HPD Walk Ins for Registration (Read 17138 times)

omnigun

Re: HPD Walk Ins for Registration
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
Yeah, because you need an IP address, name, and home address to pick up a slip.

You don't know much about IT, apparently.

So a face, voice, name, phone number.  All things currently required does nothing?  And an ID card would 100% rule out everything....

Come on you were in IT, you know how reliable IP addresses are  :geekdanc:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2021, 02:47:14 PM »
So a face, voice, name, phone number.  All things currently required does nothing?  And an ID card would 100% rule out everything....

Come on you were in IT, you know how reliable IP addresses are  :geekdanc:

Nothing you said holds any bearing on the facts.

Face?  Are they taking photos for each timeslot?  Photo-copying picture IDs?  How are they supposed to remember 50 people each day over weeks and months?

They would have to require PII for each walk-in.  With all that effort to hand out and weed out walk-ins, they might as well perform the application process for each person in line.

You really are this uneducated.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:12 PM »
Nothing you said holds any bearing on the facts.

Face?  Are they taking photos for each timeslot?  Photo-copying picture IDs?  How are they supposed to remember 50 people each day over weeks and months?

They would have to require PII for each walk-in.  With all that effort to hand out and weed out walk-ins, they might as well perform the application process for each person in line.

You really are this uneducated.

I know this is a bit hard to fathom for you but if someone came every single day for a week I would remember them  :shaka:

aletheuo137

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »
Sonny and Cher: The beat goes on (HQ Version)

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »
Sonny and Cher: The beat goes on (HQ Version)

Ignores all the words people post just so he can argue.

Trolling along ...
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2021, 05:06:11 PM »
If HPD could identify people ONLINE who were scalping and "disrupting", they sure can do it offline.  They have the ability to ban people...or limit the appointments of those "disruptors".  Even if somehow these people potentially existed, a simple ID requirement would quash it without effort.

please show me where HPD was identifying ONLINE the people who were scalping and "disrupting"

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2021, 05:12:07 PM »
please show me where HPD was identifying ONLINE the people who were scalping and "disrupting"

"a simple ID requirement would quash it without effort."

ID to vote is voter suppression.

ID to book an appointment to exercise your Constitutional 2A rights:  necessary stop fraud.

No parallels at all, huh?
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

I talked to hpd when I went down and heard it.  So no solid evidence.  Though they did stop the online appointments because of it apparently.

omnigun

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2021, 07:27:37 PM »
"a simple ID requirement would quash it without effort."

ID to vote is voter suppression.

ID to book an appointment to exercise your Constitutional 2A rights:  necessary stop fraud.

No parallels at all, huh?

I support ID in person and no ID for mail because that's already verified.   I don't think ID is nessasary for appointments 😕 but since you insisted that people be disrupting that's an option.  Obviously not needed.   But for a hardass like you I suggested it.   The lady at the counter recognized me after 2 times.  So obviously if the same person showed up every day they would be found out quick.  Also an ID is required to register while technically not needed after you vote.

macsak

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2021, 07:31:30 PM »
I talked to hpd when I went down and heard it.  So no solid evidence.  Though they did stop the online appointments because of it apparently.

so "they say" then
why state it as a fact, then?

and that's not the reason they stopped the online appointments, if it was, they would've stopped the PTA appointments too

omnigun

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
so "they say" then

and that's not the reason they stopped the online appointments, if it was, they would've stopped the PTA appointments too

I can only go off of what I know and that's what they said.  They had issues with people selling appointments.  So unless they say other wise it's a fact to me. 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2021, 07:41:42 PM »
If they were trying to stop people from selling appointments they would have stopped PTA appointments.

But they didn't.

In my opinion they are doing their darndest to obstruct people trying to acquire a firearm.  They are making it difficult for people to exercise their 2a rights.

And they are perfectly fine by that.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2021, 07:45:57 PM »
I support ID in person and no ID for mail because that's already verified.   I don't think ID is nessasary for appointments 😕 but since you insisted that people be disrupting that's an option.  Obviously not needed.   But for a hardass like you I suggested it.   The lady at the counter recognized me after 2 times.  So obviously if the same person showed up every day they would be found out quick.  Also an ID is required to register while technically not needed after you vote.

who gives a shit what you support - this is a 2a community of interest
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2021, 08:00:33 PM »
I can only go off of what I know and that's what they said.  They had issues with people selling appointments.  So unless they say other wise it's a fact to me.

"selling appointments" is different than what you said before...

changemyoil66

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »
so "they say" then

"They" also say once a lower is completed, 1 must bring back the completed firearm.

Glad "they" are never wrong.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

omnigun

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2021, 08:23:23 PM »
"selling appointments" is different than what you said before...

What is scalping

macsak

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »
What is scalping

true, but you said "disrupters" many many times throughout this thread, including the post where you said "scalpers" one time...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
What is scalping

Selling appointments = people with no intention of using them trying to make money from a FREE SERVICE offered at tax payer expense.

Scalping = SEE ABOVE

Disrupting = people with no intention of using them trying to stop others with a legitimate need for appointments from using a FREE SERVICE offered at tax payer expense.

All have the same end result, while intentions may vary.  If nobody buys the scalped appointments, they go to waste.  No different than the ones disrupters book and never use.

Why can't you figure these simple things out for yourself?  (Rhetorical question.  We all know the answer:   :wacko:)
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:28 PM »
true, but you said "disrupters" many many times throughout this thread, including the post where you said "scalpers" one time...

I guess I should have been more specific my bad.  When I spoke to HPD it was mostly about scalpers though they did mention no shows. 

stangzilla

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2021, 06:50:25 AM »
Another problem is you can line up at 0700 but can't legally park in the parking lot until 0745. Street parking starts at 0830
Although people park in the lot before 0745 but might get a ticket
Either way we're screwed