Firearms Training - Sharing Experience (Read 44307 times)

drck1000

Re: Firearms Training - Sharing Experience
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
And "types" of workers.
Or if it is in Cracker Barrel country makes a big difference, at least that I've noticed. . .

Buffalo Soljah! But in a different context.   :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #281 on: October 07, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »
Mrs. CMO for the clutch. Went to Walmart to get the shitty pasion fruit flavor last week.  She came home last night with Lemon Lime and Strawberry.  The Strawberry is pretty good. Not good like Pedialite strawberry, but good enough.

Drank it at the gym last night and noticed a performance drop due to me usually drinking BCAA's.  Different type of exercise drink compared to hydration based ones.

changemyoil66

« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2021, 09:40:38 AM »
Now I know why I have 3 boxes of Liquid IV. Mrs. CMO thought that I needed them in general. It's only for the once a month skill builders if I take them. 

Wchiro

« Reply #283 on: October 12, 2021, 06:34:10 PM »
Picked up some Liquid IV Pasion Fruit.  Walmart didn't have Strawberry in stock.  This is my 2nd trip there, went a few days ago and only had the green box, which has some immunity stuff in it.  All others were sold out or at least not stocked.

Town Walmart sucks. Their shelves are out of stock on more items than there should be.  This was even precovid too.  Compared to the Vegas Walmart that has full shelves and nicely organized.  Vegas Walmart was more like a Target, shelves full.  Haven't been to other locations so can't compare.

Here's your problem...zoom in to the west cost ports.   https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-118.5/centery:34.0/zoom:10

Inspector

« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2021, 02:15:07 AM »
I just took 2 days of training. Deadly Accuracy. While I learned a lot about shooting little tiny groups, I learned more about state of mind and mental and physical acuity while under duress of having to pull my weapon. We also learned how to properly draw from a holster and re-holster. Then we learned to do all of this under a stressful situation. They made the shooting portion fun as we played tic tac toe, we shot Popsicle sticks, and took head shots at different distances on a reactive target. We even split a business card.

Next class in the series is: Shoot Fast - Point Shooting - Shoot, Don’t Shoot.

This series of training stresses more practical learning than tactical training.
AZ MASS ELECTION FRAUD OCCURRED!!! - IT HAS BEEN PROVEN!!!
2A HAWAII FORUM VIRUS - OMNICRON VARIANT

changemyoil66

« Reply #285 on: October 13, 2021, 09:24:19 AM »
I just took 2 days of training. Deadly Accuracy. While I learned a lot about shooting little tiny groups, I learned more about state of mind and mental and physical acuity while under duress of having to pull my weapon. We also learned how to properly draw from a holster and re-holster. Then we learned to do all of this under a stressful situation. They made the shooting portion fun as we played tic tac toe, we shot Popsicle sticks, and took head shots at different distances on a reactive target. We even split a business card.

This series of training stresses more practical learning than tactical training.

Lucky you. Wish HI had the abundance of training classes like the mainland does.

Inspector

« Reply #286 on: October 13, 2021, 12:09:29 PM »
Lucky you. Wish HI had the abundance of training classes like the mainland does.
I scheduled the training a year ago. I was scheduled to take it in March. But my wife broke her foot in February so I had to postpone until this last weekend. I want to take the next class but it may be 6 months to 9 months out. Considering how small this town is a lot of people want training.

drck1000

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2021, 10:09:57 AM »

IMO, that's big and part of SD training that I think many don't consider or pursue.  The "performance under stress" is an interesting thing to me.  Just that damn buzzer can make folks do strange things under pressure.  Self-imposed pressure, but still pressure.  Anyone can get good at bang, pause, breathe, pick nose, bang. . .

Inspector

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2021, 10:16:14 AM »
IMO, that's big and part of SD training that I think many don't consider or pursue.  The "performance under stress" is an interesting thing to me.  Just that damn buzzer can make folks do strange things under pressure.  Self-imposed pressure, but still pressure.  Anyone can get good at bang, pause, breathe, pick nose, bang. . .
I am really taking my training and practice seriously. I go over my mindset and my attitude every day. It doesn’t mean I am going to be able to perform under duress but at least I will have a chance if it ever presents itself.

The hardest part of all of this is to make sure you don’t pick your nose with the barrel of your gun.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2021, 11:23:42 AM »
Also the after action as well. My thing is to keep my mouth shut.  Just name and "I will give a statement after I have spoke to an attorney:" and that's it.  Masaad Ayoob states to give details to the cops like witnesses or  evidence, because they may miss something.  IDK how much chatter box I will be after a high stress situation, so talking about what Ayoob recommends, may open to providing more details than needed., IMO.

Back of my USCCA card states to say "I was attacked, feared for my life and had to defend myself".  But in Hawaii, deadly force can also be used for kidnapping, rape or sodomy.  So if you make that statement but was about to be raped or sodomized, it wont look too good.

changemyoil66

« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2021, 11:24:45 AM »

Something as small as a shot timer changes my accuracy greatly.

Inspector

« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Also the after action as well. My thing is to keep my mouth shut.  Just name and "I will give a statement after I have spoke to an attorney:" and that's it.  Masaad Ayoob states to give details to the cops like witnesses or  evidence, because they may miss something.  IDK how much chatter box I will be after a high stress situation, so talking about what Ayoob recommends, may open to providing more details than needed., IMO.

Back of my USCCA card states to say "I was attacked, feared for my life and had to defend myself".  But in Hawaii, deadly force can also be used for kidnapping, rape or sodomy.  So if you make that statement but was about to be raped or sodomized, it wont look too good.
Part of passing the training was to memorize what to say. I want to, and I will cooperate with law enforcement. But not until after I speak to a lawyer.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2021, 11:33:19 AM »

Ever watch the Clint Eastwood movie "Unforgiven?"  Lots of very valid points on being in a gunfight.

It takes a heck of a lot of nerve just to pull a trigger on another man.  Now throw in the fact he's shooting at you, too!  The key is to be the first to not miss.  That means being relaxed (or less panic stricken) and well trained/skilled enough to get the first or second round on target while your adrenaline is racing and you're reacting to being shot at.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 11:38:41 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

changemyoil66

« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2021, 11:36:36 AM »
Ever watch the Clint Eastwood movie "Unfoigiven?"  Lots of very valid points on being in a gunfight.

It takes a heck of a lot of nerve just to pull a trigger on another man.  Now throw in the fact he's shooting at you, too!  The key is to be the first to not miss.  That means being relaxed (or less panic stricken) and well trained/skilled enough to get the first or second round on target while your adrenaline is racing and you're reacting to being shot at.

In Baldwins case, 10/10 hit the target. That's beast mode.

drck1000

« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2021, 11:37:45 AM »
Ever watch the Clint Eastwood movie "Unfoigiven?"  Lots of very valid points on being in a gunfight.

Uh. . . not that particular one.  I am not gonna Google it either. . . . :rofl:

I get what you mean.  It's been a while, but I used to shoot airsoft 3v3, 4v4, etc with friends.  Not a gun fight, but does give some penalty to being hit.  Especially when some of those jackwagons had high FPS guns/settings.  Can't just pop out, get good/stable form, press off a shot, and so on.  I mean you can, but prob only going to do that once. 

I was invited to play Haji a couple of times out at Schofield in one of their mock villages.  It never panned out, but thinking back, that would've been a bad idea. . .

drck1000

« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2021, 11:41:50 AM »
Something as small as a shot timer changes my accuracy greatly.
I shot next to a trusted instructor/mentor/friend a few times in a firearms class.  First time, it was in a pistol class.  I was shooting decently well that day and when he lined up next to me and gave me a "let's go", I was ready.  It was a simple course of fire with a reload.  Well, totally fumbled the reload. . . In the "debief" later that evening, we joked about it and how I always mentioned wanting to shoot side-by-side with them and see how I stack up.  Just that anticipation of "the chance/challenge" got to me.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2021, 11:43:13 AM »
I shot next to a trusted instructor/mentor/friend a few times in a firearms class.  First time, it was in a pistol class.  I was shooting decently well that day and when he lined up next to me and gave me a "let's go", I was ready.  It was a simple course of fire with a reload.  Well, totally fumbled the reload. . . In the "debief" later that evening, we joked about it and how I always mentioned wanting to shoot side-by-side with them and see how I stack up.  Just that anticipation of "the chance/challenge" got to me.

Did you Google that one?   :rofl:

The only thing certain in any gun fight is there's no prize for second place. 
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

drck1000

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2021, 11:44:29 AM »
Did you Google that one?   :rofl:
touche

dagnabbit. . .  :oops:

drck1000

« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2021, 11:51:04 AM »
I am really taking my training and practice seriously. I go over my mindset and my attitude every day. It doesn’t mean I am going to be able to perform under duress but at least I will have a chance if it ever presents itself.

The hardest part of all of this is to make sure you don’t pick your nose with the barrel of your gun.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I bought a couple of books by Dave Grossman.  I read most of one.  Have to get back to it and finish them, all. 

Anyways, I do think mindset is huge.  That said, I wish I had more opportunities to train live fire as well.

Inspector

« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »
I bought a couple of books by Dave Grossman.  I read most of one.  Have to get back to it and finish them, all. 

Anyways, I do think mindset is huge.  That said, I wish I had more opportunities to train live fire as well.
I guess I’m pretty lucky. I practice once or twice a week doing holster practice with live fire. So far that has been the hardest thing for me to learn. So I practice it the most.