Glock 19 gen 4 front sight replacement (Read 8094 times)

jase90

Re: Glock 19 gen 4 front sight replacement
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 11:05:45 AM »
Been contemplating the switch over to the Straight 8's. Have one with them already and others are 3 dots. Thinking of changing all over as 2 dots are easier to line up than 3. At  least thats the principle. What are your thoughts so far?

2 dots are like I mentioned less distracting when I'm looking for equal height and equal light during the day.

In low light, the picture I have doesn't do the sights justice but I literally is just make the most symmetrical "8" as I can. When I turn on a room light or a flashlight it is pretty much dead on with equal light equal height, pretty awesome. I like the Warren sights better than the XS F8 and Ameriglo iDot because the rear dot is Amber and the front is Green. Also the front sight blade is thinner so I get a better picture when shooting far.

For me it's just a preference. If I had to choose between 2 dot and 3 dot, I would pick a 2 dot every time now because I understand how they work. Glad I gave them a shot. Now I'm spoiled lol.

robtmc

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 10:41:25 AM »
Depends what he wants. Plain, fiber optic, tritium, etc. super easy to replace front sight.

I would replace rear with the selected front. Rear is harder to replace, but not by much. Just need some nylon or softer punches. I have the Glock sight tool and can replace and adjust for him if needed.
He should take you up on the offer.  Too easy to mess things up, and on a new gun....  :-[

That front sight bolt takes care with the right socket.  Lucky i read about it ahead of time.

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2019, 11:29:23 AM »
Stang - Let me know if your buddy can make it out to the revolver shoot Sun.  I can bring my Glock sight tools.