When guns are banned (Read 1506 times)

ren

When guns are banned
« on: April 13, 2024, 07:14:04 AM »
 and an evil person attacks with a knife the only thing you can do is..

Run, run, run’: Chaos at a Sydney mall as 6 people stabbed to death, and the suspect fatally shot

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/04/13/man-stabbed-death-5-people-sydney-shopping-center-was-fatally-shot-by-police/
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

Re: When guns are banned
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 09:37:16 AM »
In before, "It would have been much worse if he had a gun."

:geekdanc:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 10:05:18 AM »

One life lost to knife violence is too much and unacceptable.
Range too far. Barrel too hot.
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 10:36:20 AM »
They said the officer that shot the suspect dead is a "hero"

How nice.

Really wonderful to know that when seconds count, the "hero" is minutes away......maybe.

I'm sure the family of the victims and the 9 month old baby in the hospital and it's dead mother feel just hunky dory with a warm feeling about all of this.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 04:02:07 PM »
Aloha snackbar got yeeted by a woman. No 77 virgins for him.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 07:13:58 PM »
Aloha snackbar got yeeted by a woman. No 77 virgins for him.

Why you talking baby like Nicki Minaj?
Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 10:51:55 PM »

Do you think it would not have been worse if he had a gun?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 12:12:03 AM »
Do you think it would not have been worse if he had a gun?

It would have been worse if he had a box of dynamite, or a truck load of cobras, or ....

You always miss the point.  Hence the ample number of Swooshes in your collection.

Let me explain it for you -- I'm sure not for the first time.

Gun control promises safety from violence, especially murder.  But, gun laws don't stop killings (e.g. these mass knife murders).  What gun laws do is take away the ability (and right) from everyone to defend themselves against a lunatic going on a stabbing spree.

So, is it better because the attacker didn't have a gun, or is it worse because nobody else was allowed to have a gun?  How many lives could have been saved if only one law abiding person had a gun on them and stopped the attacker long before the police were called?

You accuse us of seeing everything as black & white, yet you can't turn your focus anywhere other than the attacker.  Try focusing on the intended victims and how they might have lived if they had only been carrying a firearm.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 08:26:11 AM »
It would have been worse if he had a box of dynamite, or a truck load of cobras, or ....

You always miss the point.  Hence the ample number of Swooshes in your collection.

Gun control promises safety from violence, especially murder.  But, gun laws don't stop killings (e.g. these mass knife murders).  What gun laws do is take away the ability (and right) from everyone to defend themselves against a lunatic going on a stabbing spree.

So, is it better because the attacker didn't have a gun, or is it worse because nobody else was allowed to have a gun?  How many lives could have been saved if only one law abiding person had a gun on them and stopped the attacker long before the police were called?

You accuse us of seeing everything as black & white, yet you can't turn your focus anywhere other than the attacker.  Try focusing on the intended victims and how they might have lived if they had only been carrying a firearm.
Vid shows people about 15 feet from the attacker and they ran. Imagine a parent with their child who cannot run as fast.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 08:52:36 AM »
Vid shows people about 15 feet from the attacker and they ran. Imagine a parent with their child who cannot run as fast.

I can.  My heart is breaking about what happened.  One of the most happiest moments in my life right now is baby-sitting my 6 month old GREAT Grandson ;D  (yes, I got married very young.)

I keep thinking of the incident and I keep seeing my great grandsons smiling, beautiful face.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 05:25:03 PM »
I can.  My heart is breaking about what happened.  One of the most happiest moments in my life right now is baby-sitting my 6 month old GREAT Grandson ;D  (yes, I got married very young.)

I keep thinking of the incident and I keep seeing my great grandsons smiling, beautiful face.
And our lawmakers want u disarmed against a younger and stronger evil person.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 05:34:21 PM »
And our lawmakers want u disarmed against a younger and stronger evil person.

it's hard to justify the cost of all the federal and local law enforcement agencies if half the time they only get calls to report on the bad guy getting shot.  Those cases almost solve themselves. You know who shot him, and you have a good idea why. 

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 06:01:56 AM »
What my concern was, did happen. Mother gives her baby to a stranger and then gets stabbed and dies.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2024, 09:50:27 PM »

No, you miss my point. The whole reason that it is stupid to attack the statement that it would have been worse if the person had a gun is because that statement is demonstrably true. It is a fallacious position to take and it makes the person saying it look dishonest or stupid (or both) because you come of as denying something that is plainly true. A good response is not to mock the statement but to acknowledge it is true and explain why that despite the gun enabling someone to take more lives it can also enable someone to stop the life taking as well.

SWOOSH!

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2024, 08:07:20 AM »
No, you miss my point. The whole reason that it is stupid to attack the statement that it would have been worse if the person had a gun is because that statement is demonstrably true. It is a fallacious position to take and it makes the person saying it look dishonest or stupid (or both) because you come of as denying something that is plainly true. A good response is not to mock the statement but to acknowledge it is true and explain why that despite the gun enabling someone to take more lives it can also enable someone to stop the life taking as well.

SWOOSH!

If you/they wanna play that game, then if any of the victims had a gun, they could have stopped it in 2 seconds. And the wheel goes round and round and round.  This is why "if the attacker had a gun" is a stupid statement for anyone to make. It's a 1 sided anti 2a statement.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2024, 08:45:41 AM »
If you/they wanna play that game, then if any of the victims had a gun, they could have stopped it in 2 seconds. And the wheel goes round and round and round.  This is why "if the attacker had a gun" is a stupid statement for anyone to make. It's a 1 sided anti 2a statement.

You're repeating my point that he replied to.  It's a point he completely ignored as usual as he again repeats his point as if that makes it less wrong.

You can't teach a pig to sing ...

i... s it better because the attacker didn't have a gun, or is it worse because nobody else was allowed to have a gun?  How many lives could have been saved if only one law abiding person had a gun on them and stopped the attacker long before the police were called?

He wants to argue, and his hypothetical "it would have been worse" only works if evertyhing else remains the same.  He ignores the alternatives.

One-dimensional pontificating.  It is "demonstrably true" that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun.
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 08:58:53 AM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/04/23/court-docs-waianae-standoff-suspect-told-authorities-there-would-be-bloodshed-if-evicted/

New court documents revealed that the suspect in the hours-long standoff with police last week in Waianae warned there would be “bloodshed” if he was ever to be forced out of his home.

Howard Abraham, 50, made his initial appearance in court Monday on multiple attempted murder charges.

He’s been charged with three counts of first-degree attempted murder and one count of causing injury to a law enforcement animal.

New court documents said Abraham’s landlord asked him to move out last summer, then a judge ordered him to move in October.

But Abraham repeatedly told authorities that if anyone tried to force him out of his home, there would be “bloodshed.”

During the standoff last Thursday, Abraham allegedly shot an arrow toward a sheriff and stabbed an police K-9 dog.
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2024, 09:00:32 AM »

SWOOSH!

You offered no supporting information to demonstrate that statement as true.
Deeds Not Words

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2024, 09:14:07 PM »
You offered no supporting information to demonstrate that statement as true.

Do you think you could kill more people with a knife than a gun?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2024, 09:25:09 PM »
Do you think you could kill more people with a knife than a gun?

Are you assuming everyone else is unarmed -- i.e. not carrying a firearm?  Because in that case, knife or gun won't matter.  They'll be stopped at approximately the same body count if enough people are prepared.
-- Melvin Udall