September 2018 Gun Show (Read 13135 times)

oldfart

September 2018 Gun Show
« on: June 27, 2018, 06:47:59 AM »
September 29 and 30, 2018
Feel free to download the pdf file and print out for distribution
Note a slight change in the closing time for Saturday.

What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

Re: September 2018 Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:52:02 AM »
add Fireclean to my list for the gunshow

zippz

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:50:37 PM »
A donor from the Hawaii Firearms Coalition is matching donations to the Friends of the NRA during the gun show weekend, up to $5,000 in total for the weekend.

Please stop by their table, the kids with buckets, and make a donation.  The money supports the junior air rifle teams in Hawaii who are the next generation of gun owners.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

RSN172

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »
I am going to miss the Las Vegas Gun & Knife Show being held this weekend.  I arrive in Vegas Oct 10. 

Lihikai

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
Folks, this is your opportunity to post what you're going to be looking for at the show.  Maybe someone here will see your post and bring what you need.  Remember many of the people here on the forum have tons of stuff at home and are probably still packing up their stuff for the show this weekend - help them figure out what to bring.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
I think Jaypee is having his own little gun show in the classifieds right now.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 10:00:22 PM »
Folks, this is your opportunity to post what you're going to be looking for at the show.  Maybe someone here will see your post and bring what you need.  Remember many of the people here on the forum have tons of stuff at home and are probably still packing up their stuff for the show this weekend - help them figure out what to bring.

There’s also this thread: https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=32284.0

zippz

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
Pls make your donations to FNRA this weekend.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Q

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
Pretty uneventful; surprised to see such ridiculous pricing on many same items 6 years later.

Nonetheless,  got a deal on an ALICE pack i wanted, and my acquaintance got what he wanted to an extent.

macsak

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »
Pretty uneventful; surprised to see such ridiculous pricing on many same items 6 years later.

Nonetheless,  got a deal on an ALICE pack i wanted, and my acquaintance got what he wanted to an extent.

lol, same shit, different year

missed you today, man
were you there in the AM?

zippz

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 09:55:48 AM »
If people have problems with the gun show, then do something about it.  Run a table with good deals or displays and activities.

zippz

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Visit the Hawaii Firearms Coalition table to sign our petition and apply for memberships.  We're along the McKinley HS side wall by the cowboys.

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Wishing I could join you wonderful folks.
I'm sitting at McDonald's waiting to get my flat tire fixed. :(
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:07 AM »
If people have problems with the gun show, then do something about it.  Run a table with good deals or displays and activities.

"People" are allowed to have, and express, their own opinions.

As with the "Who's the worst gun store employee" thread, maybe constructive criticism will help improve and ensure the continued existence of the gun show.

If anyone has ever been to a mainland show and compared it to Hawaii's, ..... well, let's say there's no real comparison.

Opinions are situational.  You may be the only person looking for that one hard-to-find firearm that happened to be offered at that particular show.  In your opinion it was a great event.  To others looking for deals on ammo or a Sig P320, maybe not.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:50 AM »

I thought people who ate at McDonald's all had spare tires?    :rofl:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
I thought people who ate at McDonald's all had spare tires?    :rofl:
Ugh, you are correct :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 11:27:56 AM »
Pls make your donations to FNRA this weekend.

Made my usual donation.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Need a ride? Sorry about your flat. I had a run of flat tires earlier this year. Three of them in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Went to the show yesterday. Thinking about going again today but I have not made up my mind yet.

Inspector

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 11:39:42 AM »
lol, same shit, different year

missed you today, man
were you there in the AM?
I found a nice Model 1894 in 30-30 for sale. Didn’t jump on it. Probably should have.

I found asking prices on the firearms I am interested in to be high to me. I didn’t see any REALLY good deals on firearms I am interested in. I did find some bullets for sale at great prices. But I don’t need them. I used to buy everything I could use at a good price. Even if I don’t have a need for it. That way I always have. But now I just use up what I have and I am just buying when I run out.

oldfart

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:02 AM »
Need a ride? Sorry about your flat. I had a run of flat tires earlier this year. Three of them in a matter of a couple of weeks.

3 hours and still waiting. Thanks anyway.
Need to go work by 230......not looking too good.
What, Me Worry?