Spartan Race Hawaii (Read 26295 times)

jonjon

Re: Spartan Race Hawaii
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 11:32:05 AM »
Damn!!!!! 15 minutes - I got some work to do  :crazy: do they start timing from the parking lot or from the the bottom of the steps? also do they stop timing at the top of the steps or at the old landing pad?

They already have pre registration for next years Spartan race, it will be twice as long  :geekdanc:
Once they open up registration, sign up and it will be about $39.00 if you wait till last minute like I did it was $89.00. The ranch charges $10 for parking and they also charge $5 to store your bag.
We should start a 2aHawaii team and start some workout sessions :shaka:

ImKu

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »
Not sure where they start/stop their time, I started the timer at the bottom of the steps and stopped at the top of the steps.  They train there though and use the...umm scenery as motivation.
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

WCMTWS

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
lol @ running up koko head...way to hot up there! Plus it's steep as shit.
I saw the 'Spartan Race' on youtube the other day, looked awesome! Would defiantly like to do it next time around.

jonjon

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
They train there though and use the...umm scenery as motivation.

haha - yup going up hill the "scenery" sometimes can be a motivation but also a distraction  ;)

lol @ running up koko head...way to hot up there! Plus it's steep as shit.

yup pretty steep, so I guess you really can't call it "running up" more like "power hiking" :shaka:

next years race is going to be around 6-8 miles so it's going to be pretty killer  :crazy:

sannixinc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »
Goal:
2a group at spartan race 2014

jonjon

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 05:35:56 AM »
Goal:
2a group at spartan race 2014

+1

Lets do this  :geekdanc:

new guy

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 07:08:26 AM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:20:03 PM by new guy »
Your mindset is your primary weapon. - Jeff Cooper

splice21

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
yup pretty steep, so I guess you really can't call it "running up" more like "power hiking" :shaka:

next years race is going to be around 6-8 miles so it's going to be pretty killer  :crazy:
[/quote]

That's true. Its more like power hiking. With all those tourist on this trail its crazy.

I missed the last Spartan Race. Too bad I'll have to wait til 2017 for them to finish the super, beast and ultra for the race to come full circle. I give these people credit who advanced to the super and beyond. Thats some tough stuff. 3 miles can do but 6-8 miles lol! Its good to know your limits. :shaka:

new guy

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:19:41 PM by new guy »

jonjon

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
jonjon,

You in the Land of the Rising Sun, yet?

Good luck with Fuji San, bruddah, and post some pics.

Also, been seeing a bunch of unfit-looking girls and guys running around wearing the Spartan Race tshirt... if their asses made it, I'm feeling better about my chances.

Hey  New,

Leaving for Tokyo on Thursday and will climb Fuji on Sunday - will only take my iPhone to take photos but will definitely post if I make it to the summit  :shake:

Next year it will be a Spartan super race and not a Spartan sprint so I bet those unfit looking people will have a pretty hard time finishing or probably not even attempt it next year  ;)

new guy

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:18:55 PM by new guy »

MMM

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:04 PM »
resurrected post:

so.........who's doing the spartan race this august 2016?

drck1000

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 06:43:52 PM »
Probably in for the sprint.

MMM

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
Probably in for the sprint.

that's the one i'm doing. i figured i might be in ok shape until today. wow, struggled to do pull-ups and monkey bars, LOL!  well, i have 3 months to lose some weight and workout.....

drck1000

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 08:17:39 AM »
that's the one i'm doing. i figured i might be in ok shape until today. wow, struggled to do pull-ups and monkey bars, LOL!  well, i have 3 months to lose some weight and workout.....
A group of friends are going.  There's a range of fitness levels and I think I'm about in the middle. 

I was reading through the typical obstacles and watching videos of past races.  There was a rope climb where you start in a mud/water pit and I assume the rope is wet.  Chalk me up for the 30 burpee penalty for that one!   :(

I haven't done monkey bars since I was like 10, so that should be interesting as well. 

macsak

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
A group of friends are going.  There's a range of fitness levels and I think I'm about in the middle. 

I was reading through the typical obstacles and watching videos of past races.  There was a rope climb where you start in a mud/water pit and I assume the rope is wet.  Chalk me up for the 30 burpee penalty for that one!   :(

I haven't done monkey bars since I was like 10, so that should be interesting as well.

once the "team spartan" tv show starts, the race is gonna get hugely popular

MMM

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 08:45:29 AM »

dammit.......i hate burpees, lol! i better practice those too.   :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »
I was watching the Spartan race show from 2015 and those were some hardcore stuff that the elite guys had to do.  Carry that log/stump up that hill! 

drck1000

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »
Just signed up.  Think we have about 4-5 doing it so far. 

There's a coupon I think until tomorrow.

MMM

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »
Just signed up.  Think we have about 4-5 doing it so far. 

There's a coupon I think until tomorrow.

yup. coupon is ALOHA10 for anybody signing up. 10% off