Legal Taser/ Stun Gun passing 2022 (Read 16172 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Legal Taser/ Stun Gun passing 2022
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2021, 05:30:52 PM »
So some article on a webpage is definition of legal advice and restrictions eh...
   :geekdanc: :geekdanc: :geekdanc:

This, from the King of Google!  LOL!!
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2021, 05:37:07 PM »
If you knew anything at all about tasers, you'd know the max voltage rating is irrelevant.  That is the voltage the device has available to start the electrical arc.  Once it's initiated, the device only delivers around 1,200 volts in a pulsating pattern using the energy created in the arc.

Amps are more important when it comes  to effectiveness.  The high voltage arc ensures the device can deliver the charge through a minimum of 2" of clothing.

If you knew anything about the stuff you argue against, maybe it wouldn't be so frustrating.  As with this topic, you just want to argue -- and you don't really care if you're right or wrong.

-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »
What's the national standard for magazine capacities?  None?  Then how do manufacturers know what the "standard" capacity is for their firearms?

#Dumbass

Good point.   The manufacturers decide what standard capacity is.   The government has strict rules in some states that say how many rounds to have.    It's not vague. 

omnigun

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2021, 08:23:20 AM »
*edit dup post

changemyoil66

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2021, 09:05:06 AM »
Good point.   The manufacturers decide what standard capacity is.   The government has strict rules in some states that say how many rounds to have.    It's not vague.

The government has laws about how many rounds a mag can have, not rules.  Unless you're referring to a government owned property that has a different round limit which differs from what the law states. But this point would be way off topic.  So I'm going to lean toward that you meant laws and not rules.

Laws doesn't equal what a standard capacity is.  Example: Standard capacity for an AR mag is 30rds.  CA law states 10rds unless grandfathered in.  Many AR mag companies use 30 rds as the standard.  Are there higher cap AR mags, why of course.  But it isn't the industry standard.

The convo could have ended, but you decided to add in the 2nd and 3rd sentence.  Omni-tactics

changemyoil66

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2021, 09:19:05 AM »
The government has laws about how many rounds a mag can have, not rules.  Unless you're referring to a government owned property that has a different round limit which differs from what the law states. But this point would be way off topic.  So I'm going to lean toward that you meant laws and not rules.

Laws doesn't equal what a standard capacity is.  Example: Standard capacity for an AR mag is 30rds.  CA law states 10rds unless grandfathered in.  Many AR mag companies use 30 rds as the standard.  Are there higher cap AR mags, why of course.  But it isn't the industry standard.

The convo could have ended, but you decided to add in the 2nd and 3rd sentence.  Omni-tactics

There is no need to reply to this post. So we can get back on topic if there are any further EG questions.

ren

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2021, 10:44:41 PM »
The big question is will Paypal accept transactions that involve EGs? They don't allow firearms and parts in general.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal-Archive/Firearm-policy/td-p/105446
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2021, 10:47:51 PM »
And where can we practice EG marksmanship? Do we need to go all the way to Kokohead? I'd be concerned with those EG owners who have never handled or fired an EG before because Kokohead is pretty far...they could hurt themselves or someone else! :o
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2021, 10:54:02 PM »
The big question is will Paypal accept transactions that involve EGs? They don't allow firearms and parts in general.

Not sure what this includes (other than knives), but PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy says:

Prohibited Activities:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

2.  relate to transactions involving

(k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

What's the "applicable law?"  And what does "regulated" entail?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

EDIT:

I just went to the Taser site and added an item to my cart.  The only payment options were charge cards and a service that allows payment over time.  No PayPal option.

While offering PayPal is a decision the company makes, I'd think a company like this would want to use PayPal if they could.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:06:50 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2021, 11:04:20 PM »
Not sure what this includes (other than knives), but PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy says:

so Paypal prohibits all transactions involving firearms...how can that be ???
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2021, 07:40:46 AM »
And where can we practice EG marksmanship? Do we need to go all the way to Kokohead? I'd be concerned with those EG owners who have never handled or fired an EG before because Kokohead is pretty far...they could hurt themselves or someone else! :o
Like my dumbass former son-in-law (he since died, RIP) who wanted to try out this stun gun he ordered. He tried to shock a toad in the rain and ended up shocking himself too.  Funny as hell to see him zap the toad and himself at the same time and see the stun gun go flying in the air when he got shocked. ;D

changemyoil66

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2021, 08:50:24 AM »

You could probably do that inside your home with cardboard.  As long as you aren't hitting a person, then you're not breaking the EG portion of usage law.  Remember, tasing/stunning someone for training purposes is not legal.  But for a taser, I can see this getting expensive due to the cost of the probe refills.

changemyoil66

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2021, 08:51:04 AM »

EDIT:

I just went to the Taser site and added an item to my cart.  The only payment options were charge cards and a service that allows payment over time.  No PayPal option.

While offering PayPal is a decision the company makes, I'd think a company like this would want to use PayPal if they could.

So PP conciders a EG a "weapon", even though someone else doesnt?

macsak

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2021, 09:05:51 AM »
So PP conciders a EG a "weapon", even though someone else doesnt?

someone else doesn't understand paypal's policies as a whole...

omnigun

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2021, 10:57:06 AM »
Private companies are free to interpret/many rules on any words and any meaning as long as it doesn't conflict with laws.   Its also up to them to decide how to enforce and what penalties there are for breaking rules.  Comon boys.  Its not hard.

macsak

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2021, 11:13:02 AM »
Private companies are free to interpret/many rules on any words and any meaning as long as it doesn't conflict with laws.   Its also up to them to decide how to enforce and what penalties there are for breaking rules.  Comon boys.  Its not hard.

i bet you hear that a lot...

changemyoil66

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »

Swwwwooooooosshhhhhhh.  I should start a windturbine business and set up a small one above omni's head as to catch all the swooshing.  I would be able to afford that 4th F15.

changemyoil66

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2021, 11:52:17 AM »
i bet you hear that a lot...

To be fair, "come on boys, it's not hard" is a good thing.  As to he's speaking to other guys and not erect. So g2g.  But even if he was, I would not judge.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2021, 01:39:18 PM »
Stun Guns are not the same as Tasers...

A Very Clear Reminder That Stun Guns Are Not Good For Self Defense

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2021, 01:44:43 PM »
Now, the the VERY EFFECTIVE Taser ....