Photobucket problem (Read 7206 times)

rklapp

Photobucket problem
« on: June 28, 2017, 09:57:21 PM »
I've been using Photobucket to host my photos to post here. Now they put a placeholder for my images which are still linked to my photo's on their site. They're asking for $400 per year to allow my photos to be posted on 3rd party servers which is outrageous. What photo hosting service do you suggest that's reasonably priced and allows 3rd party hosting? TIA

Edit: Imageshack is having a sale for $19 per year and promise direct linking. I'm trying it here.

Hmm... so far, not impressed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:14:34 PM by rklapp »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

London808

Re: Photobucket problem
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
I use facebook, I set the photo to share with me only and then use the URL for the image here.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

rklapp

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
I didn't know that was possible.

dustoff003

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »
Why not just post the photos straight to this site? What are the benefits to using a 3rd party site/server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London808

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 10:38:59 PM »
Why not just post the photos straight to this site? What are the benefits to using a 3rd party site/server?

Bigger images, no file or image size constraints.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Inspector

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 06:29:23 AM »

I could have gone all day without seeing that image of a monkey humping a football. Wait, he is humping it, right?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just upload whatever images I want to this site. Never had a problem with the limitations.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 08:22:54 AM »
I believe that was an action photo of a monkey going in to the end zone for a touchdown
What, Me Worry?

Mr. Farknocker

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
I switched to vgy.me.  It's free.

rklapp

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 09:56:39 AM »
It's difficult to reference photos when there are multiple photos attached. I prefer the commentary/photo/commentary/photo style.

London808

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 01:10:04 PM »
It's difficult to reference photos when there are multiple photos attached. I prefer the commentary/photo/commentary/photo style.

itirates the hell out me when people quote photos in a reply.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
itirates the hell out me when people quote photos in a reply.

You and me both.  I use a PC/Mac most times, but I bet it really makes using a phone a pain.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
I wish there was a way to set the size of the photos. Usually, I try to find the average size photo. I eventually gave up in my reloading post.

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
Try imgur, then follow these instructions http://imgur.com/gallery/2Vdtu.
Very easy to do, just don't officially "Publish to Imgur" (or "Share to community") otherwise you're gonna get downvoted to hell.
Instead just upload the image you want to imgur without "share to community", go to the top right hand corner to your account name and click on "Images" then click on the image you just uploaded and then copy/paste the "direct link" of the image in between the two "[img]"
Works all the time and it's a free image sharing website.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:28:05 PM by mangosteenqueen »

rklapp

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 11:03:15 PM »
I'm happy so far with just using Facebook. I realized that if I upload the photo to the phone app, it will resize automatically. I do wonder how long until Facebook or Imgur figures out what we're doing and stops it.

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
I'm not too concerned on Imgur, they usually upload to whatever resolution your photo is (which can pose a problem, high quality photos end up taking a lot of screen space if you insert an image uploaded from imgur to a post in 2ahawaii). Basically a free image sharing website, home of endless memes, user friendly, or otherwise you'd have to really screw up and get your account banned like uploading X rated stuff and sharing it without marking it as "mature".

But at least for anyone wondering about what other options to source images from other than photobucket, Imgur is good to go.
Occasionally someone shares gun stuff to the community and it gains a lot of upvotes (likes), granted if you give entertaining information or whatever. So yeah, imgur is safe to use.

dv808

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 11:27:46 PM »
Imgur +1

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk