Young v. State of Hawaii (Read 123153 times)

Kukailimoku

Re: Young v. State of Hawaii
« Reply #400 on: December 26, 2018, 06:48:49 PM »
...the state will do everything it can, for as long as it can, no matter how much it costs, to deny Hawaii residents of their fundamental, individual, enumerated, god-given/natural, inalienable constitutionally-protected rights. That's what they do.

Everyman has exactly the government he deserves. You all voted these clowns for 70 years in a row just because your tutu used to vote for them, and your dad votes for them, and your stupid civil servant unions tell you to vote for them, and because you all don't want to be embarrassed at your cousin Kawika's son's one year birthday party on the beach under one acre of tarp, when they all ask, "why you went vote foa dakine? They stay republicans, brah. Yoa mudda would be so shamed about you if she was alive. Ho, braddah, make A you neva vote for da dems, man! Hey Auntie, he went vote foa da odda side!" (and assorted other well constructed conversations about governance, world view, and geoploitical subtleties that likely happen - not! - at such gatherings.
To fit in you all vote for these clowns every cycle and we all get what we deserve. Good for you. Good for us.

Kukailimoku

« Reply #401 on: December 26, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »
... That argument is foreclosed by the en banc decision in Peruta...

What mean "foreclosed" ???

Kukailimoku

« Reply #402 on: December 26, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »
I sent an email to the White House asking that...Apparently they don't value my opinion all that highly...

Yeah, I know what you mean. They don't listen to Sergeant Cox, either.  >:(
Had they listened to Sergeant Cox, they wouldn't be in Iraq in the first place, or, having gone in, woulda been done the right way quicker the first time. :o  That, and Palestine wouldn't be a threat to anyone anymore. ;)   But, they don't listen to you and they don't listen to Sergeant Cox either. Sergeant Cox has all the answers...

Caveat: I am (was) Sergeant Cox (retired).

Charles Nichols

« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2018, 08:33:27 PM »
What mean "foreclosed" ???

The three-judge panel that decided Young v. Hawaii is bound by the en banc decision in Peruta v. San Diego which held that there is no right, under the Second Amendment, for a member of the general public to carry a handgun concealed in public.  The only courts which can overturn the en banc decision in Peruta is another en banc court of the 9th circuit or the United States Supreme Court.  Peruta filed a cert petition which was denied.  Therefore, the en banc decision in Peruta remains binding on every three-judge panel as well as every district court judge in the 9th circuit.

RSN172

« Reply #404 on: December 26, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
Everyman has exactly the government he deserves. You all voted these clowns for 70 years in a row just because your tutu used to vote for them, and your dad votes for them, and your stupid civil servant unions tell you to vote for them, and because you all don't want to be embarrassed at your cousin Kawika's son's one year birthday party on the beach under one acre of tarp, when they all ask, "why you went vote foa dakine? They stay republicans, brah. Yoa mudda would be so shamed about you if she was alive. Ho, braddah, make A you neva vote for da dems, man! Hey Auntie, he went vote foa da odda side!" (and assorted other well constructed conversations about governance, world view, and geoploitical subtleties that likely happen - not! - at such gatherings.
To fit in you all vote for these clowns every cycle and we all get what we deserve. Good for you. Good for us.

I don't vote.

Kukailimoku

« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
The three-judge panel that decided Young v. Hawaii is bound by the en banc decision in Peruta v. San Diego which held that there is no right, under the Second Amendment, for a member of the general public to carry a handgun concealed in public.  The only courts which can overturn the en banc decision in Peruta is another en banc court of the 9th circuit or the United States Supreme Court.  Peruta filed a cert petition which was denied.  Therefore, the en banc decision in Peruta remains binding on every three-judge panel as well as every district court judge in the 9th circuit.

Thanks!
But...If the Peruta banc decided that concealed carry is not constitutionally protected, and separately some other - Young, or any other - case thread decides that open carry is also not constitutionally protected, then effectively the courts (albeit via separate threads) have decided that bearing arms in public in any fashion is not constitutionally protected.

Wait... That would mean either 1) the court(s) are wrong (honest mistake) ; or 2) the court(s) deliberately took away one of our rights knowing full well what they are doing; or 3) the court(s)' interpretation(s) are correct and we can only bear arms in private and not in public.

If number three, then wow that sucks, and the 2A is a crappy right.
If number one, then wouldn't further litigation expose and correct that ? Give us back either the open- or concealed-carry?
If number two, isn't that legitimate grounds for open amred insurrection and overthrow (corrective) action of a tyrannical governing system? I mean, my forefathers threw a bunch of tea into the harbor for this kind of crap...

Kukailimoku

« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »
I don't vote.

Didn't-voters are also covered under the theory of you-have-exactly-what-you-deserve. If you don't vote then you helped it happened; and whether or not one votes if they allow to stand waht is standing then again, you still deserve what is standing. Because not knocking it down.

punaperson

« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
Brief quotes from Young and Beck in a three minute part 1 of 2 report from NPR Hawaii. Can't wait to hear "the legislators weigh in" on part 2! If they let them speak unedited I'd bet that we'd hear "Wild West" more than once.  :rofl:

http://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/george-k-young-jr-continues-his-quest-open-carry-firearms

tillamook

« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »
Brief quotes from Young and Beck in a three minute part 1 of 2 report from NPR Hawaii. Can't wait to hear "the legislators weigh in" on part 2! If they let them speak unedited I'd bet that we'd hear "Wild West" more than once.  :rofl:

http://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/george-k-young-jr-continues-his-quest-open-carry-firearms

They had some previews from the politicians and that's what it was "I dont want to live in a state where we are shooting each other over parking spaces"
I would not except NPR to give anything other than a slanted view on guns.  They did say that "anyone can go to any gun show in the US and get a gun without a background check even from a dealer" and never corrected it. 

London808

« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Charles Nichols

« Reply #410 on: February 08, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »
En banc oral argument will take place during the week of March 25, 2019, in San Francisco, California.

zippz

« Reply #411 on: February 08, 2019, 08:15:13 PM »
En banc oral argument will take place during the week of March 25, 2019, in San Francisco, California.

Is this open to the public?  I might go to show support.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Charles Nichols

« Reply #412 on: February 08, 2019, 08:42:54 PM »

Video of the oral argument will be broadcast live and an archive version posted the same day at the 9th circuit court of appeals YouTube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/user/9thcirc/videos

All_rice

Land of the free, because of the Brave!

zippz

« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2019, 12:52:47 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-court/us-appeals-court-to-revisit-open-carrying-of-guns-idUSKCN1PX2A9

Does this change anything?

Bad news.

Lengthens the case.
If en banc rules against us and SCOTUS doesn't take the case, then still no carry in Hawaii.
Costs more.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

RSN172

« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2019, 07:48:05 AM »
I would be shocked if en bank ruled FOR us.  So much so that at my age I might die of a heart attack and as I always said, no legal carry in Hawaii in my lifetime will come true.

changemyoil66

« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »
I would be shocked if en bank ruled FOR us.  So much so that at my age I might die of a heart attack and as I always said, no legal carry in Hawaii in my lifetime will come true.
Im in my 30s and migh have the same odds. Fighting for my childrens right (when i have). #3/16inch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gordyf

« Reply #417 on: February 10, 2019, 05:22:07 PM »

So En Banc is only being argued, not assured yet??
Aloha
Gordy

wolfwood

« Reply #418 on: February 12, 2019, 04:12:24 PM »

Its open to the public
Please add my business facebook page if you are interested in my litigation
https://www.facebook.com/ABeckLaw/

punaperson

« Reply #419 on: February 12, 2019, 04:59:47 PM »
Wolfwood has posted the state's motion for supplemental briefing, filed yesterday, Feb. 11, 2019:

https://www.scribd.com/document/399423462/Young-Motion-for-Supplemental-Briefing

They claim to need another 7,000 words to adequately explain the lying bullshit Attorney General's "opinion" stating that open carry has never been restricted to "security guards", and that open carry has always been available to "typical law-abiding citizens".

The Hawaii county application still reads (and has for years):

There's no amount of words that can make that lie go away.