Prime Sports Hawaii (Read 20465 times)

ren

Re: Prime Sports Hawaii
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 09:22:50 PM »
Oh no Inspector. You just let the cat out of the bag. Now everyone knows where we get the good 22 ammo from. Lol

This is the kind of attitude I despise. Keep info to yourself. That's fine. I wouldn't want to support a business that only deals with their inner circle or clique. Especially in this day of information ubiquity.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 09:34:45 PM »
This is the kind of attitude I despise. Keep info to yourself. That's fine. I wouldn't want to support a business that only deals with their inner circle or clique. Especially in this day of information ubiquity.

it's a joke, son, a JOKE
 :shaka:

ren

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 10:00:58 PM »
it's a joke, son, a JOKE

go play in traffic with a toothbrush in yo mouf!
Deeds Not Words

beekeeping1341

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 06:07:06 PM »
Alright y'all.

The only two gunshops I go to are SEC and prime sports. I go to SEC to buy handguns, because they are a blue label dealer and they had a really nicely priced spo1. I go to prime sports for the accessories to the firearms I buy. They usually have great prices on Glock components. I've bought anything from night sights to magwells from them and the main guy and his friends/coworkers/?? Are always friendly too. If you ever want to mod your pistols prime sports is the way to go. They can also stipple frames and mill slides etc. So while prime sports may not have a large inventory, they are great with aftermarket support. This is my experience anyhow.
I sure as hell don't need a permit to choose my religion, so why the hell do I need a permit to acquire a firearm?

Inspector

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »
Speaking of Prime Sports I just stopped in there on my way home from work. Lots of powder in stock including a new one I want to try. I picked up a couple of bottles and there were 3 bottles left. Also there were a couple of bottles of 300 BLK left if anyone is interested. I also saw Titegroup, Varget, H335 and I4350 to name a few.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rklapp

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 08:31:52 PM »
it's a joke, son, a JOKE
You can only obtain the secret powder knowledge after learning the secret handshake.

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

esk808

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »

PSH has always been a welcome place.  Give them another try.

Henry gave me a great price on Eley 22 bricks last week..................

Prices hard to beat at PSH.

esk808

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »
I think Henry understands that there are a lot of shooters who are looking for target/match grade ammo at a reasonable
price. 

Me?  I shoot a lot of factory 9mm and 45acp, and when the price of 22LR ammo starts hitting centerfire ammo prices like
$220 per 1000 for 9mm or $400 per 1000 for 45acp, I get turned off by these high 22 prices.  High 22 prices kill the fun of
inexpensive shooting.....   

Most gun shops carry only a limited supply of these types of ammo, and I think Henry is trying to bring in the medium
priced target/match grade 22LRs like SK+, Eley Target, etc., while also bringing in the value ammo such as CCI SV and bulk packs.

Now, I wish Henry brought in some Wolf 22LR, SK+, RWS .........................

Anyone else have wishes for 22 ammo?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:27:09 PM by esk808 »

rklapp

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »
When I was figuring out reloading last year, I was told to ask Henry. When I went to the store, I was disappointed with the lack of reloading supplies (unlike WGS). Henry was busy with a large ammo order for someone so I didn't ask.

To me there's three reasons to visit a LGS: powder, primers, and FFL. I did partake in the CFEBLK that Henry was selling the other month.

London, you should probably avoid HGS. Parking is slim and the store is smaller but Eugene has an awesome selection and price of powders. SEC is still the best place to get primers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:51:42 AM by rklapp »

Inspector

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
I think Henry understands that there are a lot of shooters who are looking for target/match grade ammo at a reasonable
price. 

Me?  I shoot a lot of factory 9mm and 45acp, and when the price of 22LR ammo starts hitting centerfire ammo prices like
$220 per 1000 for 9mm or $400 per 1000 for 45acp, I get turned off by these high 22 prices.  High 22 prices kill the fun of
inexpensive shooting.....   

Most gun shops carry only a limited supply of these types of ammo, and I think Henry is trying to bring in the medium
priced target/match grade 22LRs like SK+, Eley Target, etc., while also bringing in the value ammo such as CCI SV and bulk packs.

Now, I wish Henry brought in some Wolf 22LR, SK+, RWS .........................

Anyone else have wishes for 22 ammo?
Henry has been very good about ordering just about anything I want. While I really don't need anything at the moment I did buy some of that Eley Target he has when I stopped in recently. And if he brings in some different high end .22 like RWS, I will probably buy that as well. I have already bought Norma, SK+ and Rifle Match from him as well as around 20lbs of powder, 12k primers and a couple of guns. I have purchased numerous other items from him as well. Prime Sports is also sort of a home away from home for me. I still support YG's, SEC and occasionally WGS. I need to stop into HGS one day and visit Eugene.

esk808

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 01:38:36 AM »
Henry has been very good about ordering just about anything I want. While I really don't need anything at the moment I did buy some of that Eley Target he has when I stopped in recently. And if he brings in some different high end .22 like RWS, I will probably buy that as well. I have already bought Norma, SK+ and Rifle Match from him as well as around 20lbs of powder, 12k primers and a couple of guns. I have purchased numerous other items from him as well. Prime Sports is also sort of a home away from home for me. I still support YG's, SEC and occasionally WGS. I need to stop into HGS one day and visit Eugene.

Roger.   :D

drck1000

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 07:23:30 AM »
I'm looking to diversify a little myself, particularly on ammo.  I haven't bought much directly related to guns lately (guns, gun accessories, gun parts) from LGS, but I will regularly buy ammo.  Caught some "heat" from someone at a LGS the other weak.  Yeah, I get your store policy and get your right to change it, but when it clearly states one thing on your website and applied differently in practice, yeah, I'm going to notice.  Then try to comment on "how I'm not listening to what you're saying" when you're still stuck on how you're right when you can't get that the state policy is not up-to-date, mmmkay.  I can always take my business elsewhere, even if it means spending more.  I will always appreciate good pricing, but treat me like that, I have NO problems going elsewhere. 

Sorry.  Just venting. 

Inspector

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
I'm looking to diversify a little myself, particularly on ammo.  I haven't bought much directly related to guns lately (guns, gun accessories, gun parts) from LGS, but I will regularly buy ammo.  Caught some "heat" from someone at a LGS the other weak.  Yeah, I get your store policy and get your right to change it, but when it clearly states one thing on your website and applied differently in practice, yeah, I'm going to notice.  Then try to comment on "how I'm not listening to what you're saying" when you're still stuck on how you're right when you can't get that the state policy is not up-to-date, mmmkay.  I can always take my business elsewhere, even if it means spending more.  I will always appreciate good pricing, but treat me like that, I have NO problems going elsewhere. 

Sorry.  Just venting.
I assume this was at some other LGS (Not Prime Sports)?

I am with you. Some shop best price only. They will buy from whatever LGS sells for less. No matter what the customer service is like. And that's okay. But I prefer to give my money to those LGS that I feel deserve my $ even if it means I pay a little more. A couple of bucks here or there is not going to break me.

drck1000

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
I assume this was at some other LGS (Not Prime Sports)?

I am with you. Some shop best price only. They will buy from whatever LGS sells for less. No matter what the customer service is like. And that's okay. But I prefer to give my money to those LGS that I feel deserve my $ even if it means I pay a little more. A couple of bucks here or there is not going to break me.
Dammit. . . can't blame spell check on that one.  At least I don't think.   :oops: :grrr:

I mean I appreciate good pricing and bottom line does speak loudly to me.  However, don't treat me like crap and I've been a really good customer over the years.  This was just one person and not the owner.  Doesn't make it right, but I would give them more slack.  I've heard this "know-it-all" go on and on about stuff, talking down to people, but never to me.  At least until last WEEK. 

rklapp

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »
What's weak this week...

OTOH, we're not easy customers to deal with. It takes a certain kind of person to try and sell us stuff day after day. You can see it in their eyes when you walk around the Gun Show, especially during lunch time when the aisles clear up.

oldfart

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
What's weak this week...

OTOH, we're not easy customers to deal with. It takes a certain kind of person to try and sell us stuff day after day. You can see it in their eyes when you walk around the Gun Show, especially during lunch time when the aisles clear up.
=================
when I used to sell at the gun shows, I learned to pack a bottle of Tylenol with my stuff because I would always have a headache from engaging people for hours on end.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Retail sales in general isn't easy.  Especially nowadays with online vendors, money being tight, and people always looking to feel like they are being treated special.  I worked in a family retail shop when I was in HS and a little while in college and while it was fun, you definitely have "those customers". 

While that experience has made me more understanding of those who choose to work in retail, there's NO excuse for disrespecting your customers.  Yeah, you are probably right in principle, but in my case, they weren't following their written policy as stated on their website.  It's not like I was trying to be difficult or anything like that.  I was ok with the whole situation until the person in the shop tried to make a point that he was "technically" right and they have a right to charge that price.  Well, you have every right to do so, but you should clean up your stated policy. 

In general, when I go into a LGS, I know exactly what I want.  While I do occasionally look around, check things out, etc, it's not that often.  I am respectful that their time is valuable.  That said, see how far you get without customers.   

Prime Sports

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »
Dammit. . . can't blame spell check on that one.  At least I don't think.   :oops: :grrr:

I mean I appreciate good pricing and bottom line does speak loudly to me.  However, don't treat me like crap and I've been a really good customer over the years.  This was just one person and not the owner.  Doesn't make it right, but I would give them more slack.  I've heard this "know-it-all" go on and on about stuff, talking down to people, but never to me.  At least until last WEEK.

Sorry to hear that you had a hard time but was this at my store? I try to be accommodating to all that come in.  We have a bunch of customers that hang around like the old WGS location. They can be brash at times but they mean well.

rklapp

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »
That's why you need to install a pinball machine to distract us... I mean, them.