Florida school shooting.... here we go again! (Read 17431 times)

punaperson

Re: Florida school shooting.... here we go again!
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 06:03:15 AM »
There's no end to the talking-points-spewing talking heads and politicians and "law enforcement" re "new gun control". Here are just a couple of the "worst".

First "Waco Jim" Cavanaugh (https://www.oathkeepers.org/oath-keepers-response-to-splc-mouthpiece-waco-jims-smear-campaign-against-patriotic-veterans-and-gun-owners/), considered by many to be ultimately responsible for burning dozens women and children alive at Waco, derides people's "little, little rights":

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/02/14/msnbc-analyst-laments-2a-suicide-pact-people-worried-about

["Waco Jim" Cavanaugh] Laments 2A ‘Suicide Pact,’ People Worried About Their ‘Little Rights’

“Again, not to take away people's rights, but we can't turn the Second Amendment into a suicide pact. And that’s what we seem to do.”

“We're so worried about any kind of little, little thing that could violate any little, little right that we're just all going to be slaughtered for it,” Cavanaugh bitterly declared. “And it is crazy thinking some of those arguments really are not very grounded. We can do much better on that.” [emphasis added][video at site]

Then you've got your local sheriff  with his big "but"...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/florida-sheriff-scott-israel-says-lawmakers-wont-get-re-elected-if-dont-push-for-gun-control.html

Florida sheriff Scott Israel says lawmakers 'won't get re-elected' if they don't push for gun control

"If you're an elected official, and you want to keep things the way they are, and not do things differently, if you want to keep the gun laws as they are now, you will not get re-elected in Broward County,” Israel said Thursday night[.]

“I’ve spent a lifetime in law enforcement protecting peoples’ rights, but at the end of the day the rights of our children must be first and foremost,” he said. “And lawmakers gotta change the way they do things. The same ol', same ol' just ain’t working."

[He apparently made no mention of what specific "new gun control law(s)" he was advocating for, nor how it would have stopped the nearby event nor any similar events in the future. Broward county voted for Clinton 66% to Trump's 31%, so it's the equivalent of Hawaii... a deep blue "progressive" haven.]

punaperson

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
Must read for anyone (like me) beyond fed up with all this leftist infringing crap... I like the way this guy writes:

https://bearbussjaeger.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/valentines-day-massacre/

Valentine’s Day Massacre

February 15, 2018 by Bear

On February 14, 2018 something didn’t happen.

Fifty-five to one-hundred-twenty million gun owners did not commit mass murder.
Laws forbidding weapons in school did not work.
Laws forbidding the unlicensed carry of firearms did not work.
A background check did not prevent deaths.
School security did not save all the students.

Prior to that, more did not happen.

Since at least 2012, police did not arrest a disturbed person for multiple acts of violence, threats, harassment, peeping, and weapons violations.
Police did not Baker Act a “weird” “psycho,” making him a prohibited person unable to lawfully purchase a gun.
A school did not press criminal charges against a person who broke multiple laws against weapons, destruction of property, and assault.
“Authorities” did not do the jobs they are drawing taxpayer money to do.

So to you celebrity hookers, Z-list actors, Dimwit pols, Repugnant surrender monkeys, lying media, and the rest of the gun- people-controlling victim disarmers:

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Stop blaming the fifty-five to one-hundred-twenty million gun owners who did not commit mass murder. Stop screeching for laws that infringe the human/civil rights of the innocent. Stop screeching for preemptively-prove-your-innocence prior restraint of constitutionally guaranteed rights, registration, and licensing with which the Supreme Court says criminals do not have to comply (look it up, dumbasses).

GO FUCK YOURSELVES.

[and it goes on for a bit more...  :thumbsup: Now THAT'S what i call "testimony"!]

rklapp

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

punaperson

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
Protecting children in an Israeli school (please don't forward any of these images to any Hawaii politicians as it may cause a heart attack or stroke.. open carry alone might do it, but open carry plus children... POP!):

https://www.oathkeepers.org/just-one-gun-law-reduced-stoneman-shooting-killings/

2ahavvaii

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »
The Federal Bureau of Investigation disclosed it received a tip in September about an ominous online message that read: “I‘m going to be a professional school shooter.” The comment had been posted to someone else’s YouTube video by a person going by the name of Nikolas Cruz, now presumed to be the same individual as the suspect in the Florida shooting.

However, FBI agents had no information pointing to the “time, location or true identity” of the person behind the message, Robert Lasky, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Jacksonville office, told reporters.

-----------------------------------------

such bullshit.  Any youtube posting is connected to a google/gmail account.  Are they really saying that they can't get the account info, ip address, etc etc. to track down the person?   I mean, he was posting as "Nikolas Cruz", and his real name is Nikolas Cruz.   I realize there is probably more than 1 person wtih that name in the US, but  COME ON...

ren

Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:48 PM »
On a Facebook post on what was actually a moderately civil conversation.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2018, 02:02:36 AM »
Apparently, everything is Trump's fault now, even though he's only been in office for one year.

Many Congress critters have been there through 4 presidents, but Trump gets blamed?   :wtf:

-- Melvin Udall

2ahavvaii

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2018, 05:51:03 AM »
there already is gun control.  The school was a gun free zone, except for criminals of course.  Who also incidentally don't follow gun control laws.

oldfart

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
and the media is looking to blame the NRA
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37528859/suspect-was-a-good-shot-on-nra-backed-school-rifle-team
==========
AP (associated press) seems to be on the warpath.
That article was written by AP writers, apparently looking to paint a negative picture of NRA support for marksmanship programs.

Just this morning AP posted a story claiming that THOUSANDS attended an anti-gun rally in Florida.

Talk about fake news clickbait...
I clicked and searched for a picture of THOUSANDS of people at this rally.
edit
Long story short, The best I could find was a video of some kids crying and yelling angry rhetoric, probably coached by a lady standing behind them.
The camera was zoomed in so it never showed more than a few people.

This is a trick used in TV shows to make it seem like there are lots of people attending but nobody is there.
For example, when you have a sporting event like a UH footbal game that doesn't have much of a crowd, the cameras stay zoomed in on the action on the field.
When the director wants to show cheering fans, the camera operator zooms in tight on a cluster of people in the stands so you can't see all the empty seats.

Another trick is used in concerts when people don't show up.
The TV crew herds all the people close to the stage so it looks like the venue is packed.
The camera operators just stay focused on the stage and the crowd all bunched up in front while the rest of the venue is empty.

the more you know.....

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:03:58 PM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

aieahound

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
The latest attempt to blame Trump for all that is evil.
Headline:
"
Nikolas Cruz Practiced Shooting While Wearing 'Make America Great Again' Hat, Video Shows"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikolas-cruz-practiced-shooting-while-190133203.html

2ahavvaii

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2018, 11:48:17 PM »
Why? We didn't do it. <sarcasm>

When people I know accuse me because I'm a gun owner that "we" did this I get offended...no insulted!
We go through so many background checks, urine sample, DNA we are really better citizens than people who are NOT gun owners. We are vetted over and over again for exercising our rights.

For this reason, I've told people that all else equal, I'd trust a legal gun owner in hawaii over someone who isnt.  Because the legal owner is and has been vetted versus someone  that potentially has felonies, mental health or drug issues, domestic violence issues, etc. 

mrgaf

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
Apparently, everything is Trump's fault now, even though he's only been in office for one year.

Many Congress critters have been there through 4 presidents, but Trump gets blamed?   :wtf:

Sarah needs a stick shoved up her ass!  ;) :D ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

oldfart

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »
One day,  Sarah will try to find a job and someone will find her obscene and angry rhetoric.
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
One day,  Sarah will try to find a job and someone will find her obscene and angry rhetoric.

Her place of employment will be a street corner somewhere in America...... :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 07:54:09 PM »
CNN wants you to know the following, even though none of it applies to this week's mass shooting.

Fake news till the end!

That isn't fake news. Maybe irrelevant but not fake, unless you are suggesting that what they are reporting is false.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »
That isn't fake news. Maybe irrelevant but not fake, unless you are suggesting that what they are reporting is false.

It's fake news.  Have you not been paying attention?

Fake news is what the media reports that isn't "news."  This screen grab is NOT relevant and it's not news.  It's an attempt to bash FL gun laws.

What are they NOT reporting while they are reporting this garbage?  That's why this is fake.  They toss out BS and deny us the REAL news.

BTW, this is false.  But you didn't catch it, did you?

How many states issue concealed carry permits for a rifle or shotgun? 
How many states allow concealed carry of rifles and shotguns without a permit?

Do some research, and come back with an answer.  We'll be interested to know what you find.
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2018, 08:32:11 PM »
It's fake news.  Have you not been paying attention?

Fake news is what the media reports that isn't "news."  This screen grab is NOT relevant and it's not news.  It's an attempt to bash FL gun laws.

What are they NOT reporting while they are reporting this garbage?  That's why this is fake.  They toss out BS and deny us the REAL news.

BTW, this is false.  But you didn't catch it, did you?

How many states issue concealed carry permits for a rifle or shotgun? 
How many states allow concealed carry of rifles and shotguns without a permit?

Do some research, and come back with an answer.  We'll be interested to know what you find.

how many states regulate how many guns you can buy at one time?

punaperson

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
Is the problem reading comprehension or ignorance of the law or both?  :wtf: