Bank of America warns of HYPERINFLATION 'at the very least'-Economy Update Part1 (Read 3150 times)

macsak

macsak

macsak

hvybarrels

I updated my surfboards and got them glassed in epoxy so they will last a few years. Mrs Barrels was concerned about me spending so much money but I told her they are never going to be cheaper than they are right now.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

The fed and the world banks will keep everything under control.   Mild inflation is better than the economy not bouncing back. 

macsak

The fed and the world banks will keep everything under control.   Mild inflation is better than the economy not bouncing back.

hey economist at heart, you left out "in my opinion"...

groveler

I think I have mentioned this before, I'm one of those "prepper" guys.
I don't do PMs but I do everything else.  I don't have a "bug-out bag"
as I've already "bugged out" to rural Hawaii.
The one thing I would recommend is get to be debt free and have your own land,
Fee Simple.
Fee Simple Absolute is best but I don't think is possible in Hawaii just yet.
Too many Kuleana's on the islands to allow that to happen.
While the monetary system is out of your control,  acreage that you own,
is under your control.
 :thumbsup:

omnigun

hey economist at heart, you left out "in my opinion"...

Not really an opinion.  Its based in fact.  Even the fed and others have said the same. 

macsak

Not really an opinion.  Its based in fact.  Even the fed and others have said the same.

costco premium gas at the beginning of the year- less than $3 a gallon
now just under $4 a gallon
i fail to see that as "mild inflation"
look at lumber and other building materials too...

Kuleana

Hey Mac,

You know this guy is a fanatical zealot, of the FED and banking cartels, of the Power Okole, right?

If and when all of his US toilet dollar denominated assets reach absolute zero, he and his fellow disciples, of private central banking, will still be singing their praises and beg those money printers to save them, with even more debt.

hvybarrels

Just wait until the food inflation brings back violent crime and riots that make last summer look like normal. Commerce collapses along with the tax base, public services get suspended and are replaced with more authoritarian repression, and the REAL violent insurrections start. They will be tempted to start another war to distract us by having us fixated on an external enemy. Oceania vs Eastasia, etc

Taxation is theft, and inflation is hidden taxation. It does not matter to the people who can print and loan themselves as much money as they like until national default, but for the majority of the population living on the edge it is a death sentence
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

Those can be explained with supply and demand.  Not inflation....in the beginning of the year obviously less people were driving than now...Plenty of natural disaster and other reasons including construction boom explains the building materials.

macsak

Those can be explained with supply and demand.  Not inflation....in the beginning of the year obviously less people were driving than now...Plenty of natural disaster and other reasons including construction boom explains the building materials.

doesn't matter the explanation, it's still inflation...

please explain to me how $19 trillion dollars created in less than 5 months will cause easily controllable mild inflation...

macsak

Hey Mac,

You know this guy is a fanatical zealot, of the FED and banking cartels, of the Power Okole, right?

If and when all of his US toilet dollar denominated assets reach absolute zero, he and his fellow disciples, of private central banking, will still be singing their praises and beg those money printers to save them, with even more debt.

of course i know this...

omnigun

doesn't matter the explanation, it's still inflation...

please explain to me how $19 trillion dollars created in less than 5 months will cause easily controllable mild inflation...

Then any price increase for any reason is inflation with that logic...the ps5 was a case of inflation than deflation  :crazy:

It all depends on how its spent etc.  I am not an economic major,  I trust those who are.  And the world bank, and the Fed has many very smart experts that know far more than me on the matter. 

changemyoil66

A somewhat related topic, JP Morgan announced they will get into the bitcoin trading market this summer. Prior to,  they put out a memo that any employee trader trading bitcoin would be fired.

So would crypto be hyperinflation proof or not impacted as much?  You can buy a Tesla with bitcoin and Elon owns about 8% when he bought a bunch back in Feb 2021.

hvybarrels

What do you call an Economist who's lips are moving?

Wrong  ::)

Kuleana

A somewhat related topic, JP Morgan announced they will get into the bitcoin trading market this summer. Prior to,  they put out a memo that any employee trader trading bitcoin would be fired.

So would crypto be hyperinflation proof or not impacted as much?  You can buy a Tesla with bitcoin and Elon owns about 8% when he bought a bunch back in Feb 2021.
This is all bad news for everyone living on this planet.

The collapse of the US dollar will disrupt the global economy, but those tied into the US imperial financial system will be hardest hit.  I would not be surprised that many, of the US empire's vassal states, are right now beginning to diversify their US treasuries and similar financial derivative holdings to currencies farthest away and least convertible to US toilet paper.

In any event, the break-up and Balkanization, of the US empire, is much closer than most Americans think.  Let the World pray China, Russia, and all the other nations that are not a willing player of the US imperial financial system, refrain the military goading, of their nations, into a zero-sum delusional war, with the socially and financially bankrupt US empire.

Flapp_Jackson

Inflation is primarily a cause-and-effect process.  Cost of raw materials and commodities, like food, fuel and oil, often drive up the cost of all goods and many services.  If transportation costs to get raw materials to a factory and transportation costs to get finished goods to market/consumers increase long term, then those costs are passed on to buyers (distributors, wholesalers, retailers, and consumers).  In the final analysis, the consumer pays the increase for everyone in that chain.

When the cost of goods go up, the value of money goes down.  In order to continue to afford a given lifestyle, wages have to also increase.  If that happens across the majority of sectors, then the employers' costs for labor must be passed on to customers.  Cost of goods and services rise, wages rise to afford them, wage-payers increase their prices, and the circle continues -- until prices stabilize.

During the 70s, when prices in most stores were marked on price tags stuck on the items, the rising cost of gasoline caused prices to increase so rapidly, it was not unusual to find a canned food item with 5+ price tags on top of each other.  Each price tag from bottom up was an increase.  The same can of beans that cost $0.60 on Monday might be selling for $0.90 by Friday.  A 50% price increase is kind of a big deal when you're also paying sky high prices for everything else, including fuel IF YOU COULD FIND IT.

Unless and until cyber currency becomes the currency for wages, services and goods in the majority of markets, inflation won't directly impact its value.  However, as the value of the dollar declines, people with money to invest will likely choose to no longer invest in companies unable to raise their prices enough to offset increases in cost.  They may choose to buy crypto, in which case the price of crypto will increase due to higher demand.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:13:03 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

Traitor joe  >:D