Can't post my listing in classifieds, been trying for 2 days now. SOLVED. (Read 372 times)

royalclam808

Every time I try to post a listing for my gun case in the proper classifieds section, the listing won't go through at all. It'll load for either literally the entire day, or say the server isn't responding. I see a lot of other people able to list their stuff though.

I don't have a VPN or anything like that. Just really confused. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and what they did to fix this issue.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:48:51 PM by royalclam808 »

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Can't post my listing in classifieds, been trying for 2 days now.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 10:48:40 AM »
Maybe provide some more details.

What browser are you using, or are you using TapaTalk?  I've seen it reported that TapaTalk fails sometimes posting when using a browser works fine.

Are you including images?  If so, how many and what size?  Have you tried just creating the ad without pics?  You can go back and modify the listing once it's saved.  images are better linked than uploaded.  I use IMGUR.com, upload my pics there, then embed the links to them in my posts.  Works great, and the images are displayed full-size whereas uploaded images show thumbnails which have to be clicked on to really see.

Since you were able to post this comment, it looks like things are mostly working for you.

Maybe try again, and take a screenshot just before hitting the Post button.  Upload that screenshot here, and maybe someone will see something that's interfering?

I'm not a moderator -- and I don't wish to be.  Hopefully someone with the hammer can help.

Good luck.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

royalclam808

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 12:48:08 PM »
Hey there. I'm using Google Chrome. I tried to post the listing without attaching the images like you suggested and it uploaded no problem. I tried to upload the 3 images after the fact, and the page started freezing again. They are all 5.80 MB on a JPG file. Seems to be too big ig. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll either try to make them smaller or just send pics via texts if anyone is interested.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 12:56:50 PM »
Hey there. I'm using Google Chrome. I tried to post the listing without attaching the images like you suggested and it uploaded no problem. I tried to upload the 3 images after the fact, and the page started freezing again. They are all 5.80 MB on a JPG file. Seems to be too big ig. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll either try to make them smaller or just send pics via texts if anyone is interested.

Glad you made progress.

When I clicked on your ad, i got a 500 error.  So the stuck image upload seems to have messed it up.

If you can delete the ad, try deleting and recreating it without doing the images again, unless you've significantly reduced their sizes.  I think anything less than 500KB is reasonable.

Or, create a new ad and ask the mods to delete the old one.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

I see you beat me to the punch by making another post.   :thumbsup:

To contact the mods, you can try sending a PM (Private msg) to them directly.

To find the moderators, go to the Members menu at the very top border, then select Search For Members.

In the Search form, enter "moderator" in the Search For box, and uncheck all the checkboxes except Search by Position.  All the results should have the position "Global Moderator."

Yeah, it should be easier, but it is what it is.
-- Melvin Udall

royalclam808

Right on. Thank you so much for helping a noob like me!