HPD issuing any CCW permits? (Read 19084 times)

Eo12

Re: HPD issuing any CCW permits?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2023, 08:04:13 PM »
someone on the hifico.org fb group posted an email to hpd, hpd firearms, and the police commission
submitted on feb 8, 2023

Seen that posted also. There is no timeframe, order of processing, status updates, or information available to applicants once they apply and that is unacceptable. Just a total run around from hpd when you try to find out information. They should be processed in the order received. Supposedly there’s only one person handling the applications? Ridiculous if that’s true. I don’t understand why no lawsuit has been filed yet for ccw but there’s been some for batons and other things.

Kaulana86

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2023, 05:59:09 AM »
I just passed my class last Sunday and was going over what is needed. Do I really need to fill out the same 10 page firearm questionnaire that I did when I bought the gun? And it says a passport sized photo? even though I don't have a passport

stangzilla

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2023, 09:02:36 AM »
I just passed my class last Sunday and was going over what is needed. Do I really need to fill out the same 10 page firearm questionnaire that I did when I bought the gun? And it says a passport sized photo? even though I don't have a passport

Refer to the checklist on hpd firearms website
Yes you do need the passport photo. Can go to a photo store, longs, and I think post office too

changemyoil66

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2023, 09:09:40 AM »

You must complete ALL requirements or your app will be denied and delayed.  Triple check to make sure you completed all parts of the form or your app will go back to the bottom of the pile.

dirsh

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2023, 03:10:58 PM »
This is ridiculous. If you you can pass the checks to buy a gun, you should be able to ccw. Should take just as long
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

stangzilla

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2023, 04:30:38 PM »
135 days and counting

stangzilla

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2023, 04:33:48 PM »
Funny and sickening at the same time

stangzilla

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2023, 12:25:25 AM »
140 days
I wonder what's the longest someone has waited

astroboy

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2023, 09:42:56 AM »
Our gov. regards firearms possession as a privilege not as a right.
This same dogma applies to the right to carry a firearm.
It will take more law suits like the Santucci case to correct this.
This case cost the state and the city $130k.This was a waste of tax payers money.
It did not have to end this way.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2023, 09:55:39 AM »
Almost like the government knows but they no care.  After all, it's tax money.  Something they were always insensitive about.  But quick to spend and think up new ways to tax.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if all this is part of the plan:  "So sue me.  Not like it's coming out of my pocket".
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2023, 02:22:45 PM »
I wonder what's the longest someone has waited

168 days
I'm going for the record!  :geekdanc:
who has waited longer than that?

Heavies

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2023, 03:33:40 PM »
168 days
I'm going for the record!  :geekdanc:
who has waited longer than that?

I just contacted the firearms section via email, just so happened, somehow, they didn't have a copy of my driver's license, and they needed me to sign my pistol permit.  I know I definitely submitted a copy of my DL when I turned it in, why I need to sign the pistol permit is beyond my logic.....

Anyway, they got back to me a few days later with status.

FYSA - firearms section has been reduced in force, so everything is taking A LONG TIME.  anticipate long lines and wait times to exercise your RIGHTS........ 

mill8316

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2023, 04:24:49 PM »
I just contacted the firearms section via email, just so happened, somehow, they didn't have a copy of my driver's license, and they needed me to sign my pistol permit.  I know I definitely submitted a copy of my DL when I turned it in, why I need to sign the pistol permit is beyond my logic.....

FYSA - firearms section has been reduced in force, so everything is taking A LONG TIME.  anticipate long lines and wait times to exercise your RIGHTS........

I was there on Tuesday for long gun permit renewal and there was a young guy who applied in January, and I overheard him tell them he came in because they called him saying they needed a copy of his ID and his handgun safety affidavit. He said he gave both of them when he originally applied, but I guess they didn’t make copies at that time of those 2 items, but they had copies of his other required other items.

A little fishy. And kind of a bummer cuz he is prob gonna be another 6 months before they take another look at his folder (and hopefully all copies are there this time).

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2023, 06:13:01 PM »
I was there on Tuesday for long gun permit renewal and there was a young guy who applied in January, and I overheard him tell them he came in because they called him saying they needed a copy of his ID and his handgun safety affidavit. He said he gave both of them when he originally applied, but I guess they didn’t make copies at that time of those 2 items, but they had copies of his other required other items.

A little fishy. And kind of a bummer cuz he is prob gonna be another 6 months before they take another look at his folder (and hopefully all copies are there this time).

Sounds like HPD needs to create that super-advanced, used by every big agency in the nation tool that keeps track of every item required and who processed each step and when.

You might know it as a "checklist".   :thumbsup:  :geekdanc:

How anyone can set up such a complicated process with so many requirements and not have a checklist to keep each application on track and paperwork accounted for is mind-boggling.

Required forms submitted?  check!
All forms copied and reviewed (including signatures)?  check!

Dates of each step and initials of who handled them would be needed to isolate anyone not paying attention to the details and creating unnecessary delays.

They would know at a glance where an application is in the process and if any discrepancies exist.

Such a simple solution, which is why I doubt they have one for CCW processing.  If they did, things like missing copies and signatures would be super-rare.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

haynchild

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2023, 06:46:41 PM »
i have been waiting 141 days. Submitted paperwork at the end of February, about a month later one of the officers calls to get approval to make corrections on my paperwork such as dates. Since then its been crickets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2023, 07:57:40 PM »

Seems common that stuff is missing. I know a few guys who got the same call.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Heavies

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2023, 04:29:56 AM »
I know for a fact that I submitted everything that is required at the initial application, with the exception of “signing my permit”, which was not something that was written down in the requirements, nor required at the time I received the email registration.

No point to a “check list” if they are going to disregard or change the list at every inconvenience of the applicants.

RSN172

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2023, 06:58:12 AM »
All part of their make um mo harder long wait policy.

Why? Currently a CCW permit is as close to worthless as it can get.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2023, 07:31:57 AM »
All part of their make um mo harder long wait policy.

Why? Currently a CCW permit is as close to worthless as it can get.

They are employing a tactic I call "Discourage, Frustrate, and Delay."

You call them, they say you didn't sign this or that.  Then you call again and it's something else.  On and on and on.

They're going full court press on this.  Not only did they succeed in making the CCW permit worthless as a wooden penny, but they also probably put the most disorganized, inept, and scatterbrained person in charge of CCW approval.

All of this my opinion, of course.  But I've seen these tactics employed before.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

dogman

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
We should make our own checklist. Make the HPD personel at the window initial each item submitted and sign it, print name, take a photo of the guy or gal or other, etc . . .