Tourist shooting (Read 15861 times)

AusTac

Re: Tourist shooting
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »
Kualoa ranch is a nice but kinda expensive place for horseback and ATV riding and tours where they made movies like jurrasic park.

Koko crater hike goes up a set of old stairs about 800 feet up.  Good view.  Its also above the shooting range.

Kuliouou is also another good 3 mile hike up to the mountain ridge for a good view.

Learn about Hawaiian history at the bishop museum and tour iolani palace.

I dunno of any good outdoor shops here since sports authority closed.  Young Guns has a good selection of guns and hunting stuff.

Some exellent suggestions zippz i'll look into them  :)

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 09:55:28 AM »
Also check out Diamond Head Lookout/Volcano.

During WWII, pill boxes that are still there were set up in case the Japanese invaded from that direction.  Amazes me how they got equipment up that damn trail with no helicopter.

Make sure to check on line to see if at Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial is able to be visited.  They've been having issues for the boats docking so it's hit or miss.  But there are other things to do at Pearl Harbor also.  Like the USS Missouri (where the Japanese signed the surrender doc) and the Bowfin (WWII submarine) and other stuff.  I haven't been there in a while, but there were Pearl Harbor vets who would hang and talk story with the visitors.  But this was like 10 years ago, and I've been hearing there aren't many left.

stangzilla

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »
Also check out Diamond Head Lookout/Volcano.

During WWII, pill boxes that are still there were set up in case the Japanese invaded from that direction.  Amazes me how they got equipment up that damn trail with no helicopter.

Make sure to check on line to see if at Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial is able to be visited.  They've been having issues for the boats docking so it's hit or miss.  But there are other things to do at Pearl Harbor also.  Like the USS Missouri (where the Japanese signed the surrender doc) and the Bowfin (WWII submarine) and other stuff.  I haven't been there in a while, but there were Pearl Harbor vets who would hang and talk story with the visitors.  But this was like 10 years ago, and I've been hearing there aren't many left.

they used to have a cable that went up diamond head.  its not there anymore.  maybe that was used to get equipment up there

changemyoil66

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
they used to have a cable that went up diamond head.  its not there anymore.  maybe that was used to get equipment up there
That would make a lot more sense.  Although I did see vids of the japs moving stuff on Iwo Jima by muscle.

AusTac

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
Ticked pearl harbour off my list a few years ago, have seen the island change a little bit each time in my 24 years, i think the first time i went i was about a month old! Now i'm of legal age i'm keen to explore, wouldn't mind heading up into the mountains in a 4wd, might see what a rental would cost, thanks for the replies guys keep it up! Finding more and more out each time :)

drck1000

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »
Not really many off road places, especially in the mountains. If you do try to rent a 4wd, be prepared to pay $$$ if you get stuck and especially if you bust an axle. Some buddies had the bright idea to try that at Kaena Point and ended up paying a ton!

AusTac

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
Not really many off road places, especially in the mountains. If you do try to rent a 4wd, be prepared to pay $$$ if you get stuck and especially if you bust an axle. Some buddies had the bright idea to try that at Kaena Point and ended up paying a ton!

Well that sucks i would have thought there would be heaps of stuff to do up there, i guess its just hiking? I can go pretty much where ever i like here in Australia Victoria up the mountains, besides guns thats my other hobby really, might strike that off the list then!

Platinum808

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »
Are you into fishing? Lmk we can go when you come?

Also have you ever rented a kayak and paddle out to the mokulua islands in lanika, Kailua theres a tour that takes you out there if your novice at paddling.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:50:00 PM by Platinum808 »
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

zippz

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2018, 08:57:55 PM »
Ocean activities are great here.  You don't have to worry about getting eaten by sharks or killed by jellyfish.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

AusTac

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
Are you into fishing? Lmk we can go when you come?

Also have you ever rented a kayak and paddle out to the mokulua islands in lanika, Kailua theres a tour that takes you out there if your novice at paddling.

I've been known to wet a line or two mate sounds good to me  :shaka:

AusTac

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2018, 09:43:07 PM »
Ocean activities are great here.  You don't have to worry about getting eaten by sharks or killed by jellyfish.

Yeah i dunno if you guys get our news but the sharks must have been hungry this year, few guys dead now, and its no joke that theres alot to get you here in the water and on land up north  >:D

AusTac

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2018, 02:14:22 PM »
Only 2 more days till i leave for your magical island! So keen! On that note i'm possibly looking at purchasing some reloading gear, is there anywhere specific you guys have in mind for that kind of stuff? Sorry for the million questions!

Mahalo  8)

zippz

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
looking at purchasing some reloading gear, is there anywhere specific you guys have in mind for that kind of stuff?

Young guns, windward gun shop, security equipment Corp.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

AusTac

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2018, 02:37:58 PM »
Roger that thanks once again zippz! I hope to get around to a few shops with one of the forum members, i fly out black friday which i'm gutted about! I hear there's massive sales.

rklapp

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »
I dunno of any good outdoor shops here since sports authority closed.  Young Guns has a good selection of guns and hunting stuff.
Haven't you heard. We're getting a Dick's soon.  >:D
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

AusTac

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2018, 03:08:55 AM »

Oh the damage ( $$$ to my wallet wise ) i could do in one of them  ;D

stangzilla

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2018, 06:52:03 AM »

So what you saying?
Right now we have no dick's?   :'(

justin1098

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2018, 03:18:24 PM »
I'm free!

Looks like I will be able to go to the range thursday.

AusTac

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
One of your forum members took me out to koko head on sunday, had an awesome time with two awesome blokes! ( They know who they are ) very envious of your range you locals have, stunning scenery to unload lead at! Can't thank the guys i've met up with enough, such an awesome experience

macsak

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2018, 03:55:20 PM »
One of your forum members took me out to koko head on sunday, had an awesome time with two awesome blokes! ( They know who they are ) very envious of your range you locals have, stunning scenery to unload lead at! Can't thank the guys i've met up with enough, such an awesome experience

aw man, you should've let us all know
some more of use would've come out