Beginner shooter class recomendations? (Read 1363 times)

eyeeatingfish

Beginner shooter class recomendations?
« on: July 25, 2023, 11:29:01 PM »
Looking for suggestions for where the wife could go to take a basic firearms course. I know a bunch of different people and groups offer the classes but looking to see people's recommendations.
Not looking for a real tactical one, just a class that is a solid foundation for someone not that interested in shooting.

aletheuo137

Re: Beginner shooter class recomendations?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 05:42:17 AM »
Rocky does a very excellent NRA basic pistol course with handling different types of firearms!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
Looking for suggestions for where the wife could go to take a basic firearms course. I know a bunch of different people and groups offer the classes but looking to see people's recommendations.
Not looking for a real tactical one, just a class that is a solid foundation for someone not that interested in shooting.
What are you looking for?  Basic handgun and/or rifle shooting?  Into to firearms and live fire in general?  While not tactical, there are a lot of foundational and basic courses available to those who never shot a firearm before.

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 09:27:49 AM »
Rocky does a very excellent NRA basic pistol course with handling different types of firearms!

:love:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 10:34:25 PM »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 10:36:01 PM »
What are you looking for?  Basic handgun and/or rifle shooting?  Into to firearms and live fire in general?  While not tactical, there are a lot of foundational and basic courses available to those who never shot a firearm before.

Basic handgun I am thinking. My wife is not into guns but I want her to be a little more knowledgeable since I have so many. I was thinking maybe get a bunch of her friends or some ladies at church to join in as well. Maybe something tailored a little more towards women.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 08:11:59 AM »
Basic handgun I am thinking. My wife is not into guns but I want her to be a little more knowledgeable since I have so many. I was thinking maybe get a bunch of her friends or some ladies at church to join in as well. Maybe something tailored a little more towards women.

Maybe you should start by defining what a woman is.  Are you going to include trans-women?

#Tolerance

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 09:15:26 AM »
I meant intro to handguns.

Half serious and half in jest, why don’t you teach her yourself?

Maybe CMO can help. He knows some folks who have participated in and done women only classes.

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 01:46:25 PM »

Maybe CMO can help. He knows some folks who have participated in and done women only classes.
The person doing the womens only class moved mainland. Bows n Bullets.

Often, spouses/bf's, etc...dont make the best teachers. This goes with other stuff as well.

Mrs cmo did a figure comp and her trainer had her do all the exercises and rep ranges that ive been telling her for years. It takes an outsided to get the message thru.

I would say have a mutual friend teach, cause even if u send her to a professional, its still u sending her to someone. Compared to she picks the professional or a friend.

A few women showed up to the "bows n bullets" class with gucci guns their husbands bought for them. None liked or appreciated the guns. Let them chose their own.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 03:00:03 PM »

Often, spouses/bf's, etc...dont make the best teachers. This goes with other stuff as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
No kidding… half swoosh for you

Seriously, yeah. That’s why in the class that I used to volunteer for, they are often split up. I’ve had so many couples where one s/o after tell me “I’ve told her the same thing so many times”.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2023, 03:14:02 PM »

Not sure if you are married but I have noticed a trend that men trying to teach their wives things doesn't often end well... She doesn't read this forum.... that I know of but still better to leave out specifics  ;D

Much easier to just shell out $150 to have someone else do it.

aletheuo137

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2023, 05:30:50 PM »
Once again, Rocky has an excellent NRA basic pistol course!

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk