Byrna (Read 421 times)

changemyoil66

Byrna
« on: May 02, 2024, 08:38:42 AM »
HHN had a story about Byrna HI is the #1 sales in the world for the item.  They sold over 5,000 since they opened 2 years ago.

They have a wall of letters/emails/reviews that were sent to them on how it protected someone.  I may go by to read this.

It's shows how sad HI is on crime that we became the #1 seller of the item in the world.  Or maybe since our CCW process is so hard, other state residents choose to carry a real gun instead.  I know of 1 gun store who supports these madda fakkas who set up the CCW policies.

QUIETShooter

Re: Byrna
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 10:50:11 AM »
I also tend to think the Byrna sales in Hawaii skyrocketed because of the current gun laws and how restrictive and retarded it is.  Basically making a legal law abiding gun owner a criminal by default.

Pepper spray, Byrna, Taser type defensive less lethal weapons would still make a hardcore criminal think about taking his chances of hurting or killing you.  Especially, due to the kumbaya policies of incarceration, catch and release practices of this liberal and miserable state, the asshat criminal has a gun.

I hope the individuals who purchased these less lethal weapons also train for the confrontational stresses that occur when subjected to these scenarios. 

Like firearms, just having them and knowing how to use them is not enough.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 11:07:37 AM »
I talked to a few people who either bought 1 or was thinking about buying one and the most common reply is they're getting this because they have a problem with taking someones life (buying a gun).  EVen though the person who they're using this on may try to take theirs.

A few others who don't have the same morals, said its easier to buy this than a gun.  Which makes me wonder, if HI made it easier to buy a gun, would be have less crime because vicitms would be able to fight back easier. When FL began issuing CCW"s they had a 10 year study on it's affect on crime. After about 5 years, they stopped it because crime fell exponentially year after year.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 11:10:41 AM »
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 11:23:33 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 11:50:02 AM »
I witnessed one fail at a LGS. It was left on the table and was charged. The back of the slide broke and a pin flew out and cracked a monitor a yard away.
Deeds Not Words

Wchiro

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 05:28:43 PM »
I witnessed one fail at a LGS. It was left on the table and was charged. The back of the slide broke and a pin flew out and cracked a monitor a yard away.

:wtf:  It's not supposed to be left charged!  Charge only when it's to be used then discharge the gas.  Then add new cylinder unpunctured for storage.  Yea it's probably a demo but still!

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 08:00:48 AM »
I would say the Byrna is good for home defense due to it's size.  And if someone has ethical issues with taking a life with a firearm.

But a big can of OC would be much cheaper and probably accomplish the same, regardless of it's range.