Powder coat for cast bullets (Read 2808 times)

pj3467

Powder coat for cast bullets
« on: October 29, 2019, 01:16:49 PM »
I’ve become interested in powder coating my lead cast bullets, seems like it’s just what I need to prevent barrel leading from my softer casts..
But...I’m unable to have the powder coat shipped out here, does anyone know where I can find it on island?
Also, I figure I will be learning via YouTube University and trial & error, has anybody else got some experience doing this?
“Those that would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Security deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3

Hi state

Re: Powder coat for cast bullets
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »
I would use the powder version of the hi-tek coating can be shipped USPS

rklapp

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:47:18 PM »
Old Fart probably has drums of the stuff available.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
Old Fart probably has drums of the stuff available.
Nope, not me.

I looked into powder coating and figured out it was faster to use a star lubesizer.
Since you probably need to size the bullet anyway, might as well lube it simultaneously.

I happen to have an extra star lubesizer available for sale if interested.
What, Me Worry?

pj3467

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 02:26:36 PM »
Nope, not me.

I looked into powder coating and figured out it was faster to use a star lubesizer.
Since you probably need to size the bullet anyway, might as well lube it simultaneously.

I happen to have an extra star lubesizer available for sale if interested.

Well, thank you.
I’m not quite ready yet to go that route but I will certainly keep that in mind! Thanks so much for the offer & info.
“Those that would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Security deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3

pj3467

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
I would use the powder version of the hi-tek coating can be shipped USPS

Thank you, sir..
I’ll look into it and let you know how it goes.
Benjamin Franklin

PJ3

Mr. Farknocker

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »
I've been powder coating my lead bullets for a while using the HF stuff. I know there's better material out there but I'm too cheap to spring for them. Besides, the HF stuff works provided you can figure out an effective way of coating the bullets before baking.   The only way I've been able to get around the shipping restriction is by having HF ship the order to a friend who regularly visits Hawaii. Using a lubesizer instead of PC makes sense from time standpoint since you still have to size the bullets with PC. However, I still prefer PC over traditional lube because its the only way I can keep my barrels lead-free.

davek42

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »
I ordered 3 lbs off ebay got it in a few days, no trouble. works great.