attn: ladies only range day- saturday dec 30, 2017 (Read 3794 times)

macsak

attn: ladies only range day- saturday dec 30, 2017
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
Ladies, grab your gear, sign ups are now live!

HDF is hosting a Women's Only Skill Builder focusing on carbine and pistol manipulation. Bring what you've got and get ready to shoot.

Expect to bring closed toed shoes, a reliable carbine and/or pistol, 3-5 mags per platform, mag carriers, holster (for handgun portion), sling optional, and 150 rounds per platform. .22lr is acceptable.

No IWB or SERPA holsters allowed.

For those of you who haven't participated in these events with us before, we welcome all skill levels with the expectation that participating shooters have familiarized themselves with the platform they wish to bring. This includes being able to safely load and unload their firearm unassisted.

Long pants/sleeves, food, and water STRONGLY recommended.

7:30am - Set up
8:00am - Open Shoot
10:00am - Set up for Skill Builder
skill builder to follow immediately after setup, so please be there before 10 to get ready and help set up

THIS WILL BE A CLOSED RANGE AFTER OPEN SHOOT. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED ONCE THE SKILL BUILDER BEGINS!

NO SPOUSES OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS WILL BE ALLOWED.

Cost: $20, $30 Nonmembers. Open Shoot $15

open shoot is available for all!

Attendees who arrive by 7:30 am to set up will qualify for a $5 discount for the open shoot.

If you would like to attend the skill builder, please RSVP at hdfrangeday@thehdf.org and let us know which portions you plan to attend.

Please follow all kokohead range and HDF specific rules.
Failure to comply will result in suspension

macsak

Re: attn: ladies only range day- saturday dec 30, 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:48:34 AM »
this month's range day skill builder is ladies only
we will be having open shoot in the am
after that, it will be a closed range- shooters and instructors only

mahalo

Ladies, grab your gear, sign ups are now live!

HDF is hosting a Women's Only Skill Builder focusing on carbine and pistol manipulation. Bring what you've got and get ready to shoot.

Expect to bring closed toed shoes, a reliable carbine and/or pistol, 3-5 mags per platform, mag carriers, holster (for handgun portion), sling optional, and 150 rounds per platform. .22lr is acceptable.

No IWB or SERPA holsters allowed.

For those of you who haven't participated in these events with us before, we welcome all skill levels with the expectation that participating shooters have familiarized themselves with the platform they wish to bring. This includes being able to safely load and unload their firearm unassisted.

Long pants/sleeves, food, and water STRONGLY recommended.

7:30am - Set up
8:00am - Open Shoot
10:00am - Set up for Skill Builder
skill builder to follow immediately after setup, so please be there before 10 to get ready and help set up

THIS WILL BE A CLOSED RANGE AFTER OPEN SHOOT. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED ONCE THE SKILL BUILDER BEGINS!

NO SPOUSES OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS WILL BE ALLOWED.

Cost: $20, $30 Nonmembers. Open Shoot $15

open shoot is available for all!

Attendees who arrive by 7:30 am to set up will qualify for a $5 discount for the open shoot.

If you would like to attend the skill builder, please RSVP at hdfrangeday@thehdf.org and let us know which portions you plan to attend.

Please follow all kokohead range and HDF specific rules.
Failure to comply will result in suspension

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:52:56 AM »
Thanks for the class, the wifey had fun and learned a lot.  BTW she had 5 pistol mags in the ammo can, she just didn't look good.  I know because I loaded 5 mags for her prior to the class beginning.

Things she learned that she shared with me:
1) Possible get another pistol due to her small hands, but when we were shopping for her gun, we tried the following: Glock 17,19, 43, Sig 320 full size, compact, Sub-compact, VP9 full and SK, Smith and Wesson M&P shield, 1.0, FN509.  And in the end, she liked the Smith and Wesson M&P 9C.
2) Mag locations on her body.  She has to figure out where and what way to face the AR mags. (Chest rig, drop leg, etc...)
3) Trigger control with her pistol.  It did improve since the last class, but she needs more work
4) Familiarization with her rifle.  She's a lefty and wants more ambi controls, but I told her get proficient with the basics 1st.  She already has an abmi safety which she doesn't use. *facepalm

Numbers 2, 3, & 4 I've been telling her, but I guess it takes an outside source for her to listen.  Thanks Mac!

Bushido

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »
Thanks for the class, the wifey had fun and learned a lot.  BTW she had 5 pistol mags in the ammo can, she just didn't look good.  I know because I loaded 5 mags for her prior to the class beginning.

Things she learned that she shared with me:
1) Possible get another pistol due to her small hands, but when we were shopping for her gun, we tried the following: Glock 17,19, 43, Sig 320 full size, compact, Sub-compact, VP9 full and SK, Smith and Wesson M&P shield, 1.0, FN509.  And in the end, she liked the Smith and Wesson M&P 9C.
2) Mag locations on her body.  She has to figure out where and what way to face the AR mags. (Chest rig, drop leg, etc...)
3) Trigger control with her pistol.  It did improve since the last class, but she needs more work
4) Familiarization with her rifle.  She's a lefty and wants more ambi controls, but I told her get proficient with the basics 1st.  She already has an abmi safety which she doesn't use. *facepalm

Numbers 2, 3, & 4 I've been telling her, but I guess it takes an outside source for her to listen.  Thanks Mac!

I give your wifey props for coming out to the classes and open shoots. She has way more guts than most of my male shooting freinds that's for sure. I'm glad she is having fun and learning.

1) Several of my daughter's female co-workers carry Sig Sauer P338s and P238s. I was looking at the Kimber Micro 9 and the Springfield Armory EMP9. All are 1911 based and do have safeties if that's an issue. They are very thin and may fit her hand better.

2,3 &4.... We are all working on those.  ::) ::) ::)

macsak

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »
i'm glad that mrs 66 had a great time
your last sentence is the reason why we close the range for the ladies class
we believe that reducing "distractions" help the students learn better
LOL

Thanks for the class, the wifey had fun and learned a lot. 
I guess it takes an outside source for her to listen.  Thanks Mac!

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 10:16:05 AM »
i'm glad that mrs 66 had a great time
your last sentence is the reason why we close the range for the ladies class
we believe that reducing "distractions" help the students learn better
LOL

I like that "Mrs.Changemyoil66".  Depending who I introduce her to, I'll use that also. :thumbsup: