Koko Head new procedures for making online reservations (Read 37460 times)

jc2721

Re: Koko Head new procedures for making online reservations
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
I just got back from the pistol range, the only thing I can add is this:

1.  they painted the bench and the seats--easier to disinfect.

2.  there's 3 relays per hour on the pistol side--I thought is was only 2 so I burned up most of my ammo during the first 2 relays,  :rofl:

2.  a couple of people showed up with no reservations and no understanding that they had to go online to make reservations.  ROs were very patient explaining the system to them
     and they could wait for a no show spot but they weren't given a "pass" for this morning--either wait or go home and make reservations.

3.  I was told that the "no parking on the grass" was just a cut and paste from another park's site--everyone was parked on the grass, the paved lot was completely empty.

4.  Traffic was very light, enjoy it while it lasts! :thumbsup:

jc2721

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
one more thing--at the pistol side they had a print out of each session's reservations.  I brought my "receipt" just in case but there seems to be no need for that.

zippz

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
Rifle range was rearranged a bit, an extra lane between tables.  They're reporting 1 or 2 no shows per hour.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

QUIETShooter

« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2020, 10:57:24 AM »
The old way was sign in and take wherever bench is open.  What does one do now?  Do they go to the range officers office to confirm your lane reservation?

Sort of like checking in to a Hotel? ;D

I'm glad though that so far whoever went experienced a good atmosphere considering the changes.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
The old way was sign in and take wherever bench is open.  What does one do now?  Do they go to the range officers office to confirm your lane reservation?

I'm glad though that so far whoever went experienced a good atmosphere considering the changes.

They will have your bench reserved by number, theyll tell you where to go

s15project

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2020, 11:05:13 AM »
Online sign ups for 6/14 (furthest out I see on the site) are closed and the appointment window was 6/3 at 12:00 pm until 6/4 at 11:59 pm.  Will we have to make appointments over a week ahead of time?  And once the appointment window closes that slot goes unused unless someone is waiting at the range on the chance there will be an available bench?

zippz

« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2020, 12:18:50 PM »
Mike says the team sports are opening up at Koko head park on the 19th, so club shoots should startup then or shortly after.  Awaiting word from the highers.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

wirecounter

« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2020, 01:05:23 PM »
Online sign ups for 6/14 (furthest out I see on the site) are closed and the appointment window was 6/3 at 12:00 pm until 6/4 at 11:59 pm.  Will we have to make appointments over a week ahead of time?  And once the appointment window closes that slot goes unused unless someone is waiting at the range on the chance there will be an available bench?

I noticed that too.  There were several available spaces on different days, but "Online Enrollment is closed!"   :wtf:

groveler

« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2020, 01:07:54 PM »
Rifle range was rearranged a bit, an extra lane between tables.  They're reporting 1 or 2 no shows per hour.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The last government  regulated rifle range I was on was military.
But since 1978 all my rifle ranges were private setups.
I have done private indoor pistol ranges.

How do you use those benches?  Storage Only?
Funny shape if so.
I'll never shoot at that facility but it looks alien
to any I've been to before.

justin1098

« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2020, 01:19:48 PM »
I noticed that too.  There were several available spaces on different days, but "Online Enrollment is closed!"   :wtf:

Hopefully this means they don't intend for this to be a permanent deal.

zippz

« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »

Shows some slots open for this afternoon.  Just go down early and try get in on standby.

zippz

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »
The last government  regulated rifle range I was on was military.
But since 1978 all my rifle ranges were private setups.
I have done private indoor pistol ranges.

How do you use those benches?  Storage Only?
Funny shape if so.
I'll never shoot at that facility but it looks alien
to any I've been to before.

It's for benchrest shooting, kinda out of fad nowadays like bullseye pistol.  They don't have any benchrest competitions for it.  People use it cause it's comfortable to shoot from or they put stuff on the table when shooting standing.  Benchrest shooting:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benchrest_shooting

Unfortunately vast majority of people only shoot from the table which is impractical when most shooting is done from the standing, kneeling, or prone in real life whether it's hunting, self-defense, precision rifle, or action shooting.

groveler

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2020, 02:40:31 PM »
It's for benchrest shooting, kinda out of fad nowadays like bullseye pistol.  They don't have any benchrest competitions for it.  People use it cause it's comfortable to shoot from or they put stuff on the table when shooting standing.  Benchrest shooting:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benchrest_shooting

Unfortunately vast majority of people only shoot from the table which is impractical when most shooting is done from the standing, kneeling, or prone in real life whether it's hunting, self-defense, precision rifle, or action shooting.

I could not make out the seats.
looked like storage.
Makes sense and it is old school.
Seen them but never used them.

Most guys have their own benches.
Or lay on the ground( like me).
Doesn't look like they'd allow that there
at your range.

Enjoy your range!
ThankX!

WTF?Shane

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2020, 03:13:49 PM »
Most guys have their own benches.
Or lay on the ground( like me).
Doesn't look like they'd allow that there
at your range.

Cannot do. They might think we're asleep, unconscious or dead. Also a safety hazard as people with mobility scooters may be blocked.

groveler

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
Cannot do. They might think we're asleep, unconscious or dead. Also a safety hazard as people with mobility scooters may be blocked.
You almost cost me a keyboard!

Jmoto808

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2020, 03:38:48 PM »
Mike says the team sports are opening up at Koko head park on the 19th, so club shoots should startup then or shortly after.  Awaiting word from the highers.

Did he mention anything abiut the range opening up to regular buisness on the 19th? Seems like they are going to be allowing 100 people in outdoor settings. So i hope he listens to that reccomendation.

powder monkey

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2020, 06:14:52 PM »

Why did you expect something different. Always have a good time there.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »
Why did you expect something different. Always have a good time there.

Glad to hear that.  It's just that prior to re-opening people posted not being too happy with the new procedures.  Just wanted to say that it's good it's working out to their satisfaction.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

jc2721

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2020, 05:19:50 AM »
Glad to hear that.  It's just that prior to re-opening people posted not being too happy with the new procedures.  Just wanted to say that it's good it's working out to their satisfaction.
Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.  Negativity, rumors, hostility, jumping to conclusions, rampant speculation, you name it.

zippz

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2020, 09:04:31 AM »
4 no shows out of 8 at 9am on the pistol side and only one person on standby.  Lots of slots getting wasted.