What was your first gun? (Read 8207 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
What was your first gun?
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:30:44 PM »
Just like the title says, what was your first gun?

Mine was a Glock 23 in .40 short and wimpy. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

2asupport

Re: What was your first gun?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:52:08 PM »
remington 870 camo turkey.  bought it a few months ago

Tom_G

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
"My" first gun, as in the first gun that was bought with the intention of it belonging to me first and the rest of the family second, was a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 magnum.  That was when I was about 10, I think.  I still have it, and recently picked up a matching piece with the intention of (SOMEDAY) getting into cowboy action shooting.

I don't actually know what the first gun I shot was... I assume that I started on a .22, but my earliest shooting memories are of a double-barrel .410 (which is also still in the family).  And the smell of Hoppes #9, sitting outside with Dad, cleaning the guns.  :)
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

itwasntme

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »
Wow, my first gun!  A Ruger 10-22!  I had it stock for the longest time, then it went to the "tactical" look,(LOL) then to the sniper look. :D  I still remember it, HOGUE rubber overmold, Butler Creek fluted bbl, and a Simmons scope.  Never should have sold it!  :-[
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

DBSweetwood

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »
My first gun was a Winchester Model 94 .30-30.  It was my Grandfathers, then my fathers, then I got it on my 12th birthday when I became old enough to hunt big game(in Idaho).  I shot my first deer and my first bear with it that year.  It still shoots just like it was brand new, though it doesn't look like it.

Moki

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 11:41:02 PM »
Remington 1100

kkt

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:28:34 PM »
S&W 422 in stainless.  I never should have sold it.

bushmasta55

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • "Drop your weapons!" "Come and take them!"
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:07:22 AM »
bushmaster ar15 carbine

nf9648

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 06:07:17 AM »
In the summer of 1990 or 1991, my Father and I took a road trip to South Dakota and camped around the Badlands and Black Hills for about a month.  We stopped in a gun store in Rapid City and my Dad bought me a used WInchester 9422 for about $200.  During the time spent in the Badlands I carried that rifle almost everywhere and nearly emptied one of those mini football sized tin cans you used to be able to buy full of .22lr ammo before we came home.  Fast forward to about two weeks ago, my Dad drove down to visit his grandkids and brought a few of my guns that I left at his house.  Now my 7 year old daughter has her first gun, a Winchester 9422...

Funtimes

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 06:52:05 AM »
Glock 22C, with night sights and a lasermax laser installed.  Picked it up for 375 bucks at gander mountain in Jacksonville, Florida.

I swore my family would not be the one abducted by the gangs and forced to withdraw money from any ATM's at Regency or Orange park malls.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

Growler67

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 07:24:39 PM »
Sig P226, KA date code.  Still have it and still shoot it.  It has over ~25K rounds through it.
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
Benelli Nova Tactical. Shopped around for a few months but as soon as I put a cheek weld on it I knew it was the one, plus it eats everything that says 12 ga.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Pizzo

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »
At 7 years of age my Mom promised me a BB rifle for my Bday. Well, the clerk at the Hardware, Drug, grocery store, laundromat, gas station and diner convinced my Mom to spend a lil extra and get me a Winchester 22!! It was love at first shot!!  ;D

Now you may ask why one place had so many titles. Well, it was "Happy's Inn", a small lil place between Kalispell and Libby Montana in the mid 80's and we were in the middle of nowhere! Heck, even the local Sherriff had a cot in the back.....LOL!! Those were the simple days. I still remember the feeling that I'd get every time I'd sling my Winch over my shoulder and head out into the "Wild Wild West".....it was pure FREEDOM!! I even duct taped an old skool silver metal flashlight to the barrel for night engagements!

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
When I was 11 my mom gave me a M1 Carbine and a Beretta 22LR pistol.  This was back in the early 70's when people were less paranoid.  My mom was on her HS rifle team, so she had no qualms about me using firearms. When my dad took me to the range it was so funny because he didn't know squat about firearms.  So I had to do all the loading and unloading.  The range officers were always watching me.  I took a interest in German Iron and my first guns I purchased when I turned 21 were a Walther P38, Luger and a Walther PPK/S.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

raudi

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
ruger 10/22 about 2 years ago. Not sure why it took so long for me to pick up my first.

Pit808

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 12:44:32 PM »
Marlin 336 30-30
Took a Louisiana 4pt buck first time out with it back when I was 12yo.
Still have it. Thought about selling it a few times, but decided that it earned a permanent spot in the club.
 :shaka:
chitty chitty bang bang.......

fstbckgt

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
When I was 9 my Dad bought me a Savage .22LR and a single shot 20 gauge and he let me open both early so we could go the range. Talk about best christmas ever  ;D

NoScade

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »
My first gun was a Win mod70 in 30.06 I bought at Sportmart in Cali while I was in college which I bought with my student ID and HI driver license.. :thumbsup: