New Years PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME (Read 335 times)

Rocky

New Years PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME
« on: January 01, 2024, 10:55:26 AM »
 Yearly Tradition  :love:

prime rib roast with or without bone (any size)
bottom round center cut
Preheat oven to 550°F degrees.
Make a rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder and apply to meat. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.
Roast at 550°F at 5 minutes per pound for RARE, or 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM and 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.
Turn off oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS.
At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from oven to slice; it comes out perfect every time.
Works the same with Roast beef. The next time you want an easy hands-off, tender and juicy roast, try this recipe - you won't be disappointed!

Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
•   Yield: Serves 6.
Add to shopping list
Ingredients
•   1 cup flour
•   1/2 teaspoon salt
•   1 cup milk
•   2 Tbsp melted butter
•   2 eggs, beaten*
•   2-4 Tbsp of roast drippings
Method
1 Sift together the flour and salt in a large bowl. Form a well in the center. Add the milk, melted butter, and eggs and beat until the batter is completely smooth (no lumps), the consistency of whipping cream. Let sit for an hour.
2 Heat oven to 450°F. Add roast drippings to a 9x12-inch pyrex or ceramic casserole dish, coating the bottom of the dish. Heat the dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
For a popover version you can use a popover pan or a muffin pan, putting at least a teaspoon of drippings in the bottom of each well, and place in oven for just a couple minutes.

3 Carefully pour the batter into the pan (or the wells of muffin/popover pans, filling just 1/3 full), once the pan is hot. Cook for 15 minutes at 450°F, then reduce the heat to 350°F and cook for 15 to 20 more minutes, until puffy and golden brown.
Cut into squares to serve.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

Re: New Years PERFECT PRIME RIB EVERYTIME
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 11:15:33 AM »
Like this? :shaka: :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 07:16:56 AM »
Like this? :shaka: :rofl:
Wheres the Yorkshire Pudding and French Onion soup ?
Happy New Year you Ol'e Fut.  :wave:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 03:35:00 PM »
Wheres the Yorkshire Pudding and French Onion soup ?
Happy New Year you Ol'e Fut.  :wave:
Hey.,, I live waipahu. We had pancit, sinanglaw and dinaguan
What, Me Worry?