Who's Shooting This Week? (Read 88686 times)

drck1000

Re: Who's Shooting This Weekend?
« Reply #700 on: December 31, 2021, 02:53:41 PM »
What’s so difficult with:
a) Stay behind the yellow line and away from the bench during cease fire
b) Keep muzzle pointed down range, including when uncasing firearm, at all times

Even if you’re already and expert and have more experience with firearms than anyone on this small island.  ::)

Interesting what audio electronic ear pro picks up.

macsak

« Reply #701 on: December 31, 2021, 03:46:43 PM »
"this range sucks, they are better back in the states..."

What’s so difficult with:
a) Stay behind the yellow line and away from the bench during cease fire
b) Keep muzzle pointed down range, including when uncasing firearm, at all times

Even if you’re already and expert and have more experience with firearms than anyone on this small island.  ::)

Interesting what audio electronic ear pro picks up.

aletheuo137

« Reply #702 on: December 31, 2021, 05:51:22 PM »
"this range sucks, they are better back in the states..."
Is that where your hypothetical firearms and reloading equipment resides!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #703 on: February 02, 2022, 06:50:28 PM »
Going to test out the Colt Anaconda. Reloaded some WC and Elmer Keith style SWC, moderate velocity. Also some factory ammo, hot stuff JSP 1600 fps. I don't have any safe queens  :shaka:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #704 on: February 03, 2022, 05:51:41 AM »
Going to test out the Colt Anaconda. Reloaded some WC and Elmer Keith style SWC, moderate velocity. Also some factory ammo, hot stuff JSP 1600 fps. I don't have any safe queens  :shaka:

Wow, that 1600 fps ammo is hot stuff......Let us know how the Anaconda handles it! :shaka:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

raudi

« Reply #705 on: February 03, 2022, 07:39:53 AM »
took a "newish" shooter to range this past sunday. last time he shot a gun was his dad's hunting rifle about 40+ years ago when he was 6. he said that it knocked him on his butt and he never shot again. he had a good time and is now looking into getting into the sport. I also took over to the action bays and showed him some of the other stuff going on there.

stangzilla

« Reply #706 on: February 03, 2022, 09:06:24 AM »
Wow, that 1600 fps ammo is hot stuff......Let us know how the Anaconda handles it! :shaka:

Will do  :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #707 on: February 03, 2022, 10:47:16 AM »

Will see if his "Anaconda wants some of those hot loads, son".

stangzilla

« Reply #708 on: February 07, 2022, 09:03:31 AM »
I didn't shoot a lot of the hot loads, but enough to know that the Anaconda handled the recoil well.  the heavy weight of the gun and the Hogue grip helped to mitigate the felt recoil very well. the push and the muzzle rise from the heavier load was apparent but it did not hurt my hand at all, the Anaconda felt fairly pleasant in the hand while shooting
I also got to test my WC and SWC reloads and that went well too.  recoil and muzzle rise was minimal.  now need to test accuracy
overall I'm impressed with how well it shot and how well it felt shooting some magnum loads. trigger is pretty smooth too   :shaka:

macsak

« Reply #709 on: February 07, 2022, 09:16:33 AM »
I didn't shoot a lot of the hot loads, but enough to know that the Anaconda handled the recoil well.  the heavy weight of the gun and the Hogue grip helped to mitigate the felt recoil very well. the push and the muzzle rise from the heavier load was apparent but it did not hurt my hand at all, the Anaconda felt fairly pleasant in the hand while shooting
I also got to test my WC and SWC reloads and that went well too.  recoil and muzzle rise was minimal.  now need to test accuracy
overall I'm impressed with how well it shot and how well it felt shooting some magnum loads. trigger is pretty smooth too   :shaka:

stangzilla

« Reply #710 on: February 07, 2022, 10:26:47 AM »
heads  O0

drck1000

« Reply #711 on: March 10, 2022, 07:29:58 AM »
Taking some time off from work and truly get away.  Will be doing some plinking with the new(ish) 22 rifle. 

When I get back, plan is to start shooting and load development for the 6.5 CM.  Hoping to do a lot more shooting, and on a regular basis, this year. 

Who else is shooting?  Weather looks nice and cool the next few days.   8)

drck1000

« Reply #712 on: March 10, 2022, 07:34:20 AM »

No orange Ruger hat?  Doesn't "matchy matchy" (like CMO says) with the Anaconda?

You should have wore a Sir Mixalot shirt!

aletheuo137

« Reply #713 on: March 10, 2022, 09:03:20 AM »
Taking some time off from work and truly get away.  Will be doing some plinking with the new(ish) 22 rifle. 

When I get back, plan is to start shooting and load development for the 6.5 CM.  Hoping to do a lot more shooting, and on a regular basis, this year. 

Who else is shooting?  Weather looks nice and cool the next few days.   8)
The weather people said it was going to be windy, 20-25 mph.

drck1000

« Reply #714 on: March 10, 2022, 09:40:06 AM »
The weather people said it was going to be windy, 20-25 mph.

I'll likely be shooting in the 25-50ish yard range plinking.  The winds will help keep things cooler!

Rhed

« Reply #715 on: March 10, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »
Me and my son this Sunday again. Bringing out couple rifles that we haven’t shot in a while. So gonna be on the progressive tonight instead the Forster.

drck1000

« Reply #716 on: March 10, 2022, 10:55:04 AM »
Me and my son this Sunday again. Bringing out couple rifles that we haven’t shot in a while. So gonna be on the progressive tonight instead the Forster.
Cool.  Post some pics (if you have a chance). 

changemyoil66

« Reply #717 on: March 10, 2022, 12:52:13 PM »
I'll likely be shooting in the 25-50ish yard range plinking.  The winds will help keep things cooler!

I remember 1 time it was so windy that I had to hold right 12 inches at 100yrds with the 22. But at least the wind was constant, so once I figured that out, was getting hits on 3 inch steel all day.  Used guestimation and not real wind mph and tech stuff. That's over my pay grade.

aletheuo137

« Reply #718 on: March 11, 2022, 07:35:23 AM »
Wind update, 15-20mph, mostly breezy!

drck1000

« Reply #719 on: March 14, 2022, 07:07:01 AM »
Didn't have a chance to shoot this past weekend, but did spend 3+ days unplugged, at least totally unplugged from work.  Working through the email inbow now, but not bad.

My .22 lr tuner arrived over the weekend and have a new barrel inbound, so will definitely be looking to shoot more .22lr rifle.