when I returned from school, I had a friend who was overweight
he asked me what the secret was to losing weight
I told him, "eat less, exercise more"
he said, "no, what's the secret to losing weight?"
LOL

changemyoil66

Re: Documentary "Fed Up"
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »
Yes i drank 10lbs worth of sugar and still loss weight. Went from 212 to 154 in 12 weeks. Its because my deficit during the weeks was less than the sugar and carbs i drank that week. Dont forget to factor in the rice and somen noodles i also had. 

Oh and i got 3 cheat days also during that 12 week period. For 8 hrs i ate what ever i wanted to, fats, carbs, anything. Usually i ate a pack of bacon, a tube of port sausage, half can spam, loco moco, some oreos and cookie corner cookies, pack of red vines, and all the carbs/sugars i mentioned earlier. And all drug free. 100% natural.

So are you saying that because theres no RDA for sugar that people assume its unlimited? So even though theres no amount listed, everyone even kids their age in the film know too much sugar is no good. But dont care and love to complain.

The FDA not requiring it on labels is another topic (tinfoilish). But not the cause of people being fat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rocky

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
Yes i drank 10lbs worth of sugar and still loss weight. Went from 212 to 154 in 12 weeks. Its because my deficit during the weeks was less than the sugar and carbs i drank that week. Dont forget to factor in the rice and somen noodles i also had. 

Oh and i got 3 cheat days also during that 12 week period. For 8 hrs i ate what ever i wanted to, fats, carbs, anything. Usually i ate a pack of bacon, a tube of port sausage, half can spam, loco moco, some oreos and cookie corner cookies, pack of red vines, and all the carbs/sugars i mentioned earlier. And all drug free. 100% natural.

So are you saying that because theres no RDA for sugar that people assume its unlimited?
no, my question was Please explain to us WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging and you will know the issue.
So even though theres no amount listed, everyone even kids their age in the film know too much sugar is no good. But dont care and love to complain.

The FDA not requiring it on labels is another topic (tinfoilish).
Please explain to us WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging and you will know the issue.[/b]
But not the cause of people being fat.

It's not about fat or being fat, it's about what has been done by food corps and gov to disregard, no,  to damage our health in favor of profit.

Fast food, Diet food, Low Fat, Skimmed etc...

Can you remember  TV Dinners in Aluminum trays, Government Cheese (where do you think all the fat went when they took it out of milk) and more.

30 yrs ago, there was no "Type 2 diabetes", no one you knew had Cancer and you needed to be at least 80 or better to have a heart attack ?
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »

So are you saying that because theres no RDA for sugar that people assume its unlimited?
no, my question was Please explain to us WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging and you will know the issue.
So even though theres no amount listed, everyone even kids their age in the film know too much sugar is no good. But dont care and love to complain.

The FDA not requiring it on labels is another topic (tinfoilish).
Please explain to us WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging and you will know the issue.[/b]
But not the cause of people being fat.

It's not about fat or being fat, it's about what has been done by food corps and gov to disregard, no,  to damage our health in favor of profit.

Fast food, Diet food, Low Fat, Skimmed etc...

Can you remember  TV Dinners in Aluminum trays, Government Cheese (where do you think all the fat went when they took it out of milk) and more.

30 yrs ago, there was no "Type 2 diabetes", no one you knew had Cancer and you needed to be at least 80 or better to have a heart attack ?

Bullshit.

I don't know what planet you're from, but disease and death has been with us for quite some time, even cancer.

You must not have ever eaten in the South 30 years ago.

Sweet iced tea, homemade ice cream, every possible cake, pie and pudding you can name .. made with acres of processed sugar.  Fried chicken, fried fish, chicken fried steak, fried vegetables (my favorites: okra and squash double-coated in flour and corn meal and crispy-fried), hush puppies, french fries, hash browns, mashed potatoes, .... I could go on.  And all the cooking used REAL butter and fried in lard (animal fat).

Then there's the tobacco-related cancers, skin cancers and just run-of-the-mill lymph node cancers.

My grandmother lived to 89 with lung cancer (half a lung removed), skin cancer (surgery a number of times), alcoholism (kicked it, then fell back into it when  she retired), and ate what she fed us --  a 100% authentic Southern diet, complete with fried tomatoes in fatback grease.

My father and grandfather both died in their 50s from -- I know you won't believe this, but CANCER.  Father died about 27 years ago, and grandfather about 40.

My mother's best friend had throat cancer in her 30s I'd say about 45 years ago and is still alive, although she uses a vibration device held to her throat to speak -- vocal cords removed.  Her brother contracted the same cancer in his late 20s and died 2 years later.  That would be about 45 years ago.

As for heart attacks, family history (i.e. genetics) has far more to do with that (and longevity in general) than diet, exercise and lifestyle.  How did anyone live before aerobics?

You're trying to blame today's excessive lifestyles on the gov't?  Really?  What ever happened to education, discipline and common sense?

"Liberal causation" = "someone else's fault."

The general consensus today is that, while a healthy lifestyle doesn't mean you'll necessarily live longer or avoid disease (like diabetes), being healthy does improve the quality of ones life.

Arguing that this or that is good or bad for everyone is pointless.  We're all different, and we're all going to die of something.

BTW, my mom also had type 2 diabetes almost her whole life & was never obese.  She never had to use insulin, but did have to manage it through diet.  it's why our iced tea at home was made with half sugar/half saccharine.  We never had sodas at home growing up (diet sodas didn't exist until Tab -- bleh!).  I think we bought 1 six pack of Coke every July 4th as a treat.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:03:59 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 08:05:16 PM »
NM, still blaming someone/something else for why people are fat. Im out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rocky

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2019, 10:43:29 AM »
   Neither of you answered " WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging" which would put the doc  and this thread in perspective
If you watched the doc, you would know.

AGAIN, it was not just about being "fat",  it's more about what has been done by food corps and gov to disregard, no,  to damage our health in favor of profit.
Don't know why you are obsessed with the fat.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
   As for disease (diabetes, cancer, heart disease, overweight etc...) , I was referring specifically to the last 30 - 35  years (see my first reply) in which these disease have INCREASED exponentially.
FYI, ALL of the "southern" states sans Texas, New Mexico and Florida have the highest obesity rate and the  lowest life expectancy.
Mississippi is #1 in both category's followed by Alabama, then Louisiana.
If you live in Mississippi, you have the same life expectancy as someone in Bangladesh.  :shake: :shake:

Then again, "It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance."  :crazy:

Would be nice if someone else actually watched the doc to get another opinion other than the 5-6 posts per day boys.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2019, 11:03:35 AM »
   Neither of you answered " WHY there is no RDA for sugar on packaging" which would put the doc  and this thread in perspective
If you watched the doc, you would know.

AGAIN, it was not just about being "fat",  it's more about what has been done by food corps and gov to disregard, no,  to damage our health in favor of profit.
Don't know why you are obsessed with the fat.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
   As for disease (diabetes, cancer, heart disease, overweight etc...) , I was referring specifically to the last 30 - 35  years (see my first reply) in which these disease have INCREASED exponentially.
FYI, ALL of the "southern" states sans Texas, New Mexico and Florida have the highest obesity rate and the  lowest life expectancy.
Mississippi is #1 in both category's followed by Alabama, then Louisiana.
If you live in Mississippi, you have the same life expectancy as someone in Bangladesh.  :shake: :shake:

Then again, "It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance."  :crazy:

Would be nice if someone else actually watched the doc to get another opinion other than the 5-6 posts per day boys.

You are making the point a soda's RDA information doesn't include sugars?

RDA is for NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION. What is the nutritional component in sugar?  Carbohydrates.

Nutrients are listed chemically because certain ingredients have those nutrients, whether they are vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats or carbs.  Sugars are carbs. 

The RDA of sugar is there.  It just takes more deductive reasoning than you seem to want to muster.

Carbs: 
    39g 
    %Daily Value (i.e. RDA):   13%

Sugars:  39g

Every Carb in that can of soda is from sugar.  The RDA for carbs is 13% of your total caloric intake on a daily average no matter the source of the carbs.  Sugars are carbs.

Your government-corporate conspiracy theory is lame.

I rest my case.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall