Calling Kaiser members that have had problems obtaining firearms permits (Read 51012 times)

GlockNewb

Re: Calling Kaiser members that have had problems obtaining firearms permits
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
UPDATE: The doctor we had made arrangements with to do the clearance exams has now decided NOT to do them. I'll make another post if we can find another doctor to do these exams....

Any updates on a new doctor who'll do our examinations? I'm attempting to get my handgun permit tomorrow and I'd like to do as much preemptive work as I can.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

troy

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
I AM A KAISER MEMBER AND I AM VERY FRUSTRADED CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHO I CAN GO TO SO I CAN GET MY PERMIT. I NEED TO DO A ASSESMENT. IS THERE A CERTAIN DOCTOR WE GO TO? AN HOW MUCH IS IT?

ren

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
I AM A KAISER MEMBER AND I AM VERY FRUSTRADED CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHO I CAN GO TO SO I CAN GET MY PERMIT. I NEED TO DO A ASSESMENT. IS THERE A CERTAIN DOCTOR WE GO TO? AN HOW MUCH IS IT?
Stop screaming and spell correctly
Deeds Not Words

mauidog

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 06:42:54 PM »
Stop screaming and spell correctly

Wow!  It's the guy's first post, and that's how you greet him?

Where's the aloha?   :shaka:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Inspector

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
I would suggest you call the lawyer who is representing those of us who have Kaiser and Straub.

You can check out this thread for more information:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=20866.0

Good luck and welcome to the forum! BTW, it is considered impolite to use all caps when typing a post.  :shaka:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

troy

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
  IF ANYONE CAN PLASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DOCTOR IS AVALABLE TO DO AN MANTAL HEALTH ASSESMENT. I NEED ONE TO BE DONE BEFORE HPD DENIES MY PERMIT. I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS AGAIN. :shaka:

paka808

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 10:07:04 PM »
  IF ANYONE CAN PLASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DOCTOR IS AVALABLE TO DO AN MANTAL HEALTH ASSESMENT. I NEED ONE TO BE DONE BEFORE HPD DENIES MY PERMIT. I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS AGAIN. :shaka:
TAKE A LOOK AT INSPECTORS POST!!!!!

dogman

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »
TAKE A LOOK AT INSPECTORS POST!!!!!
shhhhhhhhhh...keep it down guys :sleeping:

Q

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »

But to answer your question:

Look at Inspector's post above.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »

No doctor in Hawaii can do a mantal health assessment.
You would need a carpenter for that.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

troy

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »
Wow!  It's the guy's first post, and that's how you greet him?

Where's the aloha?   :shaka:
Thanks mauidog. but sorry guys if I offended any one. Just need some answers

troy

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »
I would suggest you call the lawyer who is representing those of us who have Kaiser and Straub.

You can check out this thread for more information:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=20866.0

Good luck and welcome to the forum! BTW, it is considered impolite to use all caps when typing a post.  :shaka:
Sorry inspector....just need answers....and I am getting the run around from both sides blaming each other

Inspector

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 08:03:24 PM »
Sorry inspector....just need answers....and I am getting the run around from both sides blaming each other
NP Troy. I feel your pain. I cannot buy/register any guns now until this situation is solved.

It is hard to tell which side is telling the truth. Though I think Kaiser is the one that changed the way they handle requests. On the other hand there is a rumor that it is someone in HPD that is causing this problem.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

wolfwood

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »
We need more people so please keep calling.  This type of case we want to have multiple plaintiffs in case the City tries something funny. 

-Alan Beck
Please add my business facebook page if you are interested in my litigation
https://www.facebook.com/ABeckLaw/

troy

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 08:31:31 PM »
Hey everyone. I got some good news. They resolved the situation with Kaiser. You can now get your permit as long as you have not seen the Mental Health Doctor as a client. I got the news today so I did my application and everything went well so I will be picking up my permit on the 11th of January.

pitoboy

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2015, 06:04:17 PM »
Hey everyone. I got some good news. They resolved the situation with Kaiser. You can now get your permit as long as you have not seen the Mental Health Doctor as a client. I got the news today so I did my application and everything went well so I will be picking up my permit on the 11th of January.
So what process did you have to go thru? Did you still need the extra clearance letter written verbatim for hpd? Or did you just have to reapply?  Thanks.

troy

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:57 PM »
So what process did you have to go thru? Did you still need the extra clearance letter written verbatim for hpd? Or did you just have to reapply?  Thanks.
I just went in and reapply. No extra paper work needed. I just did the required paper work.

pitoboy

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
I just went in and reapply. No extra paper work needed. I just did the required paper work.
NICE!!! so stoked to hear that. This situation was soo bullshit. To the firearms department I go lol thanks for the info bro.

kf2num

I'm having issues with Kaiser. I made a thread about it here: https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=31450.0

kptheplatypus

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »

First of all, you need to learn to use Google. Kaiser and the VA alike probably have some sort of policy against doing firearm clearance paperwork. It's gonna cost you out of pocket, as it does most of us, but if a gun is important enough to you, just consider it a personal investment into your safety, rights, etc. Go online and find a doctor. I forget his name, but he and his associates are psychologists in Honolulu that do firearm and medicinal marijuana card exams. Costs about $300 but the call takes about 10 minutes and your paperwork with original signature (or copy which is fine for HPD) is available that same day. Work smarter not harder and don't fall victim to the state's moronic policies to discourage citizens from keeping and bearing arms.
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society