Might get into reloading (Read 30794 times)

Inspector

Re: Might get into reloading
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »
===========
 :rofl:
I stand up when I reload now
Me too.  :o :o :o
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

shdws

Re: Might get into reloading
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
I wanted to check out what the top end loadings for HP38 were like for 357 before I moved on to other powders, and I found a sweet spot in what I would guess is an ultra-light magnum?  Anyway, point of aim at 25 yards is where she hits and the recoil impulse is pleasant enough for me to shoot ~125 rounds in a row and accuracy from a rest is around 3 in.  125 magnums sure would be pricey factory rounds before reloading, but now I'm banging on them like they're a box of minimags, yay!

oldfart was right again.  Check out the cracked nickel plated cases and the one bullet jump.  The cases that cracked fired normally and accurately (one hit bullseye) but were difficult to extract.  The bullet jump jammed up the cylinder such that it would not let the round enter the firing position, but no damage or anything (could be dangerous in rapid fire, bent or more likely cracked trigger bits - $$$).  I also checked for bullet jump with calipers but none moved even a ten-thousandth except the one that cracked.  I only loaded the low end charges in the nickel cases but I guess these nickel cases might now relegated to 38 special loadings.  These cases were twice or thrice fired.  I loaded hotter in brass and all those cases looked so nice I could probably just reload them without cleaning.  Thoughts?