Chief Ballard to step down June 1st 2021 (Read 5056 times)

6716J

Chief Ballard to step down June 1st 2021
« on: April 09, 2021, 04:10:32 PM »
Maybe we might get a good one for a change.... but probably not

New boss will be same as old boss. Again

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/10/embattled-police-chief-susan-ballard-announces-shell-step-down-effective-june/
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Chief Ballard to step down June 1st 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 04:17:34 PM »
She's leaving before the court cases on CCW are finished.

She was asked how the police department was putting the state in such a position by unconstitutionally using undefined criteria to summarily deny any and all applications.  That pattern screams of "yeah, you can apply, but we'll never approve it no matter what justification you may have."  I don't think she had an answer, because the truth would have been much worse .... "because that's what all the state's elected officials expected and wanted me to do."

I never thought someone from the records division would be much of a chief, but I guess it was time to appoint a woman -- for diversity and stuff.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

aieahound

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »

You new to the infantry Major.
Yes Sir. Come over from supply.

Walking clusterfuck.

On to the next one.

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »
Let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...out with the trash, bitch! :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:37 PM »
I wish I knew Chuck Norris's number.  I would ask him to apply.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
She's leaving before the court cases on CCW are finished.

She was asked how the police department was putting the state in such a position by unconstitutionally using undefined criteria to summarily deny any and all applications.  That pattern screams of "yeah, you can apply, but we'll never approve it no matter what justification you may have."  I don't think she had an answer, because the truth would have been much worse .... "because that's what all the state's elected officials expected and wanted me to do."

I never thought someone from the records division would be much of a chief, but I guess it was time to appoint a woman -- for diversity and stuff.

when i applied for CCW years ago at HPD, the officer behind the desk told me, "what you going apply for, you going get denied anyway"
i don't believe the chief even looks at the application

Heavies

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 06:09:52 PM »
We need a chief of police that works for the people of Honolulu County, not one that works exclusively for the government and is a political hack. You know, like someone who will actually abide their OATH OF OFFICE. Bye. See you later.

RSN172

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 06:26:54 PM »
Good riddance. I am sure the police commission will work very hard to find another antigun chief for the good citizens of Oahu.

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »
Commission will pick same type of asshole.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 03:36:07 AM »
"Big Dog" McCarthy will be the interim Chief so I don't expect our 2A situation to improve anytime soon.  Isn't he the one that took responsibility for the improper surveillance of the city .medical examiner?

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Glasser

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 08:49:50 AM »
Didnt SHOPO push her out by saying 'Her Quota demands were too high" thus admitting quotas do exist, which AFAIK are not legal, even tho EVERYONE knows they exist but pretend they dont?

ren

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 08:54:24 AM »
"Big Dog" McCarthy will be the interim Chief so I don't expect our 2A situation to improve anytime soon.  Isn't he the one that took responsibility for the improper surveillance of the city .medical examiner?

:(
Deeds Not Words

groveler

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 09:16:51 AM »

What is this thing with all the gold stars?
Even the military doesn't have that much gold stuff on them.

Good news!
Tennessee no longer requires a permit for concealed carry.
That now makes twenty states now with "Constitution carry".

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
What is this thing with all the gold stars?
Even the military doesn't have that much gold stuff on them.

That's the number of donuts he can eat in one minute
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 09:53:37 AM »
1 star for every 5 years service
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 09:57:27 AM »
One star represents a constitutional right he intends to take away
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

QUIETShooter

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »
The more stars they put on themselves the less credible they look.

It reminds me of those 3rd world countries where the generals and dictators have stars all over their fuckin body.

A one Star Brigadier General would command more respect from me than all the stars on Susan Ballard.

Glasser

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »
The more stars they put on themselves the less credible they look.

It reminds me of those 3rd world countries where the generals and dictators have stars all over their fuckin body.

A one Star Brigadier General would command more respect from me than all the stars on Susan Ballard.

Had a problem drug house in my neighborhood, HPD did nothing for years. We finally got an older beat cop who made it his personal mission to handle it, I talked to him a bunch of times about the problem, in the course of our chats he told me he was HPD for 15+ yrs, I noticed he only had a couple stars. I did the math, not a rule follower + no fancy rank = someone willing to put his balls on the table to solve actual problems. He towed cars, camped most of his shift on our street til he make some stops that got arrests.  He did his part, courts cut those folks loose within days. 'Don't worry, I am not done' was his answer. Eventually the heat was turned up enough to get politicians and bureaucracy to intercede and shut it down. That officer is my hero.

punaperson

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 11:29:04 AM »
We need a chief of police that works for the people of Honolulu County, not one that works exclusively for the government and is a political hack. You know, like someone who will actually abide their OATH OF OFFICE. Bye. See you later.
Commission will pick same type of asshole.
Why would anyone think they wouldn't?

That'd be like thinking that next week Ige will utter a rational science-based statement re THE VIRUS!!! Ain't gonna happen.

The clown parade will continue unabated...

QUIETShooter

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 12:51:41 PM »
Had a problem drug house in my neighborhood, HPD did nothing for years. We finally got an older beat cop who made it his personal mission to handle it, I talked to him a bunch of times about the problem, in the course of our chats he told me he was HPD for 15+ yrs, I noticed he only had a couple stars. I did the math, not a rule follower + no fancy rank = someone willing to put his balls on the table to solve actual problems. He towed cars, camped most of his shift on our street til he make some stops that got arrests.  He did his part, courts cut those folks loose within days. 'Don't worry, I am not done' was his answer. Eventually the heat was turned up enough to get politicians and bureaucracy to intercede and shut it down. That officer is my hero.

Sadly this is the case in many instances and even in all aspects of work professions.  The inept, ass kissing, and least effective people move on to become the governors, administrators, and police chiefs.

I worked in construction and I remember the old saying: When a worker fails out in the field and nobody wants them on the team, the boss steps in and makes him work in the office or promotes him to foreman.  It's a curse to be a productive, responsible, and profitable worker.  Your chances of promotion and advancement is slim or non-existent.