what can biden do to the 2A and guns with EO (Read 6978 times)

omnigun

Re: what can biden do to the 2A and guns with EO
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 08:52:46 AM »
Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact?

Both. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 08:56:10 AM »
Politicians are representatives OF THE PEOPLE!  Yes, their dealings on public policy or anything that affects WE THE PEOPLE are our business.  People shouldn't need to be reminded of that. 

Sigh. . .

Politicians are representatives OF THE PEOPLE WHO ALSO BELIEVE IN THEIR SAME AGENDA.  There fixed it.

omnigun

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 08:56:21 AM »
Politicians are representatives OF THE PEOPLE!  Yes, their dealings on public policy or anything that affects WE THE PEOPLE are our business.  People shouldn't need to be reminded of that. 

Sigh. . .

Politicians still get privacy.  We don't record all conversations of them.  If they are having legal private conversations, during private time, it is none of our business.  If they are doing official work, then there are less expectations of privacy.  If Biden consults Obama on policy matters, thats 100% within his prerogative.  All presidents consult others before making decisions.  Its why they have staff and experts. 

omnigun

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 08:57:19 AM »
Politicians are representatives OF THE PEOPLE WHO ALSO BELIEVE IN THEIR SAME AGENDA.  There fixed it.

I disagree, whether you agree with them or not they represent you. 

Inspector

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 08:58:51 AM »
Both.
Care to elaborate or are you going to be obtuse?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in!
I firmly believe every Democrat in America should set an example to Americans
and give up their guns and ammo.  Then to swear an oath to forsake all
violence and use of any firearms or weapons anywhere, anytime.
I'm sure that will impress Americans.

omnigun

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:51 AM »
Care to elaborate or are you going to be obtuse?

Politicians still get privacy.  We don't record all conversations of them.  If they are having legal private conversations, during private time, it is none of our business.  If they are doing official work, then there are less expectations of privacy.  If Biden consults Obama on policy matters, thats 100% within his prerogative.  All presidents consult others before making decisions.  Its why they have staff and experts.

This covers a more detailed response.

Inspector

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 09:07:49 AM »
This covers a more detailed response.
Then I think you are confused. If they are on our time they are working and their conversations are documented and/or recorded. Whatever they discuss is the business of the people. If they are off work then I don’t care what they discuss. The only time we don’t get to know what they talk about is when they discuss national security measures. And even then we still get to know all or part of what they discuss. So either way, no matter what they discuss, as long as it is the business of the people, we get to know through FOIA requests because all discussions are documented and/or recorded.

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 09:34:36 AM »
completely missing the point. . .

you obviously know everything, so carry on. . .

ren

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
True or False:
Question 1: The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. But if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities:Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans--the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE world, for murders.

Question 2: These 5 cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA.

Question 3: It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 10:10:47 AM »
True or False:
Question 1: The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the world. But if you take out just 5 'left-wing' cities:Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans--the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE world, for murders.

Question 2: These 5 cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA.

But said cities get guns from next door that have looser gun laws, but yet said cities don't have high murder rates...must be a social economical thing then and not a gun thing.

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 10:11:45 AM »
Then I think you are confused. If they are on our time they are working and their conversations are documented and/or recorded. Whatever they discuss is the business of the people. If they are off work then I don’t care what they discuss. The only time we don’t get to know what they talk about is when they discuss national security measures. And even then we still get to know all or part of what they discuss. So either way, no matter what they discuss, as long as it is the business of the people, we get to know through FOIA requests because all discussions are documented and/or recorded.

I just thought of that scene with Mr. Hand and Sean Penn that movie about school, Fast Times at Richmond High I think is the title.  "Our time".

RSN172

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »
My conclusion is where you have a large black population you are going to have a lot of crime.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2021, 10:30:40 AM »
Even if its public policy, its not really our business.  Nothing says a president can't get advice from others...

Biden hasn't had an original thought in decades.  It has been demonstrated throughout his career as he's resorted to plagiarizing other people's words again and again.

It's a given that he's parroting someone else's ideas on gun control, since he is mentally defective and relies on others to tell him everything.  Look at how ineffective his efforts were when Obama tasked him to come up with gun control measures after Sandy Hook.  Have those efforts been touted as having saved a single life, stopped a single mass shooting, or prevented a single gun crime?  That's what we expect from Sleepy Joe -- do-nothing, feel-good waste of taxpayer money.

While nothing says a president can't get advice, that's different than being led around by the nose to do others' bidding.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »
My conclusion is where you have a large black population you are going to have a lot of crime.

My conclusion is, where you have a large population in which the government has displaced the father in many families, you're going to have a lot of poverty.

Poverty, not race, is the underlying factor.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 11:16:36 AM »

omnigun

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 11:25:20 AM »

True.  Was it documented when they talked? 

omnigun

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 11:27:20 AM »
Biden hasn't had an original thought in decades.  It has been demonstrated throughout his career as he's resorted to plagiarizing other people's words again and again.

It's a given that he's parroting someone else's ideas on gun control, since he is mentally defective and relies on others to tell him everything.  Look at how ineffective his efforts were when Obama tasked him to come up with gun control measures after Sandy Hook.  Have those efforts been touted as having saved a single life, stopped a single mass shooting, or prevented a single gun crime?  That's what we expect from Sleepy Joe -- do-nothing, feel-good waste of taxpayer money.

While nothing says a president can't get advice, that's different than being led around by the nose to do others' bidding.

Technically a president could " led around by the nose to do others' bidding".  I honestly don't mind the current situation.  Biden is seeking advice from "experts" on things.  This is a good thing.  I did not like how Trump ran the office of only making "rash" decisions from his own mind and ignoring his advisors.

changemyoil66

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2021, 11:47:02 AM »

She pretty much doesn't answer the questions.  Refer to scene from The Campaign and end every answer with "God bless the troops".

Inspector

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »
True.  Was it documented when they talked?
Once again, you have to do a FOIA request.