ok, guys, time to get moving on this range cleanup day- i am writing an email to (Read 46295 times)

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

Question:  Are we allowed to be at the range on days/times when they are normally closed (Mon/Tue all day and Wed-Fri mornings)?  If so, seems like that would be the safest and least complicated times to get things done.

Someone would probably need to coordinate with the range and parks management, I imagine, to make sure it's allowed.  They may have to have C&C employees there to supervise/monitor activities.

Just wondering if this is an issue or even possible before dates are finalized.

:shaka:
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

nasdqplaya

What ever needs to be done I dont give a fuck I can help.

"Left Wing or Right Wing does not matter both wings belong to the same bird"

Q

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:47:02 PM by Q »

macsak

Question:  Are we allowed to be at the range on days/times when they are normally closed (Mon/Tue all day and Wed-Fri mornings)?  If so, seems like that would be the safest and least complicated times to get things done.

Someone would probably need to coordinate with the range and parks management, I imagine, to make sure it's allowed.  They may have to have C&C employees there to supervise/monitor activities.

Just wondering if this is an issue or even possible before dates are finalized.

:shaka:

yes, we are working with the rangemaster and the parks director by authorization from the mayor
read the letter in the previous post
i will send this in the am and will await their response

mahalo for your input
i appreciate all the help i can get

macsak

What ever needs to be done I dont give a fuck I can help.

"Left Wing or Right Wing does not matter both wings belong to the same bird"

mahalo playa

macsak

I'm thinking we should offer the option to make donations to assist with the completion of the range.

Knudnuts was already whining to the mayor about costs, so I wonder if Caldwell will allow us to donate not only our manpower, but our dollars as well to the completion of the range.

Someone suggested we could start a fundme or kickstarter to get the donations rolling. We could also have people go door to door sporting HDF / 2a shirts and asking for small contributions. if every member of HRA / LIFE / HDF / 2a would be able to contribute even just $10-20, it would reduce the city budget exponentially, and possibly motivate the city to further along the construction a faster rate.

nope
any donations would go to the general fund, not to the range

jl is going to look into other ways to help

let's work on one thing at a time
we are all going to be donating our time, expertise, and materials/equipment/food/water for this project
we have to focus

thanks for the reminder about tshirts
i'll ask chris about that

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

Speaking of T-Shirts, this is a great chance to bring a bunch to the range and make them available to the volunteers.  Would look great on camera if everyone had shirts on for all the 2A-related support groups.

Notice I didn't say "sell".
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

macsak

Speaking of T-Shirts, this is a great chance to bring a bunch to the range and make them available to the volunteers.  Would look great on camera if everyone had shirts on for all the 2A-related support groups.

Notice I didn't say "sell".

i just sent a note to chris about that after q mentioned it

also checking if the HDF store is still active

darmok- can we count on you to help?

Q

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 11:11:12 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:47:09 PM by Q »

macsak

Maybe I could rock a 2a sweat band while I utilize my black man-kini to trim the range foliage.

man, that is NOT the image i need in my head right before i go to sleep
:grrr:

and perhaps you could've chosen better words than "trim foliage" when referring to wearing your sling
:)

kaloman

I'm in for helping with anything if it's on Sunday, 12/29.  Thanks again macsak for initiating the effort!

macsak

I'm in for helping with anything if it's on Sunday, 12/29.  Thanks again macsak for initiating the effort!

mahalo k-man

Q

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:47:31 PM by Q »

macsak

If you want a more vivid picture in your mind, know that this will be playing on repeat while trimming the hedges; complete with in-sync hip thrusts and van damme splits.

Ah yes, don't forget to picture the knee high socks with my militia boots.

:geekdanc:

i really can't sleep now that i puked a couple of times
https://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/undecided.gif

macsak

i really can't sleep now that i puked a couple of times
https://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/undecided.gif

since i can't sleep, i edited the letter a bit
PLEASE give feedback

my name is steve kumasaka, and i am the guy wearing khaki that asked if the gun community could volunteer to help clean up the range
since the mayor said to make it happen, i think we should try and make it happen
please excuse my lack of punctuation and capitalization, but that's how i write and think clearly
i am member of, but do not represent, www.2aHawaii.com (an online forum in support of the second amendment) and the hawaii defense foundation (www.thehdf.org)
i have the support of the over 2000 members of 2aHI, and nearly 1000 members of HDF (although the memberships likely overlap a lot)
i will also be enlisting the aid of other shooting sports clubs/groups/organizations via email, social media, etc
we also plan to post notices at the range and local gun/archery shops
i plan to make this a community effort, with not one group or another taking charge or credit, but all of us as citizens chipping in to make khsc better

what we need to decide first is what needs to be done and when it can happen
i know we talked about sometime during the holidays, since the rifle range will be closed until at least the end of the year
this will also allow us more lead time for organization and planning
the period between christmas and new year's is downtime for some industries, most notably the shipyard (we have welder members that work at the shipyard)
we have other members that will be available during this period too
some members have said that, given lead time, that they would get time off to help out
dec 24/25 and dec 31/jan 1 are obviously out for family purposes
the HDF has action bay 1 reserved dec 28th, so that wouldn't be good since our core volunteers are involved in the range days
my best days are sunday december 29th and thursday december 26th
but another great day would be monday december 30, since the pistol range would be closed and we could go downrange
i started a discussion thread a few hours ago to get the conversation started
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=12444.0
i know mr muramoto wanted stands welded
we got the commitment of one guy standing next to him on saturday, and i have the commitment of several more
the 2aHI gang would like it if there were more 25 yard target holes instead of just the 2 on the right, perhaps we could help with the installation of those too
one of the main concerns of the 2aHI crew are the bathrooms
we would like to try and powerwash and paint and then check the doors, locks, electrical, and plumbing
the same would go for the rifle and pistol range buildings, along with any cleanup of offices and storage rooms that mr muramoto wants done
another suggestion was refurbishment/replacement of the benches that we sit on while waiting to shoot
we would also like to pick up litter, do general yard maintenance and perhaps paint lines, curbs, speed bumps, arrows, handicap parking, etc in the parking lot

i need to say that i am willing to coordinate manpower ONLY
i have someone that has said they will help me with spreading the word
i personally do not have the time to obtain donations of supplies/materials/equipment
my volunteers can provide some supplies/materials/equipment and we are trying to coordinate donations individually, but we would need to have the supplies/materials/equipment mainly provided by the city
in addition, we would need use of electricity (generators?) and water, plus a place to get rid of the rubbish
but if we can get paint and brushes, i think we can get a lot painted

we would also like to know what the range staff and parks department would like to get done
the only way that this will happen successfully is if we work together
we look forward to your responses
i know you have a lot going on with the range repairs, but your prompt attention would be appreciated

aloha

steve

Jdelacruz

Count me in on this. Depending on the date I can supply labor (I'm pretty tied up during Sony open as my business has a contract with them during that time) or as long as it's not the date by wife gives birth. If I can't make it I will donate whatever I can to the cause (supplies, drinks, etc.).

Thanks Macsac for coordinating.

Funtimes

i just sent a note to chris about that after q mentioned it

also checking if the HDF store is still active

darmok- can we count on you to help?

I think I just need to update the quantities of shirts and take down the target stands (Unless we have a volunteer that want's to make themselves available to store some stands at their home and set it out for pick up when a person purchases).  I have tomorrow and the next day off - will work on that.

macsak

I think I just need to update the quantities of shirts and take down the target stands (Unless we have a volunteer that want's to make themselves available to store some stands at their home and set it out for pick up when a person purchases).  I have tomorrow and the next day off - will work on that.

mahalo chris
let me know on the other stuff asap

macsak

Count me in on this. Depending on the date I can supply labor (I'm pretty tied up during Sony open as my business has a contract with them during that time) or as long as it's not the date by wife gives birth. If I can't make it I will donate whatever I can to the cause (supplies, drinks, etc.).

Thanks Macsac for coordinating.

mahalo jdela

bass monkey

Great job guys. Glad to see everyone stepping up and willing to help out. With the approval sounds like we will have a world class shooting range soon.

Mac the second version looks better with more details about specifics.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with from here.