"SIG 516" (Read 5845 times)

BananaClip

"SIG 516"
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:25:54 PM »
Does anyone know if the SIG516's buffer tube is Mil Spec? Is there a way to check? I wanna purchase another stock and wasn't sure.. Sorry, not really an AR guy... It's for the wife.. ;)
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: "SIG 516"
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:30:16 AM »
I don't know whether the SIG 516 is mil-spec or commercial but here's what I could find.

Basically the easiest way is to check the threads.

That reminds me though, I need to buy a mil-spec buffer tube. Dang differences.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Kingkeoni

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:34:40 AM »
SIG SAUER Customer Service Department:
Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

vooduchikn

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
I am going with MILSPEC for $1000 Alex.
Relax, I've banned myself..

BananaClip

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
HAHAHA Thanks 2aHawaii! I was looking at Calguns forum last night and seen that... ;) Thanks for the advice, thats one I totally forgot about Keoni.. :shaka: You know what Chuck, Alex owes you $1000 :thumbsup:

hdu

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
Yes it is. I have a sig 516 and I just change the moe stock out for a ctr.

BananaClip

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 11:14:07 PM »
Eh howzit, HDU! Yeah I just recently found out that I have to get a Phase 5 Tactical Bolt release lever or more commonly know as the "BAD LEVER" from Magpul.. I was trying to fabricate one cause I kinda knew that the Magpul version wouldn't fit due to the Ambi Mag release well... Now I gotta dish out $50 for the Phase 5 Tactical one... My "Fabricated" one went right in the trash... I should've took a pic before I threw it away...  :-\

hdu

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
Hey, I tried the Bad Lever on mys and it doesn't work. The problem is the raised edge by the ambi-mag release will interfere with the bad lever causing the bolt not to lock.  I'm planing on getting the phase 5