Magazine shipment (Read 2018 times)

zippz

Re: Magazine shipment
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 02:33:07 PM »
20 round 5.56 magazines have advantages over 30 rounders especially when it comes to self defense where it's usually low round counts.  Less bulk and more comfortable to wear when in awkward positions.  And makes the gun a bit sleeker. I'll train with 20 rounders once in a while.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Q

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 02:51:13 PM »
20 round 5.56 magazines have advantages over 30 rounders especially when it comes to self defense where it's usually low round counts.  Less bulk and more comfortable to wear when in awkward positions.  And makes the gun a bit sleeker. I'll train with 20 rounders once in a while.

Define self defense.

randay

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 03:39:44 PM »
yup, get those 30rd mags while you still can.  load up now, get your life-time supply ordered.

don't forget those 40rd PMAGS, maybe some 60rd mags.  how bout some drum mags?  Strike Industries has clear 32rd polymer mags, not sure if they're GTG.

if SB3196 passes ... not sure what the latest is on that, or if anybody 2a even know what it actually says, seems to be kind of hush-hush alluvasudden.

That might not be wise if there is no grandfather for them. We should wait until the amendments come out. That being said I do have my eyes on the ATI Schmeisser 60 round stick mags.

zippz

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2024, 04:59:10 PM »
Define self defense.

Peacetime from a defending position against criminals within 50 yards.  Where you are ensuring hits on each round and not doing suppressive fire. The rifle is much more effective than a pistol that is short range, less accurate, and can require many effective hits to stop making capacity more important.

Now if you are going offensive, have a MS13 multi-million dollar contract on your head, facing avenging jihadists, or wartime conditions, then you want all the rounds you can have.  And for those long range engagements, you can use the 30 round magazines like a bipod.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

rpoL98

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 01:28:39 AM »
That might not be wise if there is no grandfather for them. We should wait until the amendments come out. That being said I do have my eyes on the ATI Schmeisser 60 round stick mags.
true.

ren

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2024, 07:34:48 AM »

who wears mags?
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2024, 07:51:38 AM »
A whole myriad of emotions as I await the outcome of this sh*tshow.  I'm clearly frustrated and infuriated at the illogical reasonings and bullsh*t sparring between the introducers of this communist legislation and the committee members who make backroom deals.

Grandfather clause?  No grandfather clause?  Amendments?  Amendments to the amendments?  Aloha spirit clause?

I guess I should just relax, sit back and  :popcorn:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Tex

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2024, 06:25:43 PM »
I would buy magazines for which there is no 20 round version and block those in June, if it passes with no grandfathering provision. There is a provision in the current version which allows modification of magazines to hold 10 rounds or fewer.

Examples are surplus AK and Uzi magazines and Colt SMG mags.

Buy stuff that you would buy anyway, as long as it can be modified later.

randay

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2024, 05:45:45 PM »
I would buy magazines for which there is no 20 round version and block those in June, if it passes with no grandfathering provision. There is a provision in the current version which allows modification of magazines to hold 10 rounds or fewer.

Examples are surplus AK and Uzi magazines and Colt SMG mags.

Buy stuff that you would buy anyway, as long as it can be modified later.

exactly how do you block said magazines.

dafrtknocker

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2024, 10:45:03 PM »

Glue something inside Magazine, to stop the follower from going past 20 rounds, that's how X-Ring used to do their standard compacity pistol mags.

zippz

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2024, 12:11:34 AM »

Glue in a magblock, rivets, ...

randay

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2024, 04:14:06 AM »
Glue in a magblock, rivets, ...

foof, ill pass. do you think we could disassemble all our mags into parts to avoid?

hvybarrels

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”