Where . . .
Hau’ula Civic Center
54-010 Kukuna Rd.
Hau’ula, HI 96717
(808) 255-6944 or (808) 722-2828

When . . . Must attend all 3 Saturdays
September 14, 21 and 28, 2019; 8 am – 4 pm
(September 28 at Diamond Head.)

•   CERT Training consists of approximately 22 hours of training (16 classroom hours and 6 hours of practicum) held over a three day period. September 1, 8 and 15, 2018

•   Participants must complete both classroom sessions before attending the practicum.

•   Participants need to complete all three days of training to receive a certificate of completion.

•   Classes are typically held from 8:00AM to 4:00PM (2 PM on final day)

•   Space is limited!  Sign up early.

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

London808

Re: CERT training
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 10:49:57 PM »
It’s 2019
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Rocky

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:11:01 AM »
It’s 2019

Too bad you missed the class  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I attended yesterdays 2018 class via time continuum warp drive and will do the same next week.
Need a lift ?
   Sorry, I just copied and pasted from local community  group and did not proof.
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:51:29 AM »
That's a big commitment of time for me.
From a mercenary viewpoint, is there a benefit to being a CERT volunteer?
What, Me Worry?

zippz

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
I haven't been to the CERT, but I talked to some members and I was the team leader for the Search and Extraction team for the national guard.

The program is to place volunteer rescue workers in the communities in the event of hurricanes, earthquakes, etc where buildings collapse.  In these situations the roads may be damaged and rescue workers cannot respond or are overwhelmed.  You'll be the responder to basically rescue people from the rubble.  There are hidden dangers you watch out for like stabilizing the building to prevent further collapse during the rescue, electrical/flammable gas hazards, and confined spaces filled with toxic gas that will kill you in seconds.  They also teach first aid and trauma aid.

Very useful skills to have whether it's a island wide natural disaster or a car accident.  Highly recommended for anyone to attend to include juniors and seniors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JveKJ3INI_g&feature=youtu.be

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »
I haven't been to the CERT, but I talked to some members and I was the team leader for the Search and Extraction team for the national guard.

The program is to place volunteer rescue workers in the communities in the event of hurricanes, earthquakes, etc where buildings collapse.  In these situations the roads may be damaged and rescue workers cannot respond or are overwhelmed.  You'll be the responder to basically rescue people from the rubble.  There are hidden dangers you watch out for like stabilizing the building to prevent further collapse during the rescue, electrical/flammable gas hazards, and confined spaces filled with toxic gas that will kill you in seconds.  They also teach first aid and trauma aid.

Very useful skills to have whether it's a island wide natural disaster or a car accident.  Highly recommended for anyone to attend to include juniors and seniors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JveKJ3INI_g&feature=youtu.be

Clem Jung in the video is our instructor.
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »
    Sorry cuz, Mercs serve for money or some other form of payment,  this is strictly volunteer.   :(
You do get a cool vest, backpack, gloves, n95 masks, helmet  and a cool patch.  :D
There may be a few other beneficial percs depending on how you look at it.

Seriously, "Ya don't know what you don't know" and I learned a couple of things day one.  (Don't use flour to put out  a fire ! :crazy:)

CERT goal is similar to Dr. Spock mantra  "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few" and is expressed and impressed wholeheartedly only  AFTER the needs of the CERT volunteer AND Family.
Something morbidly refreshing in a weird sort of way (and anybody who knows me and that when I say weird knows that it's really frick'n weird   :shake: :shake:)

Probably easier for little ole me way out here in small  hicksville where everybody knows your name and seeing how we would be last on the government post disaster assistance list.  :-\
 :wave:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 04:48:53 PM »

Saving lives is it.  Odds are far greater that you'll save more lives this way than government tyranny or zombie apocalypse.  Sorry to disappoint

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 02:08:31 PM »
Saving lives is it.  Odds are far greater that you'll save more lives this way than government tyranny or zombie apocalypse.  Sorry to disappoint
The Hauula sessions are a pain to get to. But I see that they have sessions in town, close to where I work.
I might tàke an October or November session. It sounds useful.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »
Took the training a few years ago, along with ATC 20 & 45 training for post disaster recovery assistance for work.  Good training in any case, but also helpful since after EQ, hurricane, etc. 

macsak

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 03:57:03 PM »
Took the training a few years ago, along with ATC 20 & 45 training for post disaster recovery assistance for work.  Good training in any case, but also helpful since after EQ, hurricane, etc.

EQ?

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »

Rocky

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

DesertRangerTycho

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 07:21:57 PM »

Access to FEMA MREs

Rocky

WAIMANALO CERT CLASS OCTOBER 26 CANCELLED
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 09:26:46 AM »

Aloha to All,

There was a CERT class scheduled for Waimanalo, on Oct. 26th, and Nov. 2nd, with the exercise on Nov. 9th.

We just received word from Clem that the class has been postponed until February 8th, 15th, and 22nd..
The  classroom instruction will be at Pope Blanche Elementary School, 8am - 4pm, on the 8th and 15th, with the exercise at Battery Harlow, 7:30am to 1:00pm, on the 22nd.

Please pass the word to your friends and family, especially to those that were planning on taking this course.

There are no more CERT classes scheduled for the Windward side, for the remainder of 2019.

There may still be public classes offered at the DEM for 2019.  Check the following link - http://www.honolulu.gov/dem/involved/get-trained.html for those class dates and times.
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jl808

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »
Last time I took the CERT class, they mentioned that they can arrange a special class for a company / organization if there is a group of 8 or more.  One other option is to organize a group and requesting a class if there is enough interest.

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Rocky

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 08:45:11 AM »
2020  Cert Class Schedule

February 1, 8, and 15 (Saturdays) at DEM
February 15, 22, and 29 (Saturdays): Ewa Emergency Preparedness Committee (Ewa EPC) will be hosting this class, please contact Ewaepc@gmail.com to register.
February 8, 15, and 22 (Saturdays): Waimanalo CERT will be hosting this class, please contact kahumokunow@gmail.com to register.

March 1, 8, and 15 (Sundays) at DEM

April 4, 18, and 25 (Saturdays) at DEM

May 9, 16, and 23 (Saturdays) at DEM

June 6, 20, and 27 (Saturdays) at DEM

July 11, 18, and 25 (Saturdays): Kailua CERT will be hosting this class, please contact kailuacert@gmail.com to register.

September 5, 12, and 19 (Saturdays) at DEM

October 4, 11, and 18 (Sundays) at DEM

November 7, 14, 21 (Sundays) at DEM

Community  or group classes can be arranged.

http://www.honolulu.gov/dem/involved/get-trained.html

EVENTS

May 16
CERT Fair @ Windward Mall 10-2

February 22
Waimanalo CERT Diamond Head (volunteer victims always needed)

Franklin D. Roosevelt