Suspected terror attack in Germany (Read 6408 times)

Q

Suspected terror attack in Germany
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:01:28 AM »
Wonder how they feel about immigration now?

macsak

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Suspected terror attack in Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »
Others are seeing the pattern I picked up on a very long time ago.

The Muslim's view Friday as their "Sabbath" just like Christians see Sunday.  In Saudi, the public punishments, including beheadings, were performed on Fridays.

Many of these Islam-related attacks occur on Friday.  So, when it's a Friday, and Obama can't say what a killer's motive might have been, the odds are in favor of radical jihad!
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »
blaming the guns in 5, 4, 3...
No doubt. 

It was interesting that in the Fox coverage, they quoted the police as saying that while they didn't know much, that "Islamist terrorism was not suspected as a motive". 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »
No doubt. 

It was interesting that in the Fox coverage, they quoted the police as saying that while they didn't know much, that "Islamist terrorism was not suspected as a motive".

"Not suspected" isn't the same as "has been ruled out."

They felt compelled to publicly say they're not able to say it's Islamic terrorism .... yet.

There's a reason Islamic Terrorism is the fist motive to come to mind in these public mass murders.

If it walks like a duck ...
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »
"Not suspected" isn't the same as "has been ruled out."

They felt compelled to publicly say they're not able to say it's Islamic terrorism .... yet.

There's a reason Islamic Terrorism is the fist motive to come to mind in these public mass murders.

If it walks like a duck ...
To be clear, I am not saying that it was or wasn't.  I just more note how the various new outlets frame things.  While CNN was silent on the Islamist angle, that Fox mentioned that it wasn't suspected. 

Yeah, I understand that suspected isn't ruled out.  More going back to my frustration that new outlets will rush to speculate in an effort to get the story out.  Yes, when it fits certain narratives, certain outlets are quick to point things out (shooter was white, "vicitim" was black, gun was scary black assault rifle, etc.).  That rush to get "information" when it's only speculation often gets passed on as "truth". 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »
To be clear, I am not saying that it was or wasn't.  I just more note how the various new outlets frame things.  While CNN was silent on the Islamist angle, that Fox mentioned that it wasn't suspected. 

Yeah, I understand that suspected isn't ruled out.  More going back to my frustration that new outlets will rush to speculate in an effort to get the story out.  Yes, when it fits certain narratives, certain outlets are quick to point things out (shooter was white, "vicitim" was black, gun was scary black assault rifle, etc.).  That rush to get "information" when it's only speculation often gets passed on as "truth".

If you read Sentence #2, I was saying "they", meaning the so-called news.

Don't take it personally!  :D
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
If you read Sentence #2, I was saying "they", meaning the so-called news.

Don't take it personally!  :D
Nah. I didn't take that as you were saying that I was saying. . .  Just wanted to clarify that's not what I was saying, which apparently isn't much.   ;D

I just get so frustrated at times at the news, how it's carried, spin introduced, etc.  That at times, I don't even want to watch or read the news. 

Hanabata

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »

I'm sure more details will come soon enough. But there's this tidbit...

A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can't run." Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or God is great. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry."

London808

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 03:24:47 PM »

An 18-year-old man with dual German and Iranian citizenship opened fire at a McDonald's restaurant and a crowded shopping mall in Munich Friday, killing at least nine people and injuring 16 others before turning his gun on himself, the city's police chief said.

the gunman had been living in Munich "for a while", later clarifying that he had been a city resident for at least two years and was not previously known to law enforcement.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

whynow?

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 09:00:31 PM »
Having heard about no-go zones in European cities where law enforcement cannot enter these muslim zones, it may be no wonder that law enforcement does not have these killers on the radar.
Americans can't understand this concept and hopefully never will.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 03:34:40 AM »
Having heard about no-go zones in European cities where law enforcement cannot enter these muslim zones, it may be no wonder that law enforcement does not have these killers on the radar.
Americans can't understand this concept and hopefully never will.

I have read about those supposed no-go areas but then I saw other articles saying there was no such thing or that it was being overstated. Interested to find out which reports are accurate though.

I am sure we have areas in America where cops prefer not to go by themselves though.

Q

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 09:14:09 AM »
I have read about those supposed no-go areas but then I saw other articles saying there was no such thing or that it was being overstated. Interested to find out which reports are accurate though.

I am sure we have areas in America where cops prefer not to go by themselves though.

You obviously have not been to Europe

London808

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 09:19:58 AM »
Even when i lived there 10 years ago there was areas of London that you dident go to if you were white, I lived in Wes London and mine was the only non Muslim family on my street.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Hanabata

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »

I have family in highway patrol who say they pretty much steer clear of Indian Reservations. He said cops get really ugly looks from reservationists.