Remington ammo back in action (Read 396 times)

zippz

Remington ammo back in action
« on: April 12, 2021, 07:32:51 AM »
Looks like Remington has finally ramped up their ammo production to help fill the shortage after their plants were idled due to its bankruptcy.  I think ammo prices has plateaued with more production capacity online and covid winding down. Should have better supply in the stores but prices will remain elevated for a while.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/4/12/big-green-is-back-remington-ammo-plant-working-247
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Remington ammo back in action
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:52 AM »
Looks like Remington has finally ramped up their ammo production to help fill the shortage after their plants were idled due to its bankruptcy.  I think ammo prices has plateaued with more production capacity online and covid winding down. Should have better supply in the stores but prices will remain elevated for a while.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/4/12/big-green-is-back-remington-ammo-plant-working-247

That might not be the case depending on Resident Biden's gun control actions. If he manages to tax ammo or ban online sales, it'll get worse as gun owners race to stock up even more.

JMHO
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 06:29:35 AM »
I also believe joe biden's gun control efforts is the driving force why people are stocking up on ammo, hence contributing to the ammo shortage.

biden's leadership is causing anxiety, insecurity, and confusion amongst the American people.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
I like MrGunsngears advice from a couple months back. Buy spare parts now, and ammo will come down soon. For a while. Before it goes to the moon.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 01:37:50 AM »
Is it just my cynicism, or does it seem like Remington is only ramping up ammo production AFTER their across-the-board price increases took affect this month?

Effective 4/1/2021 Federal, Remington, CCI, and SPEER ammunition will take a
price increase of 3-15% across all products from our last price list.

Is it remotely possible they held off on starting the 24/7 ammo production until after 4/1?  I mean, they did .... so ....  was it all part of "the plan"?
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.