Public Service Announcement: Make Damn Sure Your Luggage is Ammo-Free (Read 506 times)

Flapp_Jackson

If traveling overseas no matter your final destination, make sure you have zero rounds of ammo OR SPENT CASINGS anywhere in your carry-on & checked bags.

The Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI), one of those well-known off-shore banking locations, has been cracking down on firearms there.  They now enforce a 12-year mandatory sentence for any firearm related crime -- and that includes accidentally leaving a live or spent round in the bottom of that backpack you took shooting.

More than a decade of your life wasted in a foreign cell and all because you accidentally overlooked contraband.

This is not the only banana republic that does this, but until recently, tourists were given a slap on the wrist fine and nothing else.  Not anymore.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

This is why my range bag isn't my bag I use to travel with.  I mean, is HI any different?  WIthout a CCW permit, it's illegal to have even 1 round of ammo on you/in your bag.  You will lose your 2A right for 20 years as well.

hvybarrels

Turks and Caicos literally translates to "pirate islands"
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

Turks and Caicos literally translates to "pirate islands"

The names refer to two separate groups of islands -- hence the conjunction "and":

The name Caico(s) is from the Lucayan caya hico, meaning 'string of islands'.

The Turks Islands are named after the Turk's cap cactus, Melocactus intortus,
whose red cephalium resembles the fez hat worn by Turks in the late Ottoman
Empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_and_Caicos_Islands

According to that article, the only thing 'piratey" is:
For several decades around the turn of the 18th century, the islands became
popular pirate hideouts.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

Okay then Pirates AND Islands

Is that better Mr Smarty Pants?

https://www.visittci.com/nature-and-history/history/pirates-in-the-turks-and-caicos
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

oldfart

Aka
Legalized kidnapping and extortion.
Expect to see more similar stories like this, even here in the United States. When times are hard, people use any excuse to get money. Legally or illegally.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

Aka
Legalized kidnapping and extortion.
Expect to see more similar stories like this, even here in the United States. When times are hard, people use any excuse to get money. Legally or illegally.

He broke that countries laws, they have no 2a.  The more concerning part is that it got thru USA TSA.  I remember seeing a study that TSA misses a lot of things.

Maybe TSA here doesn't care what leaves the country.  I'm part of a few Vegas FB groups and often people post about how they take pakalolo back to their state on the airline.  Pakalolo is legal in NV.

hvybarrels

It would be one thing if you were correct, but you’re both wrong and obnoxious

Flapp_Jackson

It would be one thing if you were correct, but you’re both wrong and obnoxious

Food fight!!!

:popcorn:    :stopjack:
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

Food fight!!!

:popcorn:    :stopjack:

Not fair I got hungry and disarmed myself

zippz

All this arguing is moot.  Biden will save you.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

Only if you're black and  lesbian, do you have the best chances.  If you're just black, then your chance decreases by 50%.  Good luck if you're white and straight.

Flapp_Jackson

Biden couldn't even save his staff from his own dogs.
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

Something everyone can agree on