Hiker knowingly broke the law and trespassed...what if this was your property? (Read 2520 times)

ren

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37609901/injured-visitor-believes-kaneohe-homeowner-set-booby-trap-to-deter-hikers-from-haiku-stairs

This is the root problem today. A national "Ainokea" attitude. He admits to his law breaking.

McWillie, who is a photographer, said he was willing to pay the fine if he was caught because his trip was based around the hike.
"If I got caught by police and was issued a trespassing violation … I was fully willing to pay that," he said. "Obviously, it wasn't something I was willing to pay with my life."
McWillie added that he believes the homemade apparatus does more harm than good and is considering taking legal action.
“If you're putting up nails, booby traps on your fence, it's not gonna deter someone who has flown six hours to get there," he said. "You're already getting up at 1 in the morning to start this hike. I don't really think there's a deterrent there. All it's going to do is injure many more, or kill someone potentially."

No respect what so ever.
Deeds Not Words

stangzilla

I did this hike years ago.  you can access the hike without trespassing in someone's property.  there are areas between homes to get there.
don't know why some people need to trespass on private land for this hike.
but I will never do it again.  its dangerous! 

hvybarrels

And that Ladies and Gentlemen is your culture of entitlement hard at work!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

HPD APPROVED ...

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

And that Ladies and Gentlemen is your culture of entitlement hard at work!

Medals for everyone!  You’re all special just for participating!   ???
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

aieahound

Did you guys watch the video?

Can anyone say Open and Obvious?
It's not like the homeowner had a bungee pit covered with leaves.
He basically put the equivalent of home made barbed wire on a huge box above the wall.
If that doesn't say "Don't Trespass" I don't know what will.

Unfortunately you can still try to sue in this State for being a dumb criminal.  :wtf:

ren

Did you guys watch the video?

Can anyone say Open and Obvious?
It's not like the homeowner had a bungee pit covered with leaves.
He basically put the equivalent of home made barbed wire on a huge box above the wall.
If that doesn't say "Don't Trespass" I don't know what will.

Unfortunately you can still try to sue in this State for being a dumb criminal.  :wtf:

I'd interpret it as a work of art. The homeowner was exercising their 1st amendment rights on their piece of property and this entitled SJW tried to take it down - because TRIGGERED!
Deeds Not Words

Teichi

The trespasser said he was willing to pay a fine. I think they should capitalize on this. Think of all the revenue they would generate.

I would have 2 officers assigned in plain clothes alternately going to different illegal trails to write citations for trespassers. Repeat offenders will get increasing fines up to the stated $2500.

Koko Head is not a sanctioned trail and you can't charge a fee, but if they pay a fine for illegally using it, they would generate thousands a day.

"Are you hiking up Koko Head today? That's illegal and I'll have to write you a citation and fine you $5 payable by cash or credit card now or by later mail."

It would the next Youtube Challenge.