alt Red Flag law - just take guns away and turn in for them (Read 4593 times)

ren

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:48:21 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

groveler

Re: alt Red Flag law - just take guns away and turn in for them
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
There is a rule here.
NEVER talk to the cops,
unless it is legally required.
POW's have more rights than you do.
Cops are not and are never your friends.
Full disclosure;  my BIL is a Federal cop.
She stole the guns, the guy is in jail,
you figure it out.
I think a canoe accident is in order.

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 01:33:05 PM »
If he's in jail, which he was, he cannot turn in his guns yet.  Even if their law required him to do so.

She could have called 911 and told them, but PD probably wouldn't have bashed his door in (we hope)

I do not know the details, but there is a right and wrong way of doing things.  I hope she gets charged for firearm theft and burglary.  Like how the guy in NY got charged for having an unregistered pistol that his father gave him years ago.  He used to to shoot 2 intruders in his home.

hvybarrels

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:26:57 PM »
"I have kids I so laws, logic and basic human decency do not apply to me"
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

2ahavvaii

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 08:11:01 AM »
Hawaii red flag law just signed by ige.

“It’s completely unconstitutional,” Gerwig said. “It completely violates the constitutional rights for due process — they’re just gone — because they can come and confiscate your property without any due process, zero due process.”

The new law allows the court to hold a hearing — without the gun owner present — where the judge can decide to temporarily confiscate the gun owner’s weapons, Gerwig said. The gun owner can then demand a hearing to determine whether the firearm seizure was warranted.

“In the meantime they have confiscated your property, stripped you of your rights, with no due process whatsoever,” he said.

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
Can someone post the link to the bill he signed?

mrgaf

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 08:25:19 PM »
It’s been signed....
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

zippz

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 08:33:14 PM »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 09:14:50 PM »
Mr. 10-head in the back

anyways, this is where the NRA, HRA, HIFICO or any other org, attorney should go on the offense and SUE the state for no due process in this law. IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:47:08 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

Bota-CS1

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »
Mr. 10-head in the back

anyways, this is where the NRA, HRA, HIFICO or any other org, attorney should go on the offense and SUE the state for no due process in this law. IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Harvey said the NRA was going to sue if Ige signed it 🤷🏻‍♂️. 
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

ren

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 06:30:12 PM »
they could draft so many other laws based on "Red Flags"
Think your neighbor has illegal fireworks? Just tell the cops and they get a warrant to raid the house.
A person about to drive drunk? Tell the court and they confiscate all their vehicles.
Deeds Not Words

2ahavvaii

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 12:55:17 AM »
they could draft so many other laws based on "Red Flags"
Think your neighbor has illegal fireworks? Just tell the cops and they get a warrant to raid the house.
A person about to drive drunk? Tell the court and they confiscate all their vehicles.

I saw my neighbor yelling at her kid and felt he was at danger.  The courts should have a hearing and take him away from her without due process

my other neighbor drinks a 12 pack beer in his garage every day, i think he's a risk.  lets take away his car, motorcycle, and his bicycle

I walked past a guy on the street that looked at me kinda funny, cops should strip him down and take anything that could be used as a weapon

punaperson

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 06:42:59 AM »
I heard someone say she opposed some laws and policies of the government and spoke disparagingly of one of our high official comrades. He should be re-located to a gulag.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
Not sure how the cops arrested her. She went into her husbands house, something that would normally be considered community property. Depends on the local laws over there and their current status of course.

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 09:42:27 AM »
Not sure how the cops arrested her. She went into her husbands house, something that would normally be considered community property. Depends on the local laws over there and their current status of course.

I think they arrested her at the station when she was there to turn in the guns.  While she was there is when she admitted to breaking into his house and stealing the guns.  All while he was sitting in jail.

ren

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »

"According to police, Irby admitted to entering her husband’s apartment without permission and taking the guns over fears he “wasn’t going to turn them in” himself.
But the officer that spoke to Irby reportedly responded: “So, are you telling me you committed an armed burglary?”
Police then contacted Irby’s husband, who was being held at the Polk County Jail for the previous day’s incident, and he informed officers that he wanted to file charges against his wife, according to WKMG.
"

says so in the article
Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »
I think they arrested her at the station when she was there to turn in the guns.  While she was there is when she admitted to breaking into his house and stealing the guns.  All while he was sitting in jail.

Usually cops need a complainant to arrest someone. They could certainly detain her for a reasonable amount of time while they tried to locate a complainant.  But in this case it is odd because they are married. If your wife broke property of yours, cops here will tell you it is a civil matter because of joint property. Thats why I am surprised they would arrest her instead of documenting it and referring it to a detective to handle later.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 09:15:28 PM »
"According to police, Irby admitted to entering her husband’s apartment without permission and taking the guns over fears he “wasn’t going to turn them in” himself.
But the officer that spoke to Irby reportedly responded: “So, are you telling me you committed an armed burglary?”
Police then contacted Irby’s husband, who was being held at the Polk County Jail for the previous day’s incident, and he informed officers that he wanted to file charges against his wife, according to WKMG.
"

says so in the article

Yes, I read that part. Again, need more information about the local laws there. They might not be a joint property state.

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 09:18:54 PM »
Usually cops need a complainant to arrest someone. They could certainly detain her for a reasonable amount of time while they tried to locate a complainant.  But in this case it is odd because they are married. If your wife broke property of yours, cops here will tell you it is a civil matter because of joint property. Thats why I am surprised they would arrest her instead of documenting it and referring it to a detective to handle later.
Idk about that here since all guns are registered. So unless its joint on the reg at hpd, it should be theft. But even without reg, she said theyre "his" guns and not "our guns".

I was advised when adding the wife on the pistols if "im sure i wanna do that". Because if we split, theyre half hers.

I dont remember the article, but it sounded like they didnt live together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk