HAM Radio Frequencies in Hawaii (Read 9998 times)

macsak

Re: HAM Radio Frequencies in Hawaii
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2021, 05:47:52 AM »
Scheduling the exam a week before the end of the course isn't so strange when you see it's really the next to last day of class.  This is a guess, but it seems like a reasonable assumption.

Classes are held weekly.  The exams are scheduled the next to last week.  The final class day would be more for distributing certificates, filling out and signing forms for license applications, etc.  I'm imagining how Front Sight was.  Last day was filling out CCW applications for various states, staff certifying and signing them, providing guidance on next steps, etc.  Unlikely to be a day of instruction.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Just makes sense as all listed classes have the same timeline pattern.

:geekdanc: :thumbsup:

huh?
Classes meet Mondays – September 20 thru November 1, 2021,
6:00pm to 8:00pm HST (GMT -10), via Zoom Meetings
Course is free; Examination will be August 16, 2021 (exam is $15.00)

you want to recall your statement?

aletheuo137

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2021, 07:43:38 AM »
If you are interested in finding out additional information or to reserve a spot, please contact Steve Kawamae (KH6WG) directly at skawamae@gmail.com.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

aletheuo137

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2021, 07:44:33 AM »
huh?

Phone is giving me problems, posted contact info instead. Sorry about that.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

robtmc

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2021, 10:04:34 AM »
the classes are after the test?
Verdict first, trial later.

>could not resist<

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
huh?

I feel I put enough qualifiers in my statement that it can stand on it's own regardless of accuracy! 
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2021, 07:48:51 AM »
FYI

"Aloha All,

Please join us Sunday afternoon for our weekly communications net at 4:00PM (HST) Hawaii Standard time on the Hawaiian Mainland Allstarlink Network.

All radio amateurs are invited. This network has a big footprint, and good ears with multiple remote Allstar simplex and repeater nodes, so hams on every island and

on the Mainland should be able to check in.

Weekly Newsline Broadcast Sunday 21 March 2021 at 1530 Hawaii Standard Time (22/0130 UTC)

********************************************************************************************************************************
Weekly Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Net starts Sunday at 1600 Hawaii Standard Time (22/0200 UTC)
Net Control: Gescio Alpuro (WH6AV)

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hilo LDS Stake Emergency Response Net Monday Night 22 March at 2030 Hawaii Standard Time (23/0630 UTC)
Net Control: TBD

Net Control will take check-ins from Hilo Stake first followed by others on the Allstarlink network to include other Stakes in

the Hawaiian Islands and mainland stations. This net is open to anyone who wants to participate.  He'll be operating from Kurtistown, Big Island

using Stake VHF repeater.  Please observe a two second delay on key up time between each transmission.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
All activities can be heard on the following links:

Allstar - Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Network via RF simplex and repeaters throughout the Hawaiian Islands and nodes in the Mainland.  Here is

a link to view the RF frequencies depending upon where you reside:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yzLw8DZxYvQRL4lJKmA-KGpMn3aH4Ch_&usp=sharing

Echolink - WH6AV-L

KH6IN-L
                  NH6HI-L   

A New VHF Repeater was activated and fully operational in Honokaa (Hamakua District) of Hawaii Island.  Frequency is 146.780 (-) PL 100

For those not licensed yet, you can listen to the net on the following website.   https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27598 

If anyone needs help, please let me know.  Glad to be of assistance

73 and aloha

Dave - AH6OD" 
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 02:45:33 PM »
FYI

Aloha All,

Please join us Sunday afternoon for our weekly communications net at 4:00PM (HST) Hawaii Standard time on the Hawaiian Mainland Allstarlink Network.

All radio amateurs are invited. This network has a big footprint, and good ears with multiple remote Allstar simplex and repeater nodes, so hams on every island and

Weekly Newsline Broadcast Sunday 04 April 2021 at 1530 Hawaii Standard Time (05/0130 UTC)

********************************************************************************************************************************
Weekly Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Net starts Sunday at 1600 Hawaii Standard Time (05/0200 UTC)
Net Control: Jim (NH6HI) - Kalaheo, Kauai

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hilo LDS Stake Emergency Response Net Monday Night 05 April at 2030 Hawaii Standard Time (06/0630 UTC)

Net Control will take check-ins from Hilo Stake first followed by others on the Allstarlink network to include other Stakes in

the Hawaiian Islands and mainland stations. This net is open to anyone who wants to participate.  He'll be operating from Kurtistown, Big Island

using Stake VHF repeater.  Please observe a two second delay on key up time between each transmission.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Allstar - Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Network via RF simplex and repeaters throughout the Hawaiian Islands and nodes in the Mainland.  Here is

a link to view the RF frequencies depending upon where you reside:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yzLw8DZxYvQRL4lJKmA-KGpMn3aH4Ch_&usp=sharing

Echolink - WH6AV-L

KH6IN-L
                  NH6HI-L   

A New VHF Repeater was activated and fully operational in Honokaa (Hamakua District) of Hawaii Island.  Frequency is 146.780 (-) PL 100

For those not licensed yet, you can listen to the net on the following website.   https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27598 

--
73 and aloha

Dave - AH6OD
Reply Reply All Forward
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2021, 06:08:34 AM »
FYI

"Aloha All,

Weekly Newsline Broadcast Sunday 18 April 2021 at 1530 Hawaii Standard Time (19/0130 UTC)

Weekly Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Net starts Sunday at 1600 Hawaii Standard Time (19/0200 UTC)
Net Control: Davd (AH6OD) - Queen Creek, Arizona

Hilo LDS Stake Emergency Response Net Monday Night 19 April at 2030 Hawaii Standard Time (20/0630 UTC)

Echolink - KH6IN-L

--
73 and aloha

Dave - AH6OD"
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

hvybarrels

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »
Shoot I am going to put this in my calendar so that I don’t forget
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Rocky

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:23 PM »
I think there's another "contact session " the 19th.
Check w/ Dave
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »
Aloha All,

Weekly Newsline Broadcast Sunday 23 May 2021 at 1530 Hawaii Standard Time (24/0130 UTC)

Weekly Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Net starts Sunday at 1600 Hawaii Standard Time (24/0200 UTC)
Net Control: Dave P. (AH6OD) - Queen Creek, Arizona
Net Logger: Wayne G. (KH6IN) - Mililani, Oahu

Hilo LDS Stake Emergency Response Net Monday Night 24 May at 2030 Hawaii Standard Time (25/0630 UTC)
Net Control: Alex E. (AH6KZ)

Echolink - WH6AV-L

KH6IN-L
                  NH6HI-L   

--
73 and aloha

Dave - AH6OD
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

hvybarrels

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »
Thanks Rocky!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2021, 05:16:44 PM »
I tuned in on the internet a bit because I could not figure out how to program my radio. Windows machine died and Mac is not as easy, but finally got it connected. Watching a youtube on using chirp to program it so hopefully I can sign in next time.

That was really cool to hear so many people on the net. Last time I was involved people were lamenting about how the elmers were not being replaced but now it seems like there is plenty of renewed interest!

Update:

Okay finally figured out how to program using this great video

but as I figured no reception back here. Looks like its time to make antenna
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:34:45 PM by hvybarrels »

Rocky

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2021, 06:14:46 AM »
  Aloha All,

To commemorate King Kamehameha Celebration on 11 June 2021, there will be a Special Event Amateur Radio Station with callsign "K6K". The event to celebrate King Kamehameha the Great and Hawaii's rich history.  The event is scheduled to commence from 0600 HST and end at 2200 HST.  The main modes of operation will be SSB, FM, FT-8, and Winlink.  The Hawaii Allstar Repeater system will participate in this event and we are looking for Net Controllers interested in running the net during the allotted time.  Michael KH6ML, organizer of the event, is asking that we invite net controllers from the State of Hawaii during the event.  We are also opening up the opportunity for transplants from Hawaii living on the Mainland that would like to participate as a Net controller on this event.  Net Logger will be used for the log and we would need the GridSq of each Net Controller.  Mike is planning to have a zoom meeting for all controllers a week out.  The Special Event was transmitted out via ARRL website yesterday, therefore, we anticipate a good following of hams from all over the world to check-in via Allstar, Echolink, Brandmeister/DMR and other platforms.  You can be sure Allstar system administrators will be there to ensure a smooth transition during the event.  We appreciate those who have volunteered so far.

Check out the link provided: https://sites.google.com/view/k6khawaii

--
73 and aloha

Dave Pacheco - AH6OD

This message was coordinated with:

Mike  - KH6ML
Gescio  - WH6AV
Wayne - KH6IN
Jim  - NH6HI

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2021, 06:36:48 AM »
    Aloha All,

on the Mainland should be able to check in. Prior to the net, we'll be re-transmitting Amateur Radio Newsline weekly broadcast.

Weekly Newsline Broadcast Sunday 30 May 2021 at 1530 Hawaii Standard Time (31/0130 UTC)

Weekly Hawaii/Mainland Allstarlink Net starts Sunday at 1600 Hawaii Standard Time (31/0200 UTC)
    Net Control: Wayne G. (KH6IN) - Mililani, Oahu
    Net Logger: Jim P. (NH6HI) - Kalaheo, Kauai

Hilo LDS Stake Emergency Response Net Monday Night 31 May at 2030 Hawaii Standard Time (01/0630 UTC)
    Net Control: Alex E. (AH6KZ) - Kurtistown, Hawaii

For Hawaii Island Hams only:

Big Island Monthly Siren Net  on Tuesday 01 June at 1130 Hawaii Standard Time (2330 UTC)

Net Control:  Doug W. (KH7DQ) - Volcano, Hawaii

The Net will be tied in on select Allstar repeater and simplex nodes throughout the Big island for the monthly exercise.

All Hawaii Island Amateur Radio operators are encouraged to participate to ensure all Sirens can be heard and operating at

maximum efficiency.  The list of repeaters and simplex nodes are provided as an attachment.
   ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    King Kamehameha Celebration  Special Event Amateur Radio Station Friday 11 June 2021
   A June special event will commemorate Hawaii's King Kamehameha and the history of the 50th state. K6K will be on the air from 0600 HST on June 11 until 2200 HST.  Those working K6K are eligible to receive a full-color K6K: King Kamehameha Celebration certificate. 

Echolink - WH6AV-L

KH6IN-L
                      NH6HI-L   

--
73 and aloha

Dave - AH6OD
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

kptheplatypus

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2021, 08:24:20 PM »
Howzit!?  Anyone got a list of radio frequencies to program into a radio? 

Looking for the following:
1. Simplex Frequencies
2. Weather Frequencies
3.Repeaters
4. FRS?GMRS
5. Scanner Freqs

Mahalo.  WH6FIT

Send me a PM and I'll send you all the FRS/ GMRS, Amateur Radio, NOAA, Simplex, Repeaters, and Wilderness Protocol frequencies I have. If you're on O'ahu, you won't be able to scan for HPD, EMS, HFD, or TSA or military frequencies because they use digital Tx/ service or encryptions, unless you have a digital radio. My call sign is WH6GOW. Also, use CHIRP to program your radio if you're able. It's great.
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society