Sten/Sterling mags in Hawaii? (Read 1120 times)

mangosteenqueen

Sten/Sterling mags in Hawaii?
« on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:53 PM »
I’m not too knowledgeable on pistol caliber carbine mags in Hawaii, but is it possible to get the standard capacity mags for the Sten and the Sterling 9mm? I’m thinking about doing a build with a (16” barrel) down the road but that depends on whether I can get the standard capacity mags or not.
Is there a website that can ship them here?  Is it a special order kind of thing at the local FFL? Or does the 10 round limit apply to pistol cal carbines too?

tim808

Re: Sten/Sterling mags in Hawaii?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:30:24 PM »
I think it would be okay to get the hi cap mags as long as no pistol is sold here that can use them

I know people with Suomi drums.  Ak and Ar drums are also sold here.   No pistols are here that can use those drums.   Hpd has you modify AR pistols so the mag is not removable

Disclaimer:  I’m not an expert on firearm laws

Side note - when I move to the mainland I’m getting a ruger pc9 that looks like a Suomi/ppsh just for its looks

mangosteenqueen

Re: Sten/Sterling mags in Hawaii?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:53:39 PM »
Yeah my local shop sells colt-style 30 round 9mm straight body mags and some others. I just can’t seem to find any place online that ships non neutered sterling or Sten mags to Hawaii.
Unless someone knows where I can order some, I’ll just special order them through my local FFL