2ahawaii Certificate expired? (Read 3745 times)

230RN

2ahawaii Certificate expired?
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:11:15 PM »

Been seeing a "lock" icon in Internet Explorer indicating a problem with the site's Certificate, then today got a verbal message that there was trouble with it. and my connection may be intercepted.

Pinged 198.252.98.59 and it went through OK.

Search-engined "198.252.98.59" and it indicated an IP address of ":Hawk" in Texas.

Re-hit 2ahawaii from my Favorites, and the lock icon was still there, but with no verbal warning this time.

Hover-clicked the lock icon and got this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq?ocid=IE10_trustbadge_valid#ie=ie-11

What gives?

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:17:20 PM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

macsak

Re: 2ahawaii Certificate expired?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »

Been seeing a "lock" icon in Internet Explorer indicating a problem with the site's Certificate, then today got a verbal message that there was trouble with it. and my connection may be intercepted.

Pinged 198.252.98.59 and it went through OK.

Search-engined "198.252.98.59" and it indicated an IP address of ":Hawk" in Texas.

Re-hit 2ahawaii from my Favorites, and the lock icon was still there, but with no verbal warning this time.

Hover-clicked the lock icon and got this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq?ocid=IE10_trustbadge_valid#ie=ie-11

What gives?

Terry, 230RN

this morning for about half an hour i was getting a warning that the https: was not working and i could access http: but it would not be secure

Kingkeoni

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
Meh, you know it's a secure site.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »
Are you still having this problem today? The security cert expired yesterday and I replaced it so it should be good. Should be anyway :D
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

230RN

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 07:49:29 AM »
Well, I still see the lock symbol and clicking on it says," GlobalSign has identified this site as 2aHawaii.com," so I guess it's OK now.  Sorta.  So thanks, but I still wonder why I'm seeing the lock in the first place.

So maybe my stream is being intercepted, which was what they said was possible the first time I clicked on the lock icon.  :D  I wouldn't be surprised since I avow the Second Amendment so strongly.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:55:23 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
The lock is a good thing :D

It just means the site is delivered securely to your computer from a trusted host.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here