NRL22 (Read 7424 times)

Bushido

NRL22
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
I know it's a long shot, pun intended, is anyone doing any NRL22 matches or similar organized or not on any island? I'm willing to travel for NRL22, PRS Rimfire, Smallbore F-Class, ELR or LR Rimfire practices or matches. I was scheduled to shoot an NRL22 in Vegas during Sept but travel plans have changed,

The GISC has a nice area setup. Anyone else? Surely someone has access to private land. PM me if trying to keep it on the DL. Mahalo!!

Jmoto808

Re: NRL22
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 07:04:13 PM »
Would be awesome if someone somehow had connections with like dillingham ranch or even kualoa or something similar. Could charge a small fee for each match. Would def help build up the community and introduce new people to a great hobby. Best part of 22 is that even a kid could compete, if deemed safe.

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »
Would be awesome if someone somehow had connections with like dillingham ranch or even kualoa or something similar. Could charge a small fee for each match. Would def help build up the community and introduce new people to a great hobby. Best part of 22 is that even a kid could compete, if deemed safe.

NRL22 has been blowing up across the country for several years. Introducing new shooters, youth included, has been a big draw. Their Base Class makes it very affordable for new shooter. I've been approached many times about starting something on Oahu. Sadly, I do not have "connections" but always looking for options and willing to assist. I realized awhile back I will likely need to travel to participate. If anyone is willing to practice, I'm usually in stall 19 on the weekends with some props.

Jmoto808

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 11:58:04 PM »
NRL22 has been blowing up across the country for several years. Introducing new shooters, youth included, has been a big draw. Their Base Class makes it very affordable for new shooter. I've been approached many times about starting something on Oahu. Sadly, I do not have "connections" but always looking for options and willing to assist. I realized awhile back I will likely need to travel to participate. If anyone is willing to practice, I'm usually in stall 19 on the weekends with some props.

Ill try keep a lookout next time i go. I work as a nurse so often go during the week, will be with my vudoo in a foundation stock. Picked up the jc steel nrl 22 hanger setup recently to play with. Hopefully one day someone with connections would be willing to open doors for opportunities to setup 22lr matches on Oahu.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:51:49 PM »
Can you post a vid of what a match looks like?  I youtubed and there are to many to make heads from tails.

macsak

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 01:58:10 PM »
Can you post a vid of what a match looks like?  I youtubed and there are to many to make heads from tails.

heads

ren

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »
thinking about buying another CLE .22....
Deeds Not Words

Jmoto808

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 03:49:51 PM »
Try look up Long range Shooters of Utah on YT. I believe he has some older ish videos of the 22lr events they held. I think Jonathan Ocab YT might have some too. If all else fails just keep searching YT for 22lr matches, rimfire matches, nrl22, elr 22, etc.

Bushido

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 09:23:07 PM »

Focus!!

Every month NRL22 post their COF/ Course of Fire on their website. Every participating/club has to follow it. Every participant has the chance to qualify for the years end championship. It is setup in a league type of format.

I try to shoot the COF iff I have the barricade. I do not have a tank trap made yet.

Bushido

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »
thinking about buying another CLE .22....

Me too. I'm surprised you sold yours. 22s are too fun

Bushido

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 09:29:03 PM »
Ill try keep a lookout next time i go. I work as a nurse so often go during the week, will be with my vudoo in a foundation stock. Picked up the jc steel nrl 22 hanger setup recently to play with. Hopefully one day someone with connections would be willing to open doors for opportunities to setup 22lr matches on Oahu.

I know a guy that has access to private land on the Big Island that was looking into setting up a LR PRS deal. I'm hoping it goes through.

Jmoto808

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 10:01:49 PM »
I know a guy that has access to private land on the Big Island that was looking into setting up a LR PRS deal. I'm hoping it goes through.

I wonder if thats the guy with mulitple vudoos. When i was ordering mine the owner paul parrot said that there was a dude on BI who has purchased multiple vudoos from them. Lemme kno how it goes!

Choktog

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »
I too would also be interested in a NRL22 shoot.  I just ordered their target set and am at kokohead most weekends if anyone wants to practice on the targets.

Bushido

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
I too would also be interested in a NRL22 shoot.  I just ordered their target set and am at kokohead most weekends if anyone wants to practice on the targets.

I will take you up on that offer sometime. I will be off island for a couple of weeks though.

zippz

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »
I'll provide startup funding and give the NRA RSO training if you want to start a club up for it.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Bushido

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 08:09:58 PM »
I'll provide startup funding and give the NRA RSO training if you want to start a club up for it.

Zippz, I would be interested in NRA RSO training. Not really in a rush, just something I would like to acquire.

Thanks for offering to help. I really don't have the connections to acquire a venue. I have offered many. many times for shooters to come practice. So far no takers. Lol. If guys are too shame to practice, I wonder how many will actually show up for matches. I know the Kauai and Maui guys are very interested. In the meantime I will just continue to shoot and plan to travel.

zippz

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 03:22:23 AM »
Video on the rules, equipment, and course of fire for the August match.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
CLE .22 ordered....
Deeds Not Words

Bushido

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 07:30:02 AM »
CLE .22 ordered....

I've heard. I'm sure it'll shoot well.