Sessions replaced (Read 6118 times)

punaperson

Sessions replaced
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »
I hope this guy goes after all the Obama criminals (Obama, Clinton, Holder, Lynch, Lerner, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc., etc., etc.).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matthew-whitaker-to-replace-jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-3-things-to-know

The way the Dems are whining and screaming I'm guessing they are fearful that he just might.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-dems-demand-whitaker-recusal-sound-alarm-after-sessions-resignation-this-is-a-break-the-glass-moment

Top Dems demand Whitaker recusal, sound alarm after Sessions' resignation: 'This is a break-the-glass moment'

changemyoil66

Re: Sessions replaced
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »
Sessions did nothing to go after the big fish. 
Hope the next guy does and ends the Russia probe. 

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
I hope this guy goes after all the Obama criminals (Obama, Clinton, Holder, Lynch, Lerner, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, etc., etc., etc.).

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/matthew-whitaker-to-replace-jeff-sessions-as-attorney-general-3-things-to-know

The way the Dems are whining and screaming I'm guessing they are fearful that he just might.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-dems-demand-whitaker-recusal-sound-alarm-after-sessions-resignation-this-is-a-break-the-glass-moment

Top Dems demand Whitaker recusal, sound alarm after Sessions' resignation: 'This is a break-the-glass moment'
It’s about time.  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »
Looks like Lindsey Graham is backing off of his earlier statement about Trump replacing Sessions.

I was not really a fan of Sessions so I am not losing any sleep over this but Trump's main gripe about Sessions was a crappy reason to justify firing him. It makes Trump look corrupt or it makes him look like he doesn't understand ethics.

I just hope the guy Trump picks has an eye for justice and not an eye for an agenda.... Not holding my breath though.

punaperson

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:27:43 PM »
I'm biased. I'm real biased. If you're biased like me, you will greatly enjoy this 8 minute rant from former federal prosecutor Joe DiGenova about Whitaker and the whole farce of Goodlatte et. al issuing subpoenas to Comey and Lynch NOW. What a fucking joke... but Joe puts it better...

Q

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
Looks like Lindsey Graham is backing off of his earlier statement about Trump replacing Sessions.

I was not really a fan of Sessions so I am not losing any sleep over this but Trump's main gripe about Sessions was a crappy reason to justify firing him. It makes Trump look corrupt or it makes him look like he doesn't understand ethics.

I just hope the guy Trump picks has an eye for justice and not an eye for an agenda.... Not holding my breath though.

Sessions was an asshat living in old world politics, attempting to restart the failed war on drugs so he can line up more inmates in the private prisons he's invested in.

With him and the other sessions gone, hopefully we see an end to the cannabis prohibition that is long overdue.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »
Sessions was an asshat living in old world politics, attempting to restart the failed war on drugs so he can line up more inmates in the private prisons he's invested in.

With him and the other sessions gone, hopefully we see an end to the cannabis prohibition that is long overdue.

I agree, he was a turd when it came to drugs.

Q

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 10:38:15 PM »
I agree, he was a turd when it came to drugs.

Define drugs lol

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 09:02:40 AM »

IIRC, no one has ever OD'd on MJ.  Nor is it a "gateway" drug, as in 1 joint doesn't instantly addict you like meth and other similar drugs.

Some say MJ was found to cure cancer in the 70's so Nixon quickly made it a schedule 1 (for big pharma).

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 11:37:11 AM »
IIRC, no one has ever OD'd on MJ.  Nor is it a "gateway" drug, as in 1 joint doesn't instantly addict you like meth and other similar drugs.

Some say MJ was found to cure cancer in the 70's so Nixon quickly made it a schedule 1 (for big pharma).

In states that recently legalized recreational pot, there's been a significant rise in accidents and traffic arrests involving driving while intoxicated (pot).

Pot has a different characteristic than alcohol when it comes to detoxification.  THC can stay in the body for weeks, and in cumulative amounts as the user regularly partakes.

An employer investigating an accident (such as the AMTRAK crash that killed worker) has a difficult job to do.  While alcohol will not be present a day later in most people, the people running drug tests can't tell if the individual smoked 3 weeks or 3 minutes prior to the accident.  Most companies which require piss tests for employment can still fire you for smoking pot even if it's legal. Reconciling pot use on the employee's time versus working while impaired is not something the employer should be forced to do. They have a duty to ensure a safe, drug-free workplace, especially for jobs that involve public safety.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/316355-amtrak-engineer-in-deadly-crash-tested-positive-for-marijuana

The train engineer in a deadly Amtrak crash that killed two workers near Philadelphia last year tested positive
for marijuana, according to documents released Thursday by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).

The 47-year-old engineer reportedly had traces of the substance in his blood and urine when the train he was
operating struck a piece of construction equipment parked on the tracks south of Philadelphia.

The train derailed, killing two employees who were working on the track bed and injuring dozens of passengers.
The locomotive was going 106 mph in an area where the speed limit was 110 mph.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Q

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 11:19:10 PM »
In states that recently legalized recreational pot, there's been a significant rise in accidents and traffic arrests involving driving while intoxicated (pot).

Pot has a different characteristic than alcohol when it comes to detoxification.  THC can stay in the body for weeks, and in cumulative amounts as the user regularly partakes.

An employer investigating an accident (such as the AMTRAK crash that killed worker) has a difficult job to do.  While alcohol will not be present a day later in most people, the people running drug tests can't tell if the individual smoked 3 weeks or 3 minutes prior to the accident.  Most companies which require piss tests for employment can still fire you for smoking pot even if it's legal. Reconciling pot use on the employee's time versus working while impaired is not something the employer should be forced to do. They have a duty to ensure a safe, drug-free workplace, especially for jobs that involve public safety.

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/316355-amtrak-engineer-in-deadly-crash-tested-positive-for-marijuana

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

No one believes this fake news propaganda about the dangers of cannabis anymore.

You might as well post a video of reefer madness to convey your obvious ignorance on this subject.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

No one believes this fake news propaganda about the dangers of cannabis anymore.

You might as well post a video of reefer madness to convey your obvious ignorance on this subject.

"No one believes...?"  So, you speak for everyone now?

If you want to deny the real-world consequences of drug use, that's your choice. Calling factual reports and today's drug-free employment environment "fake news propaganda" is just stupid.
-- Melvin Udall

Trumper

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
Can you own firearms and use marijuana in Hawaii?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 06:43:36 PM »

Not legally.
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »

Nowhere in the US,
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Q

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 12:58:19 AM »
"No one believes...?"  So, you speak for everyone now?

If you want to deny the real-world consequences of drug use, that's your choice. Calling factual reports and today's drug-free employment environment "fake news propaganda" is just stupid.

Yeah,  i speak on behalf of science and actual research, not bullshit propaganda. You pull up one article with speculative information, and you call it a factual report; sounds pretty stupid to me. I'm sure youre probably going to google articles for the next 2 hours to justify your point, all while ignoring the overwhelming evidence that cannabis prohibition is one of the dumbest policies currently in existence.

And real world consequences? You mean like the failed war on drugs that empowered organizations like the cartels because of policies like the prohibition of cannabis?

Damn doug, your stupidity and ignorance is baffling sometimes. You constantly try to one up everyone  by googling random articles and act like an expert,  but you really don't know anything.

If you want to keep going with your anti-cannabis idiocy, 
 seriously do some research on the history of cannabis and why ut was actually criminalized before you continue to spew more nonsense.

Real world consequences... gtfoh

Trumper

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
Yeah,  i speak on behalf of science and actual research, not bullshit propaganda. You pull up one article with speculative information, and you call it a factual report; sounds pretty stupid to me. I'm sure youre probably going to google articles for the next 2 hours to justify your point, all while ignoring the overwhelming evidence that cannabis prohibition is one of the dumbest policies currently in existence.

And real world consequences? You mean like the failed war on drugs that empowered organizations like the cartels because of policies like the prohibition of cannabis?

Damn doug, your stupidity and ignorance is baffling sometimes. You constantly try to one up everyone  by googling random articles and act like an expert,  but you really don't know anything.

seriously do some research on the history of cannabis and why ut was actually criminalized before you continue to spew more nonsense.

Do you use marijuana?

aieahound

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »
Can't smoke weed and own a gun......
But you can be in the Choom Gang and be President.  :crazy:

I would've thought President Choom would guaranteed decriminalize marijuana as it was such a big part of his youth and formative years.
As least Clinton never inhaled.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:30:49 PM by aieahound »

Q

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »
Do you use marijuana?

Not anymore, because i voluntarily ended my participation in the Hawaii 429 program when I was informed that I would be stripped of my constitutional rights due to my participation in the program.

The irony of that is the justification for not being able to obtain firearms in Hawaii while participating in the program is because of federal prohibition,  yet the program itself is in violation of federal prohibition, so it goes to show how government can utilize federal prohibition of a natural medicine that works,  in order to strip people of their constitutional rights.

I never used cannabis before the program at any time in my life,  and haven't used it since I withdrew from the program. I did not get addicted to cannabis, nor did it serve as a "gateway drug" to other substances.

P.S.: The correct terminology for the plant is cannabis. Marijuana is a racial based propaganda term created and applied to cannabis to help push the illegalization of the plant on a federal level, along with other racially prejudicial propaganda centered around its use being associated with the African American and Latino communities, all of which had actually nothing to do with the olant's psychoactive uses, but rather its industrial uses and applications. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:28:41 PM by Q »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 02:07:42 AM »

Are you pissed about something else? Because what you claim I'm saying is completely off base.

I didn't say one word about being against pot or drugs.  All I did was post facts about the CONSEQUENCES you could face, whether it's employment or law enforcement related.

Safety is a concern with any legalized drug, just like alcohol. You can't truthfully say society is safer with recreational alcohol use, can you?

I grew up in a family with alcohol problems, and I lost my wife over her addictions.  I think I have a more than casual acquaintance with the consequences associated with abuse of LEGAL drugs and alcohol.  You'll never be able to support a position that pot is/will be different.

So, go ahead and throw a childish tantrum.  I really don;t care.  You can't convince me that recreational use of any drug is 100% risk free.  The risks I listed are primarily societal, but you go ahead and pretend I was talking about something else. 

Maybe you should put down the keyboard and read more closely before banging out another attack reply..
-- Melvin Udall