Deedy Trial - Injustice? (Read 234399 times)

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Deedy Trial - Injustice?
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
That's another Agent if I recall.

There's the fight that brought it on then.   I wish Deedy didn't pull his firearm then we'd be joking about these 2 keystone cops getting beat up.  I just don't see a life or death struggle like Zimmerman had. 
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

pj_benn

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2013, 02:38:59 AM »
I'm talking about the civilian sector son.

I know where I've been and what I've done.
Oh my bad I thought 'human nature' referred to all humans not just civilian humans lol.

It was just a joke braddah

Funtimes

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »
What did you do to piss him off like that and how did you react ?

I'm seriously curious and, less seriously, Why didn't he just pull you over and detain you for 48 hours and put a catheter in you ?

you're lucky you weren't shot. 

Are we straying off topic ?  :stopjack:
It was at a DUI Checkpoint.

What lead to this was I had rolled my window down 1" and did absolutely nothing (and I mean, nothing... no talking, no moving, nothing.  I just sat back with registration etc. in hand and rest my head lol). .  I let him know when he was done wasting time trying to talk to me, I will give him my license and registration. I didn't react (Other then immediately dialing an attorney friend) and getting the iphone on record.

Hawaii doesn't have as much of a watered down 4th amendment as other states (it's actually quite strong), so he needs to be able to articulate the reason for asking me out of the vehicle.  In other states, 'officer safety' is the reason to get you out of the car. 

surfmaster

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
Here's a Hawaii News Now article with an analysis by an agent who was involved in three shootings:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22830885/former-federal-agent-analyzes-deedy-video

Jl808

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »
Good commentary by Agent Aiu. Thanks for posting the link, surfmaster.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

walangkatapat

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
Bottom line is he shouldn't have got involved,  and by the other agent telling him about that whole locals don't like haoles he left that conversation already prejudice. 

Kingkeoni

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
Bottom line is he shouldn't have got involved,  and by the other agent telling him about that whole locals don't like haoles he left that conversation already prejudice.

Hopefully the jury is more objective than this.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

walangkatapat

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
Hahaha yea

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:54 PM »
"Man, I don't even have an opinion!"

-- Marvin's last words

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

aieahound

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
Moosed,

Your back !

Of course you have an opinion.
Apparently I, or someone here, offended you. ( since you deleted all your posts in this thread )

Don't take your ball and go home. Opinions are what make this forum go around.   :shaka:

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »
Moosed,

Your back !

Of course you have an opinion.
Apparently I, or someone here, offended you. ( since you deleted all your posts in this thread )

Don't take your ball and go home. Opinions are what make this forum go around.   :shaka:

Reading others' comments to and about me, it would appear my communication style comes off as "arrogant and snobbish".  I decided it's better to not waste everyone's time being the lightning rod for a couple of members who think personal attacks and piling on are okay here..

Thanks for the invite, but I have better things in my life going on than getting sucked into a mud slinging contest.

It only takes a couple of bad apples to ruin the day for everyone else.  Better that I just sit quietly and prevent the off-topic personal insults.

Mahalo!   :shaka:
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

Q

>:D
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:48:14 PM by Q »

walangkatapat

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
Aye sus ... the only problem I personally don't like about this is he was warned by his colleague and imo as a professional in what he does he should've think twice about the situation. He left his hotel knowingly about how "some" locals can be so he was already looking for a "fuck haole" alternation.  It's like any place you go in the USA you'll hear people warn you about going to certain places in certain states. What was he expecting that wee hours in the morning, as law enformance he know what he was getting his self into  alot of us been to Vegas,  LA, NY etc there or in Hawaii it's the same thing people out at that time are either drunk , partying or trying to get some pussy. In deedys case he was trying to get some pussy and wanted to play hero n look good. Even superman put away his cape sometimes, I'm not saying deedy was right or wrong but as a professional he knew the consequences of being out that late and he even was warned. 

ren

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Aye sus ... the only problem I personally don't like about this is he was warned by his colleague and imo as a professional in what he does he should've think twice about the situation. He left his hotel knowingly about how "some" locals can be so he was already looking for a "fuck haole" alternation.  It's like any place you go in the USA you'll hear people warn you about going to certain places in certain states. What was he expecting that wee hours in the morning, as law enformance he know what he was getting his self into  alot of us been to Vegas,  LA, NY etc there or in Hawaii it's the same thing people out at that time are either drunk , partying or trying to get some pussy. In deedys case he was trying to get some pussy and wanted to play hero n look good. Even superman put away his cape sometimes, I'm not saying deedy was right or wrong but as a professional he knew the consequences of being out that late and he even was warned.

:wacko: :wtf:
Deeds Not Words

walangkatapat

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »
:wacko: :wtf:

That's my opinion bakla hhahaha everybody like be critics of every post hahahahaha

Q

« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:42:04 PM by Q »

ren

« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
That's my opinion bakla hhahaha everybody like be critics of every post hahahahaha

No need for names around here troll.
Deeds Not Words

HUCKLEBUCK

« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »

I am speaking as both a 'local' and someone who has been overseas when I say that there is an obvious ego problem here in Hawaii. I never really 'fit in' with my peers, which is why I never really adopted that attitude of 'what bra, like beef?!' just to prove a point, or establish dominance over another individual. I'm happy I did, because there were numerous occasions, while on the mainland and overseas, where that kind of attitude could have resulted in me being killed.

The problem here is that because many people who have never experienced life, specifically violence, outside of Hawaii, they will never expect how people may defend themselves, nor will they ever understand why individuals may escalate to higher levels of force to do so; i.e. presentation/application of deadly force. There is a predisposed mentality that  beat someone up and that's that. But speaking from experience, its really not like that anywhere else in the country. Sure, you have fights and what not; but from my experiences, I have learned to expect the worst possible outcome, which is why I always opt to deescalate a situation and be the bigger man at the expense of my pride, unless my life or the lives of my loved ones are on the line.

I can tell you that working as an MP, I was extremely confident with my deescalation techniques and only had to escalate to higher levels of force on a few occasions because of my approach and attitude when dealing with perps or persons of interest. However, I can also tell you that my partner, a 5'1, 115# woman, had to escalate to presentation of deadly force on several occasions, in the same type of scenarios, because many of the individuals she interacted with thought they could intimidate/overpower her because of her size, and she honestly felt she was in danger.

Case in point : Ego/pride + underestimating how someone (who honestly fears for their life) will react = recipe for disaster.

I honestly feel that Elderts, regardless of if he or Deedy was wrong, should have deescalated or avoided the situation. But from my experience amongst my peers, deescalation is definitely not something encouraged within our local society.
Finally.....beautifully said!
I can't tell you how many times I've thought to my self, "man, if he did that where I come from he'd get killed".  The whole 'save face' or 'don't let someone make you look like a punk' culture is what causes virtually all black-on-black murder in ghettos in the mainland, and the 'what brah, like beef?' MO in Hawaii is the local analogue.  That's what got Elderts killed - and I'm not drawing any conclusions about Deedy's guilt or innocence - I'm just sayin..... 

HUCKLEBUCK

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »

.....BTW, might want to tone down the language.  No need for obscene words to prove your point. :shaka:
Q.....two things:
1) is it against forum rules to use obscenities when they are not directed towards a user?  I mean everybody writes "f'ing haole" and its ok; but in a context, if someone writes "fucking haole", that's offensive?  I'm politely asking seriously; I'm not being a wise guy here.

Secondly, in a similar vein, if someone is just expressing themselves with obscenities but not towards anyone - just to convey emotion - is that a violation of forum rules?  Again, I ask cause I feel that if someone is not being abusive - if the language is either a quote or a tool to convey emotion - then isn't it protected forum speech?
:shaka:

Q

« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:43:51 PM by Q »