How's the line at HPD? (Read 967084 times)

Rocky

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #2320 on: December 11, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
Done !
Great service as usual !
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

rustyeleio

« Reply #2321 on: December 13, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »
Late report for Friday 12/11/15

Day:  F     <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  1300
Time out:  gave up, on lunch break
People in line upon Arrival;: 13+
People in line upon Departure:  15+
Permit Applications Submitted:  0, gave up
Permits Picked Up: 0
Local Firearms Registered: 0
Out of State Firearms Registered: 0

Was going to sell a rifle but the other guy was on lunch break so we agreed to try again later.  Was pretty bad.  I heard (but not confirmed) that HPD is now doing finger printing and photgraph with every permit.  Meaning once a year for long gun and every handgun.  Maybe help to explain the long lines?  Again, I did not confirm this story.  :-\

Heavies

« Reply #2322 on: December 13, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
 :o Wow  :o

If you are going to spend that kind of time down there, might as well have everything for application for CCW, and do that too....   :thumbsup:

stangzilla

« Reply #2323 on: December 14, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »
last friday had 10 people in line when it opened.
45 minutes to pick up permit
came back at around 1:00, 12 people in line
hour to hour and 45 minutes to register
had one officer outside the closed door that was very helpful, moved the line along quicker

GlockNewb

« Reply #2324 on: December 14, 2015, 10:17:14 AM »

Day:  M  <== M | T | W | TH | F
Time in:  0820
Time out:  0900
People in line upon Arrival: 4
People in line upon Departure:  6
Permit Applications Submitted:  0
Permits Picked Up: 0
Local Firearms Registered: 1
Out of State Firearms Registered: 0

My girlfriend registered her Henry today, officers were very helpful...no issues/hassles.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: December 15, 2015, 03:09:28 PM »
In line, picked up permit, out maybe 10 minutes max.  Kinda' wasted putting a dollar's worth of quarters in the meter but have to do it just in case.

Get gun, go back to HPD (sigh).  Check meter, sweet get time but drop one quarter in anyways.

In line, registered, out maybe 10 minutes max.

Went to their store bought a sandwich and DIY sushi rolls, my favorite spicy tuna :)
Sat on lawn in sun having lunch at my most favorite police station HQ in the world.

Life is good.
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

whynow?

« Reply #2326 on: December 17, 2015, 08:09:03 AM »
Went yesterday to pick up my long gun permit which took about 20-25 minutes with 5 in line before me.   3 in line when I left about 1000.
Standing in line I heard a guy at the window having some issue with the officers because they couldn't read the serial number on, I think  was a lower receiver (not sure since I was by the door).  The guy may have done the engraving.
This made me think about making sure to check legibility of any firearm especially used ones, since I want to get an older Marlin 336 in 30-30.

Rick

« Reply #2327 on: December 20, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
Went Friday 12/18/15 at 930am.  Spent 35 Minutes renewing permit to acquire.  Good fast service at window.

jc2721

« Reply #2328 on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:39 AM »
Got there at 7:00 am,  2nd in line.  After I filled out the paperwork, there were at least 12 guys in line.  Took 30 minutes to register my firearm.  The door was open all the time, had about 5 guys in the room, bumping into each other, sweeping (or being swept), not good.   Mondays and Fridays are the worst!

tpi001

« Reply #2329 on: December 21, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
Went to pick up my permit and arrived at 9:15ish, and there were over 10 people in line. After 10 minutes or so, luckily one of the officers came out and asked for permit pick ups, so I was out within 20 minutes.

Returned at 1:00ish, and the line was to the table/Christmas tree. I attempted to get an actual head count but the staggered line messed me up... but I know there was over 15 in front of me. Holy smokes!!! When I was at the door, they did come out and ask who was there for permit pickup and out of state registrations. By the time I left, I was there for 1 hour 15 minutes with approximately 10 still in line. Plus, they were registering a rifle right there in front of the ID window.

Just a thought, wouldn't it make sense to switch the ID and firearms windows? I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why it hasn't been done yet...

Q

« Reply #2330 on: December 21, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
Went to pick up my permit and arrived at 9:15ish, and there were over 10 people in line. After 10 minutes or so, luckily one of the officers came out and asked for permit pick ups, so I was out within 20 minutes.

Returned at 1:00ish, and the line was to the table/Christmas tree. I attempted to get an actual head count but the staggered line messed me up... but I know there was over 15 in front of me. Holy smokes!!! When I was at the door, they did come out and ask who was there for permit pickup and out of state registrations. By the time I left, I was there for 1 hour 15 minutes with approximately 10 still in line. Plus, they were registering a rifle right there in front of the ID window.

Just a thought, wouldn't it make sense to switch the ID and firearms windows? I'm pretty sure there is a good reason why it hasn't been done yet...

Wouldn't it make even more sense to allow registration at all major police departments?

Of course, which is why they don't implement it.

suka

« Reply #2331 on: December 21, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to eliminate registration period , such as what most of American State do.

It would save millions on the budget to throw away at the rail project.

mauidog

« Reply #2332 on: December 21, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to eliminate registration period , such as what most of American State do.

It would save millions on the budget to throw away at the rail project.

Not to mention the reduction in carbon emissions from all that carbon paper!! 

:geekdanc:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

whynow?

« Reply #2333 on: December 21, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Wouldn't it make even more sense to allow registration at all major police departments?

Of course, which is why they don't implement it.

The idea is "control".  Bureaucracy always likes to exercise control so the people don't get too uppity.

All_rice

« Reply #2334 on: December 22, 2015, 10:05:24 AM »
In line now and it doesnt seem to be moving.
8 in front of me. Dont know how much are in the room.
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

zhuzhits

« Reply #2335 on: December 22, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »
Got here at 1045, service speed is worse than the notorious DMV. 16 ppl in front of me. Currently 13 ppl. A lot of unhappy faces.

All_rice

« Reply #2336 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:01 AM »
Got here at 1045, service speed is worse than the notorious DMV. 16 ppl in front of me. Currently 13 ppl. A lot of unhappy faces.

Are you still there? I just got back. 9 in front of me. And 3 behind.

sgd

« Reply #2337 on: December 22, 2015, 12:07:25 PM »
Line was to the double doors this morning, took me well over an hour to register.
Line was still to the double doors when I left.

All_rice

« Reply #2338 on: December 22, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »
So today went pretty good. I was there a total of about 45 min to an hour. The line was long but moved. The officers were in a super holiday good mood also. 

So I went in the morning to pick up permit to acquire. Got the hand gun and returned to hpd.

zhuzhits

« Reply #2339 on: December 22, 2015, 12:57:03 PM »
One rifle registered, one hour wait time,. 1045ish-1150. Line was slow, then sped up shortly after 11. Three ofc. @ window.