How's the line at HPD? (Read 967768 times)

rpoL98

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #2300 on: November 18, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
clarification:
by "day of the week", i had meant like "Thursday", or "Monday".  different from the date.  hope this helps.  thanks.

mauidog

« Reply #2301 on: November 18, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
clarification:
by "day of the week", i had meant like "Thursday", or "Monday".  different from the date.  hope this helps.  thanks.

Maybe a standard format for each update?  Something like:

----------- Copy / Paste -----------
Day:  W      <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  0745
Time out:  0810
People in line upon Arrival;: 0
People in line upon Departure:  4
Permit Applications Submitted:  2
Permits Picked Up: 1
Local Firearms Registered:  1
Out of State Firearms Registered: 0

Might be more useful if we want to actually use this to gather metrics for some reason.   :shaka:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

HUH

« Reply #2302 on: November 18, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
went this morning. was a pretty interesting experience. read online last night that Hawaii is the 4th toughest state to acquire firearms, i see why. i was amused by people inline in front of me getting "scolded" for trying to pay with credit/debit card, not having the exact change, handing in an incomplete form, i was giggling thinking these people are idiots. then its my turn to hand in all the completed paperwork and the officer circles something on one of the forms and hands it back to me giving me a "brah, you serious?" look. i glance down to see he circled where it says (PLEASE INITIAL) on the firearm application questionnaire, i put x's in all the boxes under NO column. yeah I'm an IDIOT too!!! anyway, i applied only for long gun permit and it was my first time so i had to finger print. a guy behind my in line was just picking up his long gun permit and he was there only about 10 - 15 mins. here are the 'stats' (mauidog) suggested-

Time in:  10:30
Time out:  11:15
People in line upon Arrival: 4
People in line upon Departure:  8
Permit Applications Submitted:  1
Permits Picked Up: 0
Local Firearms Registered:  0

dogman

« Reply #2303 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:55 PM »
we should probably note what day of the week you went in the posting, so that when folks review past postings, they know what days are busy, what days aren't, etc.  otherwise you have to look at the date of the posting, then go look on a calendar what day of the week that was.  just a thought.

I don't believe there is any consistency as far as what day and time is the best or worse time to go to HPD. I went this past Monday at 12:20 :shake: MONDAY AT LUNCH TIME :shake: and there was only one person in line. Unfortunately there was a girl at the window who was having trouble filling out the forms and was at the window for ten minutes. When the guy in front of me finally went in there were five in line behind me. I think it depends more on who is in at the window in front of you than what time or day it is. If a guy is doing an out of state transfer of ten guns the line is going to get long. I think this thread is most valuable when the post are from members in line or just leaving although the update can change from no line to out the door in a half hour.

Inspector

« Reply #2304 on: November 27, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
Friday 9:00am the line is out the door. Very busy today.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

BigDaddy31

« Reply #2305 on: December 01, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

Day:  T     <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  1055
Time out:  1100
People in line upon Arrival;: 4
Permit Applications Submitted:  2
Permits Picked Up: 1
Local Firearms Registered: 

A little strange, there was 3 uniformed cops in waiting area plus 2 more working behind the glass. I was in/out in barely 5 minutes. Didn't even feed meter...it had 33 minutes left 😁

whynow?

« Reply #2306 on: December 02, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
Time in:  0930
Time out:  0950
People in line upon Arrival;: 3 (didn't have to wait)
Local Firearms Registered:  0

They were  3 people waiting outside but waiting for paperwork and 2 inside waiting for paper.  Went to the open door and an officer waved me in so didn't have to wait.
 Applied for long gun permit.   Camera is in the room and finger printing also done in the room.    The clearing bin is against the Makai wall and  all chairs and table against the
KKHD side wall.  Good move IMO to make it easier to clear guns safely.  Maybe they read our forum about safety issues in that room.   Officer working the line to assist people's business, which is helpful.   I haven't been there for over a year so not sure if what I observed today is old
 news to most. 

All_rice

« Reply #2307 on: December 04, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Anyone go to HPD today?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 12:09:42 PM by All_rice »
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

rpoL98

« Reply #2308 on: December 04, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
went there today, Friday, 4 Dec 2015

got there at 1:10pm, 11 people in-line (outside of the little room) in front of me.  there were probably 3 persons in the little room being processed.
took me 1hr to get to my turn.
20 minutes for them to process my long gun registering.
when i left at about 2:30pm, there were about 14 people in-line, all the way to the door.

while i was in line, HPD admin or uniformed officer frequently came out and queried folks in the line if there was anybody there to just pick up their permit (those that submitted 2 weeks ago).  that helped.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:59:44 PM by rpoL98 »

suka

« Reply #2309 on: December 04, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
yup , the "uniformed officers" helps out a lot.

All_rice

« Reply #2310 on: December 04, 2015, 05:29:02 PM »
I went today in the afternoon, saw the line, and left.  Hopefully Monday is better.

RSN172

« Reply #2311 on: December 04, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »
I think we may see lines like late Dec 2012 and Jan 2013 soon with Obama talking about trying to make if difficult to obtain firearms and banning the scary black rifles.

tpi001

« Reply #2312 on: December 07, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »
Day:  M     <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  0815
Time out:  0830
People in line upon Departure:  1
Local Firearms Registered: 0

The traffic in the area was extra heavy due to the gas leak/repairs but it seems earlier the better; fight the early morning traffic or wait in the line.

It did help to have the majority of the paperwork ready and I had to complete the carbon permit form and medical marijuana form. I did the fingerprint but not the picture.

All_rice

« Reply #2313 on: December 07, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
Day:  M     <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  0815
Time out:  0830
People in line upon Departure:  1
Local Firearms Registered: 0

The traffic in the area was extra heavy due to the gas leak/repairs but it seems earlier the better; fight the early morning traffic or wait in the line.

It did help to have the majority of the paperwork ready and I had to complete the carbon permit form and medical marijuana form. I did the fingerprint but not the picture.

I may have seen you today. I was the only person in a camo uniform.  Was there around the same time and was out in 15 min. When I left had a few in the office and in line.  Officers were pretty quick today.  Mahalos

sgd

« Reply #2314 on: December 07, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
Took over 1-hour today to apply for a handgun permit.
I gotta hand it to the bald officer, he is pleasant and professional.

All_rice

« Reply #2315 on: December 07, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Took over 1-hour today to apply for a handgun permit.
I gotta hand it to the bald officer, he is pleasant and professional.

What time did you go?

aieahound

« Reply #2316 on: December 09, 2015, 02:56:20 PM »
In today Wednesday at just before noon.

In and out in half hour registering a rifle.
Officers very helpful.  :thumbsup:

Rocky

« Reply #2317 on: December 11, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
In at 10:30
6 in line
Slooooow movement
4 behind me
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #2318 on: December 11, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »
Were next !
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

NoScade

« Reply #2319 on: December 11, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »
In at 10:30
6 in line
Slooooow movement
4 behind me

Yup very slow moving I waited a little over an hour to register a rifle  :wacko: