Log of Hawaii armed crimes/events (Read 204475 times)

GZire

Re: Log of Hawaii armed crimes/events
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »

How could the LEO's deter or prevent it if they had no knowledge of the situation? People need to be proactive sometimes. It's true, that you shouldn't rely on the Police to save you. The girlfriend should have gotten a TRO when he was arrested for the abuse. That's what the 24 hour warning citation was issued for. When he showed up to the house, Police should have been called immediately.

Interesting use of the word "transferred". That's implying that the gun was legally registered.
Deter/prevent - there was enough time for a call (although we don't know if one was made or not) to the LEO's, however the big clue is "The rifle was registered to a man who acquired it in 2011 and told Molokai police that he had transferred the rifle to Lavoie shortly afterward."  Unless the original buyer is lying the LEO's knew that the guy had illegally acquired the long gun.

This issue was brought up only several days ago here, how most think (as did I) that unless specifically going after some person, the LEO's generally do not go out and try to seize firearms from people.  Same thing goes for checking that people are registering firearms within the alloted time frame per HRS.

Nihonjin

« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
 :)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:31:06 AM by Nihonjin »

ren

Deeds Not Words

ren

Deeds Not Words

GZire

« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
I highly doubt that Police were called prior. According to media reports, Lavoie entered the house, and was speaking to Kahalewai for approximately 30 minutes before they went outside.

By the media stating the firearm was "transferred" implies that it was legally registered to Lavoie. I highly doubt that was the case. Background checks when applying for a permit to acquire would show that he was a convicted felon.

Also to further back up what you said about criminals will get firearms no matter what. If Police were going to seize any firearms from Lavoie because of an abuse, TRO, etc, they would have no knowledge of it, because there would be no firearms registered to him. You can only seize what you know is there. Unless it was reported by someone that he was in possession of firearms, or if they were in plain view, how would Police be able to seize any?

All valid points.  We'll need to wait until the heresay has been weeded through and we know what actually happened with the rifle.

ren

Deeds Not Words

Heavies

« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
So the guy was running. Yelling for help. 911 was called. Yet the guys gets murdered.   Well mr. Prosecutor. I guess 911 wont help you when you really need it. 

WTF is going on with Oahu nowdays. This big city crime is starting to get heavy. We need to secure CCW soon, lest the libertards turn this place into a chicago or dc warzone. 

mykdebauch

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
So the guy was running. Yelling for help. 911 was called. Yet the guys gets murdered.   Well mr. Prosecutor. I guess 911 wont help you when you really need it. 

WTF is going on with Oahu nowdays. This big city crime is starting to get heavy. We need to secure CCW soon, lest the libertards turn this place into a chicago or dc warzone.

agreed. CCW FTW

bass monkey

« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2013, 01:03:40 AM »

If I was this guy I would have taken my chances and ran onto the freeway. Well lit. More traffic. Hopefully more people around.  Might get bang, but thats the chance I would take.

My sister was also telling me about another incident a few weeks back where an old man got beat up at the bus stop of hoftailing and bertania, the block before farrington high school. Possibly same group of people doing this.

one2boost

« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
I just read through this thread and noticed all the links provided lead to various news agencies.  I am sure more of these never make it to the newspapers and tv newscasts.  Is there a website where one could get all the statistics?  Everything from the whole state to each county, firearm use, knife/sword use, other weapons used, no weapons used, gender, on or off drug/alcohol use, etc...  I am just curious.  I just want to throw something back to politicians who are trying to take the 2A away from law abiding people.

Kanakamaoli23

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
did anybody see that just today a road raged motorcyclist pulled out his handgun and shot a few rounds into the ground in nalo and then fled. one was caught in kailua. other two still on the loose.

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
did anybody see that just today a road raged motorcyclist pulled out his handgun and shot a few rounds into the ground in nalo and then fled. one was caught in kailua. other two still on the loose.

The news item:    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23284382/two-motorcyclists-on-the-loose-after-confrontation-along-h-3-freeway

What is strange, the woman driving alone on H-3, gets into a confrontation with the 3 bikers, then FOLLOWS THE BIKERS AND CALLS FOR FAMILY TO MEET HER.  They confront the bikers in Waimanalo at Kalanianaole.  That's when the one biker fired 2 shots into the ground.

This is so reminiscent of Deedy and Elderts.  The woman had every opportunity to call 9-1-1 or just leave.  Instead, she confronted the bikers WITH A GANG OF FAMILY (according to the news).  People need to learn, you might be mad as hell, but fighting is NOT going to solve anything.  This group ran into a man with a gun.  They probably thought they could just beat the bikers up and call it a day.  Instead, they ran into a situation where they could have been killed -- quite possible in self defense since she followed then and called for "backup". 

It will be interesting to hear what started this circus, but the guy with the gun better be off duty HPD or on his way to Koko Head Range!!    :crazy:      :geekdanc:      :crazy:      :geekdanc:
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Dolomite

Q

« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2013, 12:52:59 AM »
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:21:54 AM by Q »

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
HPD officer struck after attempted murder on N. School St.
September 1, 2013

Officers were sent to the scene where they found about 50 people fighting on the street. Police discovered that a 21-year-old man had been stabbed and another man, 25, had sustained a puncture wound to his shoulder.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23312758/hpd-officer-struck-to-the-head-after-stabbing
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Kingkeoni

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »
The news item:    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23284382/two-motorcyclists-on-the-loose-after-confrontation-along-h-3-freeway

What is strange, the woman driving alone on H-3, gets into a confrontation with the 3 bikers, then FOLLOWS THE BIKERS AND CALLS FOR FAMILY TO MEET HER.  They confront the bikers in Waimanalo at Kalanianaole.  That's when the one biker fired 2 shots into the ground.

This is so reminiscent of Deedy and Elderts.   Not even in the same ballpark The woman had every opportunity to call 9-1-1 or just leave.  Instead, she confronted the bikers WITH A GANG OF FAMILY (according to the news).  People need to learn, you might be mad as hell, but fighting is NOT going to solve anything.  This group ran into a man with a gun.  They probably thought they could just beat the bikers up and call it a day.  Instead, they ran into a situation where they could have been killed -- quite possible in self defense since she followed then and called for "backup". 

It will be interesting to hear what started this circus, but the guy with the gun better be off duty HPD or on his way to Koko Head Range!!    :crazy:      :geekdanc:      :crazy:      :geekdanc:

If this occurred on the mainland in any of the free states, the biker could have shot dead the punks that tried to mob him and walk ride away.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

dirsh

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

Bota-CS1

No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Bota-CS1

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Bota-CS1