tickets. Why not in HI?

So, you'd wear that to the police station when applying for a firearm permit?  Get ready to have to submit a psych eval form letter.   :wacko:

Also, what good is a sticker on your car going to do you?  Do you plan on showing the officers behind the desk a phone pic?  I'm positive they won't be able to see your sticker otherwise.

I don't think you've thought this plan of yours through. 

And of course this works in NYC.  They have to believe you don't have the money to pay the parking ticket if your only option of attire looked like that!  Don't kick a man when he's down.

:rofl:
-- Melvin Udall